The Sims | Life by You cancelled

Unoriginal

5 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

:heart:

PS5 controls are totally messed up because of the latest update so until they fix it I have to settle for the PC version but I don't have any DLC so I think I will try to do the Sims 2 Build A City Challenge. Last time I did it was like, 2018. 

What is this challenge ? On what game are you playing normally? Did you ever think of doing a YouTube channel? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Year of Shadow

• Apolonio

• RihannaLoverrr

• noonbob

Available 20th July! :duca: :duca:

pre-ordered

So horses, horses competitions, sheeps, goats and nectar making

Edited by BigBangStan

+ animations are fantastic. I can totally see why this had a $40 DLC budget. 

+ World is similar to StrangerVille so I can finally have more households in that atmosphere 

+ Nectar making would work well in Tartosa as well to further build on the cultural aspects 

+ The other animals appear to be free-range like the chickens.

+ I love the side braid it looks incredible. My mom used to do one like that when she was my age 

Maybe I'll recreate her childhood horse, she always said he was so smart. 

+ Line dancing is cool 

- I don't see a lot of guy clothes??? Dude, western fashion is crazy diverse. All sorts of cowboy boots, hats, flannels, unique belt buckles, fancy suits. Don't tell me they don't have inspiration for this. 

- No horse riding boots?? 

- the name sucks

- I don't see any new hairstyles for guys... 

- Surprised we didn't see any overalls + rubber boots combo for guys 

- no ponies for the kids? In one of the screenshots that leaked they showed a kid sitting on a FULL GROWN HORSE dude... do you want your kid to die? There's a reason those short stubby ponies exist on most ranches 

- NO BABY HORSES?!!!!! :redface:

A few flaws but still I think this will be my first DLC on my new PC :celestial4:

I hope we can give the horses traits.  Obedient, free spirited, untamable, talkative, energetic, it would be seriously amazing if they can have these traits. 

But I really really hope they do have baby horses, it's so common to adopt a baby horse when your kid is still little so that by the time your kid is in their teens, they have a young-adult horse that knows and trusts them. 

I didn't have that luxury but it still feels sentimental :redface:

horses can live up to 30 something years so you're seriously looking at a friend for half your life. I've actually seen grown men cry over their horses passing away.

So yeah if they actually skipped out on baby horses, OOF.

8 hours ago, Monsieurgedeon said:

What is this challenge ? On what game are you playing normally? Did you ever think of doing a YouTube channel? 

I'm mosrly following these rules for Sims 2:

https://redmond-flats.weebly.com/original-challenge-rules.html

It's really cool, it's a combination of several challenges. It's a bit crazy to follow all the details but it's the only way I feel like I can play Sims 2.

I've been working on writing a Sims 4 version of it. 

I've actually been seriously considering a YouTube channel for the last month tbh

It looks cute.. I guess?

I see mixed reactions online, I totally get it. You either love horses or not really. 

This is like Get Famous, Snowy Escape, a specific section of the fan base they want to target. :celestial4:

This time around I don't like the pre-order items. I don't use the rocking chairs, the wheel is a bit too pinterest-ish and the Outdoor Retreat guitar outsold all the other ones. 

This looks like the definition of nice glorified trailer, boooooring ass buggy gameplay. I'll pass

June 27th they will show more Sims 5 footage, and reveal Sims 4 content for the rest of 2023 and 2024. 

On 6/22/2023 at 9:23 PM, PoKiTaurus said:

I'm mosrly following these rules for Sims 2:

https://redmond-flats.weebly.com/original-challenge-rules.html

It's really cool, it's a combination of several challenges. It's a bit crazy to follow all the details but it's the only way I feel like I can play Sims 2.

I've been working on writing a Sims 4 version of it. 

I've actually been seriously considering a YouTube channel for the last month tbh

Go for it man ! I would watch

and thanks for clarifying. You are nuts lol to do it but sounds cool 

5 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

June 27th they will show more Sims 5 footage, and reveal Sims 4 content for the rest of 2023 and 2024. 

Finally more "Project Rene" :)

Unfortunately this does not make me excited. The idea of a horse pack peaked my interest but this looks like it adds nothing. Definitely not enough to be considered an expansion pack. Also do the foals just never grow? :rip: 

I really like the look of the new world. Its been ages since I've played 4 though, currently back to sims 2 

It's literally Cottage Living but reskinned :rip:

1 hour before the new summit :1stplace:

I think this is my favorite CAS. A mix of this and Grunge Revival is actually how I dress IRL. 

On the right side you can see a bright green flannel over a black shirt. I actually do that IRL lmao.

That pattern is incredible, it looks even better than the Dream Home Decorator one that I always gush over. 

Spoiler

thoughts-on-the-new-horse-ranch-items-v0

And build / buy looks incredible. Such a vibe. This is what I wanted from Cottage Living. 

Spoiler

thoughts-on-the-new-horse-ranch-items-v0

I really hope they show fairies, skateboards, bands in the Summit. 

Edited by PoKiTaurus

The Caliente lore they gave us in that update….

:deadbanana2: 

Well at least they addressed it :skull:

We get a fantasy pack, we get jumped by the realism fans. 

We get a desert world, we get jumped by the yankees 

We get a fun concept of horse riding and line dancing, we get jumped by the family players

ratchet-and-clank-nick-astalos.gif

17 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

Enjoy your Sims 5 y'all  :hey:

https://simscommunity.info/2023/06/28/the-sims-5-free-to-play/

They'll be making us wish we had kits again once they roll out Sims 3 Store 2.0 

Oh I fear this isn’t gonna be good

:skull: 

Praying I’m wrong but I think everything will be micro-transactions. Most limited base game options incoming. This mixed with it being mobile compatible & allegedly being online too… :doc: 

Edited by RihannaLoverrr

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.