The Sims | Life by You cancelled

Unoriginal

1 hour ago, mathekr said:

I know everyone talks about Paralives having EA shaking in their boots, but I feel like the real threat to The Sims has arrived

Oh wow and by the acclaimed developers of Cities: Skylines that quite literally ended Simcity? and Rod Humble who is an ex employee of EA making this a more personal battle? we aren't ready

there's also that acclaimed sims 4 mod maker that created that open word mod and other mods that announced a first person open world GTA like life simulator?

with all this competition I can't help but feel like Sims on PC is truly nearing its death, and EA knew this was a possibility after Sims 4 which is precisely why Sims 5 is cross compatible with mobile and is gonna be everywhere that runs games, they aren't trying to make a good simulation game anymore, Sims 5 is gonna appeal to the Fortnite mobile generation and while EA will probably make even more money than they do currently with Sims, that money won't be on PC where people who want to play good games will go for more acclaimed options.

what can I say...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Year of Shadow

• Apolonio

• RihannaLoverrr

• noonbob

• ATRL Moderator

i hope it's good but we have almost nothing to go on yet :rip: it looks like the sims 3 combined with those fake sims 5 trailers that popped up years ago. i'm by no means a sims 4 defender (haven't played in months) but the situation is completely different to simcity. that game killed itself whereas the sims 4 is the most successful game in the franchise.

compare this to paralives, a life simulator which has shown off almost no life simulation and seems as far off from release as it did four years ago. it's still essentially a stylised character creator and ts4 already does that really well :redface:

Hmm, so on March 20th we'll see that sims competitor?

Good luck trying to download The Sims 4 Growing Together if you're on the EA App on PC, it ain't working :biblio:

Never mind, it's working now.

So the Life By You showcase will be in like 20 minutes from now. I hope it is good.

By the way Growing Together is make zero noise, the game really is dead at this point.

1 hour ago, DemnisBreezy said:

So the Life By You showcase will be in like 20 minutes from now. I hope it is good.

By the way Growing Together is make zero noise, the game really is dead at this point.

them showing the colour wheel and open world i laughed

5 hours ago, DemnisBreezy said:

Zero noise? Lmao. The game has record high player numbers since the pack and Infants came out :rip: Like it beats most active player counts on Steam. 

You guys really don’t have any idea how massive the Sims 4 actually is which makes me laugh. It’s got over 50 Million players and that’s before it was made permanently free to play. 

16 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

them showing the colour wheel and open world i laughed

we will be playing that's for sure. Also all those features that would be spread out through 29 expansion and gamepacks in the sims, they really are onto something.

With the right polishing it could really challange EA for its throne or even kill the Sims and I'm here for it  tbh

7 minutes ago, DemnisBreezy said:

we will be playing that's for sure. Also all those features that would be spread out through 29 expansion and gamepacks in the sims, they really are onto something.

With the right polishing it could really challange EA for its throne or even kill the Sims and I'm here for it  tbh

it unfortunately looks very 2005 ps2 exclusive :mandown: they need a lot of work on the ui and graphics but it's not even in early access so :giraffe:

9 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

it unfortunately looks very 2005 ps2 exclusive :mandown: they need a lot of work on the ui and graphics but it's not even in early access so :giraffe:

True but with how moddable this game is I'm sure it will completely different in a year or two. Right now it looks like sims 3 with better lighting but honestly I take it, if it runns well. Being more fun than what most of Sims 4 actually offers is not that hard after all. We'll see.

It seems like you only get the preorder pack thingy if you order on Epic but I hate Epic and would rather use Steam for it :cries:

• ATRL Moderator

game looks ugly and literally just like the sims :fan:

Is the 'Growing together' EP worth it? I love family oriented gameplay.

Life By You gives me a little GTA vibes :jonny5:

On 3/25/2023 at 1:01 PM, Love Again said:

Life By You gives me a little GTA vibes :jonny5:

Which is exactly what we all want. A darker, more realistic sims game. 

Is The Sims 4 dead yet? :giraffe:

i uninstalled it a few months ago and haven't had the urge to play it since. it lacks some of the magic that ts2/3 had that made you want to continuously play. 

If they remastered and optimised TS3 that would immediately end all competition. 

So:

Paralives is a glorified Pinterest interior design simulator that will be released for open alpha in 3025

Sims 5 is also going for realism

Life by You is aiming at GTA 5 role play servers with time skips 

Which means me and the occult stans are being laid in the grave :deadbanana4:

P!nk_What_About_Us.mp3 

She can't catch a break I feel so bad :cries:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.