The Legend Of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom - Available !

Erreur2 La Nature

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Eóghan

• feelslikeadream

7 hours ago, Japan said:

Can it sell 10 million copies in first week? :eek::WAP:

The record is detained by far by Scarlet & Violet which did 10M in 2 days I think.

Honestly 10M first week for a Zelda game would be completely crazy and I feel like it is too much. Unlike Pokemon it will continue selling well over the months though.

My personal bet would be around 7-8M first week. We’ll see though lol

Now we’re calling BOTW overrated when it spawned copycats, and successful ones at that. 

It IS the most innovative masterpiece in recent times. :giraffe:

6 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

The record is detained by far by Scarlet & Violet which did 10M in 2 days I think.

Honestly 10M first week for a Zelda game would be completely crazy and I feel like it is too much. Unlike Pokemon it will continue selling well over the months though.

My personal bet would be around 7-8M first week. We’ll see though lol

7-8M is still A LOT and bigger than launch sales of 95% single-player games out there 🔥🔥🔥

After success of BOTW TotK launch will be gigantic. That's for sure.

Yes, Pokémon launched with 10M, with 4M being sold in Japan alone.

Zelda won't sell 4M in Japan (but it'll be biggest Zelda launch of all time in Japan anyways), but US/EU/ROTW launch similar to Pokémon is completely possible.

Right now TotK is #1 selling game on Amazon charts worldwide :ducky:

Edited by Japan

4 hours ago, Japan said:

7-8M is still A LOT and bigger than launch sales of 95% single-player games out there 🔥🔥🔥

After success of BOTW TotK launch will be gigantic. That's for sure.

Yes, Pokémon launched with 10M, with 4M being sold in Japan alone.

Zelda won't sell 4M in Japan (but it'll be biggest Zelda launch of all time in Japan anyways), but US/EU/ROTW launch similar to Pokémon is completely possible.

Right now TotK is #1 selling game on Amazon charts worldwide :ducky:

So far, the estimations for TOTK’s preorders in Japan are around 370k copies.

Zelda is doing amazing in Europe, America but Japan is its weakest territory.

The $70 DLC people better stay silent.

On 4/13/2023 at 3:43 PM, Brunette Ambition said:

The trailer was better than those before but no way you’re calling this a masterpiece :rip: 

game looks good and will be played on release. Too bad Nintendo fans overrate any “thing, Japanese” to high heavens. 

This is such a bad take…and the random, tangentially racist comment? BOTW is widely considered one of the best games ever made and one of the most influential in the last decade. That’s not an unpopular opinion. But your musty take is.

OT: I’ll be excited to see open-world games scramble to rip off TOTK for the next decade or so. :clap3:

On 4/14/2023 at 9:45 AM, Puttanesca said:

People still denying BOTW's excellence and TOTK's imminent excellence.

5j5svkN.gif

At this point you just have to feel sorry for them. I've been playing games since I was a kid on my dad's consoles / handhelds and BOTW is one of the very few (I can count them on one hand) moments in gaming that felt revolutionary.

I think TOTK is gonna be brilliant but I would be surprised to feel that way again. And that's okay! I'm more than happy with brilliant, lol. 

14 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

So far, the estimations for TOTK’s preorders in Japan are around 370k copies.

Zelda is doing amazing in Europe, America but Japan is its weakest territory.

Japan (country) is weakest territory compared to whole Europe and North America continents, but Breath of the Wild lifted the series to a completely new level in Japan. It sold around 3,5M in Japan to date -- around many Dragon Quest games, Monster Hunter games and more than majority of Final Fantasy games. It's one of the biggest games of this generation and one of the 50 biggest selling games of all time in Japan. So it may be weak compared to whole Europe and America, but in Japan BOTW is a big hit.

Before Breath of the Wild all Zelda games since Ocarina of Time, which released in 1998, failed to sell 1M in Japan (majority of them failed to sell even 500K in Japan). And Breath of the Wild is on its way to 4M. It's like day and night. All-time peak.

So after this success and years of positive word of mouth Tears of the Kingdom launch will be biggest ever for the series in Japan. That's a lock. With digital we can expect 1-1,5M in first weekend at least. Maybe even 2M :jonny5:

IJV5Wzu.jpg

we cant wait for the GOTY 2023

please come sooner

Honestly, hype is massive and BOTW has sold (and is still doing it) so well that less than 10m first week would be a bit disappointing

Something tells me the sales for this will be shocking and unexpected 

The way I’ve watched the trailer about 100 times already and still get goosebumps every single time. They really did THAT with this trailer :clap3:

Daddy Ganondorf and Queen Riju are serving :wanda:

zeldatoktartworks.jpg

20 hours ago, Baltie said:

The way I’ve watched the trailer about 100 times already and still get goosebumps every single time. They really did THAT with this trailer :clap3:

Same, it is ridiculous how many times I have watched it. I am OBSESSED. I can't believe I am saying that but it topped the 2017 one :wanda:

This will be the best game ever :jonny3: Me and boyfriend will be LOCKED up inside playing for weeks. 

1 hour ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Daddy Ganondorf and Queen Riju are serving :wanda:

zeldatoktartworks.jpg

Same, it is ridiculous how many times I have watched it. I am OBSESSED. I can't believe I am saying that but it topped the 2017 one :wanda:

wait daddy is the fire nation champion? :lakitu:

14 hours ago, CBC said:

wait daddy is the fire nation champion? :lakitu:

Spoiler

He is seen with two different tears in his artworks. One red, one grey. He might have stollen the Goron one. 

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature

ok but when will the non Nintendo biches will be able to play?

or are they keeping it an exclusive..

cardi b GIF

6 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

cardi b GIF

It's a top tier Nintendo IP game.

It'll never be available on any non-Nintendo platform not legally anyways. :gaycat6:

On 4/18/2023 at 3:35 PM, Johnny Jacobs said:

cardi b GIF

?

Nintendo games will never ever be playable outside of Nintendo consoles. This is why they are so popular and huge !

Previews for the game are out. There are articles and videos everywhere.

I personnaly do not want to watch the videos as I'd rather discover the elements by myself but I read one review and it sounded VERY exciting.

One minor-spoil:

Spoiler

Are y'all ready for more Korogus ? :bird: :bibliahh:

If you follow Zeltik on YouTube, he just posted a video of his experience with the game at Nintendo of Europe. I didn’t want to watch it to avoid spoilers, but just an FYI. His Zelda channel is great, too, so it’s worth checking him out regardless.

After the previews we can all agree that no one will ever top this game right

Nintendo really chose violence

w2EdsdW.jpg 

4 hours ago, DirtyPony87 said:

If you follow Zeltik on YouTube, he just posted a video of his experience with the game at Nintendo of Europe. I didn’t want to watch it to avoid spoilers, but just an FYI. His Zelda channel is great, too, so it’s worth checking him out regardless.

There weren't any Story spoilers if that's what ur trying to avoid, but yuh Zeltik is daddy

5 hours ago, Magickarp said:

There weren't any Story spoilers if that's what ur trying to avoid, but yuh Zeltik is daddy

I’m actually trying to avoid details on additional gameplay mechanics. I want to go into this game like I went into BOTW, not knowing a ton. 15 days away, I think I’m good on any additional story beats or gameplay previews. I just wanted to tell others who want to know more. But thanks for letting me know! I really appreciate it! :hug:

And yes. Stan Zeltik.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.