The Girl From Plainville | HULU | True Crime Miniseries | out now

X~MoviePoP

Inspired by the true story of Michelle Carter's unprecedented "texting-suicide" case. Explores Carter's relationship with Conrad Roy III and the events that led to his death and, later, her conviction of involuntary manslaughter.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt12851512/

Has a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes 

• 3 weeks later...

The was is really something else. I've read and watched alot of videos about this a long time ago.

------

It's kinda sad that they keep making shows about real cases and make them more dramatic. But on the other hand people learn about them. So yeah.

I'm at episode 3 right now. So far, so good. 

MadonnasBoyfriend

Im loving all the true crime mini series but this one in particular didnt need one. It feels messed up having musical numbers in this tragedy and the main character is really annoying lol

First episode was boring af, should I keep watching? 
i love Elle on the Great though

4 hours ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

Im loving all the true crime mini series but this one in particular didnt need one. It feels messed up having musical numbers in this tragedy and the main character is really annoying lol

That part of it is true though. The girl in real life was obsessed with Glee and wanted to imitate Lea Michele’s character losing her boyfriend so she could gain sympathy. 

• 2 weeks later...
MadonnasBoyfriend

this was average and forgettable but i hope the boy books more roles he was super cute. All elles wigs looked amazing and very convincing. Beautiful Wigs. Great wigs

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

9 hours ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

this was average and forgettable but i hope the boy books more roles he was super cute. All elles wigs looked amazing and very convincing. Beautiful Wigs. Great wigs

Yah he was very charming and his line delivery was great

This show was unreal.  
people really need to seek help if they’re going through anything that feels beyond their control. 

MadonnasBoyfriend
2 hours ago, stevenisFADING said:

This show was unreal.  
people really need to seek help if they’re going through anything that feels beyond their control. 

I cant for the life of me imagine why this guy didnt just tell this girl to piss off and swype to the next tinder profile :michael: Shes terrible and should be shamed for life.  her white privilege saved her privileged ass

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

I cant for the life of me imagine why this guy didnt just tell this girl to piss off and swype to the next tinder profile :michael: Shes terrible and should be shamed for life.  her white privilege saved her privileged ass

I feel like that was addressed in literally every episode :rip:

MadonnasBoyfriend
2 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

I feel like that was addressed in literally every episode :rip:

so then you should be able to clearly state the reason then. insert cardi gif :chick2:

• ATRL Moderator
22 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

so then you should be able to clearly state the reason then. insert cardi gif :chick2:

He had tremendous social anxiety and dealt with an unstable home. Their chance meeting resulted in an escape for him to exorcise his deepest most dreadful thoughts, as depicted in the show he literally had no one he felt he could talk to. Her proximity and the fact that they could communicate almost entirely through texting made her the perfect person to confide in. She took an interest in him when many didn’t or failed to see that he was struggling constantly. They had co-dependency. Your initial comment makes it sound like he should’ve known better, but perhaps we should have some sympathy for a young man who had severe anxiety, attempted suicide, and was emotionally and physically abused in his own home. People don’t always deal with trauma in the most healthy manners, particularly teenagers and young adults, and when you’re raised in a hostile environment any attention given can become a lifeline of sorts. He was able to tell her everything in his head and she still didn’t walk away. That stability, transparency and loyalty was absent from his life so of course he excused or was blind to the detrimental elements of their relationship.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.