The Legend Of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom - Available !

Erreur2 La Nature

I feel like the difficulty was really ramped up for this game compared to BOTW. There is much less hand holding and it reminds me of the N64 games where you really had to puzzle solve. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Eóghan

• feelslikeadream

All reviews are subjective and gamers could stand to lose their hang ups about scores (which other medium even has its works regularely cross the 90's treshhold on metacritic?). On the other hand, that 60 review has 'these tears are salty' as subheader so you just know they're doing it for engagement and clicks.

All in all, from what i've read this seems like GOTY once again. I have no idea how the Zelda team even continues from this.

58 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

It's probably a Redfall fan. :bibliahh:

:dies:

• ATRL Moderator

Wow, seems like this really could be the new Majora's Mask, i.e. a sequel to a groundbreaking Zelda game that is somehow even better than its predecessor :jonnycat:

Edited by feelslikeadream

6 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Wow, seems like this really good be the new Majora's Mask, i.e. a sequel to a groundbreaking Zelda game that is somehow even better than its predecessor :jonnycat:

why have u gone from not hyped, to hyped, to not hype, to hyped again in the last 3 days:bibliahh:

• ATRL Moderator
9 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

why have u gone from not hyped, to hyped, to not hype, to hyped again in the last 3 days:bibliahh:

Because I'm a complex person :fan:

No, but I've actually only been not hyped until like 2 weeks ago, and have been hyped since then. I was just joking in my comment earlier about canceling my preorder, but I am disappointed that the dungeons don't seem to be as strong as classic Zelda dungeons :'(

GAME OF THE YEAR :jonny2:

10 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Because I'm a complex person :fan:

No, but I've actually only been not hyped until like 2 weeks ago, and have been hyped since then. I was just joking in my comment earlier about canceling my preorder, but I am disappointed that the dungeons don't seem to be as strong as classic Zelda dungeons :'(

I think the fact that they need to be able to be tackled in any order sort of forecloses the level of complexity of classic Zelda, since there's no option of ability-stacking and building on previously introduced mechanics. I wouldn't mind a semi-open structure in the next games: the freedom to choose between a few dungeons, but needing to complete them before several others open up.

It's ******* OVER, I preordered two weeks ago just to find out it may not becoming release day :WAP: Guess I'll be avoiding **** for quite a bit longer.

On 5/2/2023 at 2:29 PM, Magickarp said:

In the "Great Plateau" area it drops in high foliage, when u move the camera, like Korok Forest. The one thing that was jarring was in 2 different areas when i was using Ultrahand to pick up a fan, & turned the camera 180 degrees to stick it to another item, it dropped to like 10fps during the turn :rip: Not all the areas are like this tho. 

On 5/3/2023 at 8:25 PM, Magickarp said:

FPS drops in Kakariko

On 5/6/2023 at 6:00 PM, Magickarp said:

I went back to the Sky Plateau & Kakariko and from the little ive seen the game runs much better after that patch :clap3: Gamefreak and her 6 month late patch that fixed nothing & Home update could never.

John saying exactly what i said, & giving the same exact examples :dies:  He lauded the incredible patch that fixed so much :clap3: When will GameShit?

I only have the handheld version (lite) of the switch, but all this hype almost makes me want to get the oled just for this game.

I will fight myself against the purchase, because I know the Switch will update with new hardware in the next year or two.

Will probably buy the digital version for my handheld. 

GameSpot’s new gameplay video has some minor spoilers but it shows advanced combat and ability use :jonny5:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, MAKSIM said:

I feel like the difficulty was really ramped up for this game compared to BOTW. There is much less hand holding and it reminds me of the N64 games where you really had to puzzle solve. 

oh wow :jonny5:

My copy has been dispatched.... OMG.

:jonny5:

On 5/9/2023 at 11:33 AM, Puttanesca said:

Not this sad millennial promo :dies:

its their main  audience tbh 

10K purchased from Amazon UK within the past week alone....

ggg

:clap3:

Edited by GlamSlam

1 hour ago, GlamSlam said:

10K purchased from Amazon UK within the past week alone....

ggg

:clap3:

Here on Amazon France, the pre-orders alone are enough to make it the best selling game of the year so far :bird:

Will this be out to download at midnight local time? Sorry if AP

17 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Here on Amazon France, the pre-orders alone are enough to make it the best selling game of the year so far :bird:

:clap3: and so it should be.

Don't forget, guys...Nintendo's treehouse is in a few hours too.

4 hours ago, GlamSlam said:

:bam: It was a very short game too.

oh totally agree! iirc i finished in 1 weekend :toofunny3:

• ATRL Moderator

I can't wait to see what kind of cool things people create with the crafting system :hippo:

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I can't wait to see what kind of cool things people create with the crafting system :hippo:

spacer.png

jhskjsdfgskjdhfgksdjhfg :bibliahh:

who knows when my copy will arrive

IT'S SO GOOD TO BE BRAZILIAN 

jogando-papel-pra-cima-mary-j-blige.gif 

So utterly excited! 3 more hours until UK drop :heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.