The Sims

Unoriginal

36 minutes ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

Haven't they abandoned supernatural gameplay mostly ? :redface: 

They did a lot of hints for fairies in Growing Together + in early 2024 we will get a kit for medieval castles so there is hope :clap:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hiatus

• Rogue

• RihannaLoverrr

• Tiziano's Boy

Life By You, Project Rene, Paralives and the other two games I saw posted here all focus on realism so if Sims 4 also abandons magic gamepaly... :redface:

Is it really that fun to play the game as a "baby factory simulator"?

Every let's play on Youtube these days seems to be focused on raising kids.

Now I see people are demanding a pre-teen life stage :deadbanana:

4 hours ago, xXavril said:

Just because it's the most popular or *played* doesn't mean it's good :coffee: Fans have literally no other option to get their simulation life fix. The best games in the series (1 and 2) aren't even available anymore, and if you do manage to download them, most modern computers struggle to run them. Also, the 40 million sold isn't impressive, because the sims sold over 100 million back in the time where PC gaming wasn't even as big as it is now. (It doesn't help that the sims 4 has been dragged along for almost a DECADE now). The Sims has ALWAYS been a top selling game. Hence why EA turned it into the microtransacion mess it is today.

Also, it's silly to compare a stand alone game (sims 3 pets on PS3) and the full game with all 1000 packs on most major consols.

I'm glad you feel like defending this mess of the game, but you failed to address any of the real concerns people have, and instead resorted to SaLeS

You do realise the 100 million included all DLC? :rip: 

Sims 4 did like 40 million base game alone. Sims 2 did 6 million, Sims 3 7 million, Sims 1 did 11 million. 

Sims 3 is right there for people to get their simulation fix, people simply don’t want to play it. Sims 2 is also available in Mac still. 

The point being made is the Sims 4 is beyond any success the franchise has seen before and Growing Together recently celebrated being the best selling EP. 

I’m not even defending Sims 4 at this point, I’m simply making you aware that it’s literally obliterated Sims 2 and 3 at this stage and the amount of players that Sims 4 has is beyond anything the Sims franchise has seen before. 

EA literally can’t stop making new content for the game because the game is too successful to stop. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

Haven't they abandoned supernatural gameplay mostly ? :redface: 

Not at all. We usually get a supernatural pack every two years or so. 

Aliens - 2015

Vampires - 2017 

Witches (also Mermaid but they’re meh) - 2019 

Werewolves - 2022

But 2021 was a very small year because of the pandemic so it likely was meant to have Werewolves. 

On 9/6/2023 at 8:49 PM, PopKills said:

So Sims updated yesterday and somehow every time I activate mods in the options menus and restart the game it says I have to activate mods. Does anyone know that problem? 

They do this on purpose. If you update your game with mods installed, it could break your saves and game. 

4 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Aliens - 2015

Vampires - 2017 

Werewolves - 2022

But 2021 was a very small year because of the pandemic so it likely was meant to have Werewolves. 

Also got Servo in 2019 (Discover University) :crown:

On 9/12/2023 at 6:22 PM, Rogue said:

My sims keep reacting to something dirty in the living room and I CAN’T find the source. Nothing. I tore that room up and down. I hate it so now I gotta find a new house. :toofunny3:

They said, "We ain't this b!tch-ass house. Move us, NOW!"

On 9/13/2023 at 7:04 AM, chosensparkles said:

thank god they announced they wouldn't abandon Sims 4 even when Sims 5 is released

not too excited for Project Renee so...

Yeah, they said "Project Rene and the Sims 4 will exist side by side"  :dies: Which makes me wonder if The Sims 5 is... even a thing? Or EA will continue milking Sims 4 for another generation of gaming? I HATE IT! :ahh:

• ATRL Moderator

i'm kinda presuming "side by side" means we might get another year out of the sims 4 when rene comes out with something small (ie kit, game pack) and then they'll stop releasing for it. the game engine and code is 9 years old at this point, has been running horribly for years, and would need a severe overhaul if they want to continue supporting it with full fledged expansions. i'm not sure they'll invest the money into that though

Downloaded TS4 on my ps5 recently and I can't believe older game packs are still like £35 :rip:

So you basically have to spend a fortune to make a game playable with these essential packs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livelikemusic said:

They said, "We ain't this b!tch-ass house. Move us, NOW!"

I did exactly that! :ahh: 

The new house is way better tbh. And more spacious. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, POPTART said:

Downloaded TS4 on my ps5 recently and I can't believe older game packs are still like £35 :rip:

So you basically have to spend a fortune to make a game playable with these essential packs 

Yes and I’m STILL getting game crashes whenever I travel or exit build mode. **** is crazy. 

I don’t even want to think of the money I spent over the years. I own every DLC except for like 4 kits and Horse Ranch. 

Wow that's crazy :deadbanana: it plays good for me on my ps5. I usually only keep at most 5 EPs and 3 GPs at any time (based on what I want play with) so maybe it has to do with that?

I'm honestly terrified to try it out with all the DLC installed. 

New trailer is out.

This is the 4th time the sales table is resold to us. City Living, Jungle Adventure, Eco Lifestyle all have it.

Oh yeah CAS and build buy looks fantastic :clap:

I love the hairstyle the blonde guy at the start has. Reminds me of the Cottage Living hairstyle so it's good to have an alternate version of it that comes with a DLC that will inflict less bloat on my game. 

26 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

love the new kitchen set omg 

The red and yellow swatches seem like 1 to 1 matches to one of the Dream Home Decorator kitchen sets so looks like it has good potential to mix and match the two :clap:

19 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Aliens - 2015

Vampires - 2017 

Werewolves - 2022

Oh alright :nicole:

3 hours ago, POPTART said:

Last christmas each major expansion pack was on sale for 60% off so hopefully this Christmas will have such a sale as well :smile:

Your best bet for now is one of the bundles. 

1 hour ago, Hey Dude said:

Wow that's crazy :deadbanana: it plays good for me on my ps5. I usually only keep at most 5 EPs and 3 GPs at any time (based on what I want play with) so maybe it has to do with that?

I'm honestly terrified to try it out with all the DLC installed. 

New trailer is out.

This is the 4th time the sales table is resold to us. City Living, Jungle Adventure, Eco Lifestyle all have it.

Oh this looks cute.

Mother Hen reacting:

• Haha 1

Any competitors released yet?

22 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

Last christmas each major expansion pack was on sale for 60% off so hopefully this Christmas will have such a sale as well :smile:

Your best bet for now is one of the bundles. 

Yeah, I'll have a proper look at bundles. 

On 9/15/2023 at 12:05 AM, Rogue said:

I don’t even want to think of the money I spent over the years. I own every DLC except for like 4 kits and Horse Ranch. 

yghkjg-walking.gif

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.