The Sims | Life by You cancelled

Unoriginal

What would ya'll like to see in Sims 5? I personally think the game peaked with TS3 and the ability to travel to other places via car... I know you can still travel in TS4 but it's not the same experience. I would personally love to see an open world, but that would mean EA makes a heavy investment on servers capable of supporting the platform for at minimum 20 years. 

Other than that... TS4 is perfect for me... I get to live out my fantasy life and still create semi realistic builds. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Year of Shadow

• Apolonio

• RihannaLoverrr

• noonbob

Honestly some of them are actually really nice. 

1. Courtyard Oasis

2. Fashion Street

Are 100% worth it for fantasy themes. 

For realism I like:

1. Moonlight Chic

2. Throwback Fit

3. Grunge Revival

-

1. Basement Treasures

2. Industrial Loft

3. Little Campers

3 minutes ago, shinyshimmery said:

What would ya'll like to see in Sims 5? I personally think the game peaked with TS3 and the ability to travel to other places via car... I know you can still travel in TS4 but it's not the same experience. I would personally love to see an open world, but that would mean EA makes a heavy investment on servers capable of supporting the platform for at minimum 20 years. 

Other than that... TS4 is perfect for me... I get to live out my fantasy life and still create semi realistic builds. 

I really really want cars, motorcycles, skateboards. I want these in Sims 4 as well. It says so much about a sim's personality even if they can't drive anywhere. 

Also apartments like Sims 2 Apartment Life DLC.

But if they give us a fairies DLC, I'll probably stay with Sims 4 for life lol. 

I'm really terrified Sims 5 will completely abandon all the magical themes of Sims 4 because the community is so different these days. People on Reddit straight up say that sims should only be realism and if you play magical themes, you're not a real sims player :rip:

Soooo let’s see if this update fixes the game so it won’t crash every time I travel or exit CAS/Build mode. 

Shoutout to the talented Xurelia for help creating the new kit. I’m actually happy for her kit. The other is meh but knowing me I’m still gonna buy it.

I stole that pic from Sism Community, I don't actually own all of those hehe 

So last Christmas they put most of the EPs for $15 I wonder if they will do it this year as well. 

Honestly the older ones like Get to Work and Get Together should be cut down to $30 base price. It's been 9 years. :rip:

1 minute ago, Rogue said:

Shoutout to the talented Xurelia for help creating the new kit. I’m actually happy for her kit. The other is meh but knowing me I’m still gonna buy it.

It looks like it has a new vanity table :soda:

Sims can't do that animation without the Vintage Glamour table. I'll scream if this is false advertisement

sims-4-modern-luxe-screen-2-lq.jpg

18 minutes ago, shinyshimmery said:

A lively game. TS2 and TS3 were so great because it was the small details that made it so good. TS4 is so extremely dollhouse like

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

Sims can't do that animation without the Vintage Glamour table. I'll scream if this is false advertisement

sims-4-modern-luxe-screen-2-lq.jpg

I love the new vanity table. I’ve been hoping they added a new vanity table for a long while now. It better not be false advertisement lol. 

• ATRL Moderator
23 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

Honestly some of them are actually really nice. 

1. Courtyard Oasis

2. Fashion Street

Are 100% worth it for fantasy themes. 

For realism I like:

1. Moonlight Chic

2. Throwback Fit

3. Grunge Revival

-

1. Basement Treasures

2. Industrial Loft

3. Little Campers

the clutter kits are great, as is moonlight chic. bust the dust would be if it worked. i really like grunge revival and little campers. blooming rooms is nice for more plant decor

8 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

apparently the vintage glamour vanity has been moved to the base game files with today's update so it'll be functional/a new gameplay object for everyone 

• Thanks 2

Hopefully this update also fixes how my library was erased of all the downloads I’ve gotten over the years. :doc: 

Does anyone love their sims so much that you don’t want them to age and die? 

I swear I’ve been playing with the same 1-2 generations for the past 5 years or so. :dies: 

15 minutes ago, Rogue said:

Does anyone love their sims so much that you don’t want them to age and die? 

I swear I’ve been playing with the same 1-2 generations for the past 5 years or so. :dies: 

WaiT same :deadbanana:

Back in June I shared on here a few pics. I made my Sims-Ezreal back in 2018 after his rework was revealed :skull:

I only bought Dream Home Decorator because it has his hairstyle :ghostface:

Just now, PoKiTaurus said:

WaiT same :deadbanana:

Back in June I shared on here a few pics. I made my Sims-Ezreal back in 2018 after his rework was revealed :skull:

I only bought Dream Home Decorator because it has his hairstyle :ghostface:

Wait lemme go look. I love seeing other simmmer’s sims. I play on console so I don’t have the luxury of mods but I still like sharing my sims because I think they be cute compared to the other normies in game. 

How do y'all present your storylines? I do gifs consisting of speech / thought bubbles like in comic books. 

