The Sims

Unoriginal

16 minutes ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

This looks like Second Life but 1% less ugly :skull:

It's funny you say that because Rod Humble was in fact the CEO of Second Life for a while :laugh:

• Haha 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hiatus

• Rogue

• RihannaLoverrr

• Tiziano's Boy

This is being posted different places and says it a concept leak from the next The Sims game. The picture allegedly a couple of years old, so they might look like this anymore, so take it with a grain of salt, if it's even real.

Spoiler

spacer.png

:deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

This is being posted different places and says it a concept leak from the next The Sims game. The picture allegedly a couple of years old, so they might look like this anymore, so take it with a grain of salt, if it's even real.

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Spoiler

There's Sims 4 assets here.

Door is from summer 2022, hair is from December 2023.

The door:

3c2a8647-004d17f3-0004d17f.jpg

The hair:

3c1af1f2-00000102-0005d27d.jpg

49 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:
  Hide contents

There's Sims 4 assets here.

Door is from summer 2022, hair is from December 2023.

The door:

3c2a8647-004d17f3-0004d17f.jpg

The hair:

3c1af1f2-00000102-0005d27d.jpg

Which means it's real ? or ? :deadbanana:

2 hours ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

Hide contents

spacer.png

:deadbanana4: The art style just gets worse and worse each game release

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Nutitle said:

:deadbanana4: The art style just gets worse and worse each game release

Idk why they would pick this Housescape type art style, it would look so cheap, especially when you consider what a legendary franchise The Sims is :skull:

On 2/20/2024 at 6:16 PM, Hey Dude said:

I like the emotion animations (feels inspired by Sims 2) but the walk and run feel odd.

The animations don't match the speed of movement, imo. 

I can't wait for this to come out I hope they allow modding

• 3 weeks later...

This house means so much to me, even in Sims form it makes me feel :weeps:

On 3/15/2024 at 2:04 PM, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

Hide contents

spacer.png

:ahh:

It's atrocious :skull:

They need to go back to this...

...TAKE MAJOR NOTES, this is the correct, perfect art direction. Give us this! It's not ******* difficult.

I wish we could take current gen hardware, software etc. Go back to early 2000s when (TS2 was in development) and see what Maxis would give us.

It would be out of this world insane!

:jonny5:

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 10:04 AM, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

Hide contents

spacer.png

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, noonbob said:

:ahh:

It's atrocious :skull:

They need to go back to this...

...TAKE MAJOR NOTES, this is the correct, perfect art direction. Give us this! It's not ******* difficult.

I wish we could take current gen hardware, software etc. Go back to early 2000s when (TS2 was in development) and see what Maxis would give us.

It would be out of this world insane!

:jonny5:

I REALLY miss that The Sims is aimed at teens and young adults, the dark, slightly adult humor just made the franchise have so much charm and personality.

I get that most of the casual gaming industry is trying to aim themselves at children and bored 40+ women, but :chick3: 

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2024 at 2:04 PM, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

why is the sims team so obsessed with serving corny mobile game aesthetics that caters strictly to ipad kids with their art direction…they really decuntified the game to the nth degree after the sims 3 

• Thanks 2

So I'm on PS5 and I finally updated my game.

There's a red bar that shows up in build mode. Other people also reported this for Playstation and Xbox. The console versions used to have a "fire meter" that limits how many items you can put down on a lot (due to console limitations). 

This has to be a joke. 

Edit: Okay the bar doesn't seem to actually move. I mean, as an optional feature it would actually be very useful for the game to tell us "this lot can cause issues, simplify it" but to suddenly force us to have a limit worries me about the state of the game...

Edited by Hey Dude

Anyone here plays Sims 2?

Does any expansion pack had fixed problem that Sims 2 had over Sims 3 and Sims 4 which is that neighbors aren't growing older, just your active household? I always was frustruated when I was playing with a teen and was in a relationship but by the time I had birthday, I had to go wasting my time to my partner's household and play with them in order to grow old together. And even then, you still had to re-connect again when being adults :toofunny3:

I want to play Sims 2 so bad, but that problem always bugged me

18 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Does any expansion pack had fixed problem that Sims 2 had over Sims 3 and Sims 4 which is that neighbors aren't growing older, just your active household? I always was frustruated when I was playing with a teen and was in a relationship but by the time I had birthday, I had to go wasting my time to my partner's household and play with them in order to grow old together. And even then, you still had to re-connect again when being adults :toofunny3:

When your Sim ages you can choose up to 3 townies from the same age group that will also age with them. It was introduced in Free Time EP if I remember correctly

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, aaron511 said:

When your Sim ages you can choose up to 3 townies from the same age group that will also age with them. It was introduced in Free Time EP if I remember correctly

OMG really?? Let me download all expansions packs in that case, I only had Nightlife (that I lost) and Pets, but nostalgia hit me and I want to play Sims 2, but for the first time ever I might get all Expansions Packs with me, especially Freetime that has this problem fixed!

15 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

OMG really?? Let me download all expansions packs in that case, I only had Nightlife (that I lost) and Pets, but nostalgia hit me and I want to play Sims 2, but for the first time ever I might get all Expansions Packs with me, especially Freetime that has this problem fixed!

Whew, I can't imagine playing the base game without any expansions :dies:

Just snatch the Ultimate Collection tbh

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, aaron511 said:

Whew, I can't imagine playing the base game without any expansions :dies:

Just snatch the Ultimate Collection tbh

What's Ultimate Collection? Does it have all 8 games and works properly?

1 hour ago, Bloodflowers. said:

There is also a story progression mod that can help with that.

37 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

There is also a story progression mod that can help with that.

@aaron511 asked me how could I play Sims 2 base game for hours and hours for multiple years when I was a kid, but Sims 2 base game was such a lightyear improvement from Sims 1, those 3 towns have such great houses and first 2 towns in particular had such great storylines with families in base game + families that you can place inside that are related with those families. A most importantly, you could CREATE WORLDS (Sims 3 and especially Sims 4 could never!!! Highkey embarrasing). I would create new world, build houses and community lotes for HOURSSS and then create my own personal stories with my families!

okay, so before I download Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, do I need to download base game first for these expansion packs to work or do I get Sims 2 base game with the Ultimate Collection pack? I'm a damn boomer for technology, my older brother did this work for me when I used to play Sims 2 :toofunny2:

1 hour ago, Bloodflowers. said:

okay, so before I download Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, do I need to download base game first for these expansion packs to work or do I get Sims 2 base game with the Ultimate Collection pack? I'm a damn boomer for technology, my older brother did this work for me when I used to play Sims 2 :toofunny2:

Ultimate Collection includes base game + ALL expansion/stuff packs :gaycat2:

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Sims 2 never had neighbours aging with you, only the household you played age. A lot of people play it rotationally so everyone in the hood ages but there are mode for everyone else to age & NPC age progression that ages up Townies/NPCs at 6pm (they may need to be on the lot you're on but I can't remember. You can download it here: 

https://pleasantsims.com/sims-2-mods/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.