The Sims

Unoriginal

Do y'all know custom The Sims 3 worlds that combine features of all expansion packs (e.g., dive spots, equestrian center)?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hiatus

• Apolonio

• RihannaLoverrr

• Tiziano's Boy

Not my sim getting a chance card at work and going from level 5 to the max level of her career and becoming famous in the blink of an eye :bibliahh:

16 hours ago, Yves said:

Do y'all know custom The Sims 3 worlds that combine features of all expansion packs (e.g., dive spots, equestrian center)?

I once did a world like that and it was laggy as hell.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sacrifice said:

everything she said :clap3: scamming players with every release.

I love her. EA promised to fix all the bugs with patch updates but we only got one so far. Some of the older packs are still not fixed too. Dine out is still a huge mess. The over reliance on modders to fix the game is not doing it for me anymore. EA are the worst. 

I've just caught up with Cindy and oh my god I just bawled my eyes out at that video.. I can't believe it. Everything she wanted just taken.. honestly so heartbreaking.

1 hour ago, Salwa said:

I love her. EA promised to fix all the bugs with patch updates but we only got one so far. Some of the older packs are still not fixed too. Dine out is still a huge mess. The over reliance on modders to fix the game is not doing it for me anymore. EA are the worst. 

Dine Out is so upsetting too bc i always forget what a mess it is and go to restaurants only to waste hours waiting for food which doesn’t even come half the time.

2 hours ago, Nip Tuck said:

Dine Out is so upsetting too bc i always forget what a mess it is and go to restaurants only to waste hours waiting for food which doesn’t even come half the time.

I loved the concept in the trailer but it still doesn't work. Even running your own restaurant  is a buggy mess. 

Is anyone else really disappointed with the new wants system? I really thought we were going to get something that's more similar to the Sims 2 wants and fears  

Like 90% of the replies being people shocked the game has lore :dies:

On 8/26/2022 at 6:15 AM, Snow Flower said:

Is anyone else really disappointed with the new wants system? I really thought we were going to get something that's more similar to the Sims 2 wants and fears  

Yes. My sim comes from every shift with the fear of dead end job and it’s so ***** annoying.

On 8/13/2022 at 1:33 AM, Xalric said:

I once did a world like that and it was laggy as hell.

:chick3:

I've been waiting for BoringBonesTV's Old Sunset world where all elements of TS3 expansion packs will be in one world. Hopefully, it doesn't lag too much. :emofish:

• 2 weeks later...

the desert luxe kit is just base game objects colored beige but i will take this crumb of goodwill from EA :WAP:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 8:27 PM, RihannaLoverrr said:

Like 90% of the replies being people shocked the game has lore :dies:

And people wonder why EA didn’t bother until Plumbella put it in everyone’s heads that an EA Save file is important :rip: 

Literally no one cared and suddenly people pretend to get excepted by lore now. 

But when Windenburg had a ton of lore done super well literally no one cared so they stopped bothering. 

3 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

And people wonder why EA didn’t bother until Plumbella put it in everyone’s heads that an EA Save file is important :rip: 

But when Windenburg had a ton of lore done super well literally no one cared so they stopped bothering. 

What lore exactly is in windenburg? I’ve never noticed any. 

3 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

ngl this was me :rip: i didn’t care about the lore in my game AT ALL until i started using lilsimsie’s save file where every family has a backstory. im currently working on my own save file with lore and it’s actually so fun 

54 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

What lore exactly is in windenburg? I’ve never noticed any. 

There’s tons lmao. It’s all scattered around the hidden lots. 

1 hour ago, Dolce Vita said:

ngl this was me :rip: i didn’t care about the lore in my game AT ALL until i started using lilsimsie’s save file where every family has a backstory. im currently working on my own save file with lore and it’s actually so fun 

Lore is fun but I think it’s way more fun when players make up their own rather than relying on EA. The stories in the base games were fun but they were only really there to inspire players to create their own. Now people rely on them so heavily to have any kind of fun. 

It’s good to see some people creating their own still though. 

6 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

1 hour ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Lore is fun but I think it’s way more fun when players make up their own rather than relying on EA. The stories in the base games were fun but they were only really there to inspire players to create their own. Now people rely on them so heavily to have any kind of fun. 

It’s good to see some people creating their own still though. 

I think the reason so many people in the quotes probably didn’t know is we’re at a time where so many people only really know The Sims 4. If they started on The Sims 2 you would know there was lore because the stories of all the families popped up immediately when starting the game. Or even with The Sims 3 cause the description of sunset valley was there immediately explaining it was set before Pleasantview and TS2. 

I like making my own stories too but I love going through the pre-made families and playing them rotationally too, I think the option for both should exist. Just whatever suits your play style. 

2 hours ago, RihannaLoverrr said:

I think the reason so many people in the quotes probably didn’t know is we’re at a time where so many people only really know The Sims 4. If they started on The Sims 2 you would know there was lore because the stories of all the families popped up immediately when starting the game. Or even with The Sims 3 cause the description of sunset valley was there immediately explaining it was set before Pleasantview and TS2. 

I like making my own stories too but I love going through the pre-made families and playing them rotationally too, I think the option for both should exist. Just whatever suits your play style. 

Oh 100%. It’s just interesting how players who started during 3 or 4 never cared and now they do all of a sudden. 

Sims 3 basically gave up on lore after Sunset Valley and after that the families were incredibly generic but people didn’t care that’s why when 4 came out there was no real demand. Only in the last few years or so. 

1 hour ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Oh 100%. It’s just interesting how players who started during 3 or 4 never cared and now they do all of a sudden. 

Sims 3 basically gave up on lore after Sunset Valley and after that the families were incredibly generic but people didn’t care that’s why when 4 came out there was no real demand. Only in the last few years or so. 

Yeah, TS3 was constantly pissing me off with the lore after sunset valley. The Caliente twins personalities being switched, Mary-Sue and Daniel being adults residing in sunlit tides, Bella Goth dead in lunar lakes. Even Don Lothario appearing in Riverview was annoying to me but at least it was explained with the time machine. 

6 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

There’s tons lmao. It’s all scattered around the hidden lots. 

I probably don’t use the term ‘lore’ properly, but when I say I want it I mean I want a world with a storyline that my character(s) can either become a part of or completely ignore like we had with The Sims 2. In Windenberg the families don’t know each other and aren’t involved in each others lives and whenever you open a new world in The Sims 4 it’s as though everyone has had their memories wiped (even down to how when you open a family they’re literally all standing outside of their house looking around dazed and confused). 

48 minutes ago, RihannaLoverrr said:

Yeah, TS3 was constantly pissing me off with the lore after sunset valley. The Caliente twins personalities being switched, Mary-Sue and Daniel being adults residing in sunlit tides, Bella Goth dead in lunar lakes. Even Don Lothario appearing in Riverview was annoying to me but at least it was explained with the time machine. 

On their never ending honeymoon ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.