Here's Ezreal crashing my ATRL Color Game final presentation:

5WcMzLI.gif

I had SO MANY story gifs like these, each had like, 100 unique frames but I lost it all :cries2:

I seriously want to redo them and share online. 

God, will we ever get a realistic celebrity addon? It seems to me that the best potential for this was in TS2, due to the originality of concepts and ideas.

When I remember that my Katy Perry in TS3 drove around the city in a taxi and sang damn musical postcards to order. Just, what kind of nonsense?

6 minutes ago, Rogue said:

Wait lemme go look. I love seeing other simmmer’s sims. I play on console so I don’t have the luxury of mods but I still like sharing my sims because I think they be cute compared to the other normies in game. 

It's on pages 18 and 19 :smile:

3 minutes ago, Fastlane said:

God, will we ever get a realistic celebrity addon? It seems to me that the best potential for this was in TS2, due to the originality of concepts and ideas.

When I remember that my Katy Perry in TS3 drove around the city in a taxi and sang damn musical postcards to order. Just, what kind of nonsense?

Get Famous is cool for actors and youtuber sims but yeah trying to create a pop star is awful. You can't do anything music wise. 

Sims 2 was actually meant to have a celebrity DLC but it got cancelled. I think the glamorous dresses from the 2008 store is leftovers from that pack's CAS. 

Just now, PoKiTaurus said:

Get Famous is cool for actors and youtuber sims but yeah trying to create a pop star is awful. You can't do anything music wise. 

Sims 2 was actually meant to have a celebrity DLC but it got cancelled. I think the glamorous dresses from the 2008 store is leftovers from that pack's CAS. 

It's so corny from a plot point of view. First you sing in nightclubs, for example, then you send your demo discs via computer or email (and they refuse you – as by analogy with writing a TS2 novel). Then they are invited to sing in a public area and there may be a scale of success as with a date. Etc. 

EA hinted at an addon with celebrities in one of the trailers, where there was a parody of Simple Life.

On 9/4/2023 at 4:40 PM, Rogue said:

She actually started with TS3 and that whole era. 

And she doesn’t think TS4 is perfect. I watch all of her videos and whenever she does her streaming. She’s very vocal about issues that still plagues the games today. Even though she’s a EA game changer she’s definitely not a yes man. She actually has a gripe with a couple of things and doesn’t automatically like whatever EA shills out. Lilsimsie just likes to remain optimistic and positive. 

She actually tries and communicate with the Sim Gurus and others on issues and other stuff. Like the update with finally painting the ceiling. She was one of the first big simmers to campaign for it, YEARS ago. :skull: 

Also being able to name cow plants. Her doing. Granted it’s small stuff, it shows that they are listening. But she’s not the only Simmer with a huge following that participates in the EA game changer program so I’m not understanding the hate. 

Oh sounds like I was mistaken, at the end of the day I'm pretty sure she gets the hate because she's a Sims 4 sympathizer, no way around it :lakitu:

2 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

How do y'all present your storylines? I do gifs consisting of speech / thought bubbles like in comic books. 

Here's Ezreal crashing my ATRL Color Game final presentation:

5WcMzLI.gif

I had SO MANY story gifs like these, each had like, 100 unique frames but I lost it all :cries2:

I seriously want to redo them and share online. 

Back in The Sims 2 I used to take screenshots of all the big events my sims experienced throughout their lives and then write descriptions for each one in the in-game screenshot album thing :deadbanana4: I'm just now finding out that TS4 has a similar feature too so maybe I'll get back into it again :-*

• Thanks 1

Hmmm the vinyl record actually switches vinyl appearance based on what radio station we play :soda:

The curtains are modular which is good. 

the-sims-4-modern-luxe-kit-objects.jpg

I see a new tank top hmmmmmmmm and what looks to be a variant of the speedo that doesn't have the cutout on the right so oop looks like I'm about to shell $10 more to EA. 

the-sims-4-poolside-splash-cas-items.jpg

11 minutes ago, HungryByTheBuffet said:

Oh sounds like I was mistaken, at the end of the day I'm pretty sure she gets the hate because she's a Sims 4 sympathizer, no way around it :lakitu:

She also does a lot of streams for charities. Last year she made like, $300,000 for St. Jude. 

Her streams are better than the videos, she often talks about how the youtube alogrithm forces her to do things the way she does.

The way she was able to hustle Sims, college, and a marriage is crazy. This is MPG levels of commitment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoKiTaurus said:

She also does a lot of streams for charities. Last year she made like, $300,000 for St. Jude. 

Her streams are better than the videos, she often talks about how the youtube alogrithm forces her to do things the way she does.

The way she was able to hustle Sims, college, and a marriage is crazy. This is MPG levels of commitment. 

AND her father has cancer. She’s holding up really well with all things considering. 

Going through my photos I only have the ones where I started taking after I switched from PS4 to PS5. 

This is more of a photo dump of my spin-off family that’s connected to my family through friendship. 

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.