Bridgerton | Season 3 | Netflix

Gui Blackout

The actress who plays Francesca is absolutely gorgeous. 

• Like 5

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starkboy

• AbeHicks

• fridayteenage

• CBC

Wth are they doing with Benedict? :deadbanana2:

the LGBT member of the family is right there with the little theatre kid they have as a brother, and yet we waste time with this dude who brings nothing to the table. :clack:

• Haha 2

Season 3 > Season 2 > Season 1

So Borenedict next. Meh

• Haha 1

I'm confused by 

Spoiler

Why Francesca seemed intimidated by John's cousin. Who is she in the book? Doesn't John die tragically or something? 

Spoiler

I was lowkey annoyed by Daphne's absence for both weddings. Like it just feels so odd she wasn't there. At least Anthony was there although he did miss Francessa's wedding :rip:

Spoiler

I felt so sad for Cressida! She got the short end of the stick. I wish Penelope could've helped her somehow despite the blackmailing. I lowkey wish she was able to escape. 

Spoiler

So presumably next season is Benedict? Then Hyacinth then the youngest brother? I wonder if Eloise will ever get a chance to find love or if she's content with being on the path she's on now. 

2 hours ago, Triton said:

The actress who plays Francesca is absolutely gorgeous. 

She resembles Daphne a lot 

Spoiler

This finale also felt like a series finale to the show, didn't it? Like everything felt resolved. Secrets are out and babies are born. All is well. I was kinda gagged it fast forwarded to I guess a year later? I guess Anthony and Kate are still in India. Hope their baby is ok! 

27 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

She resembles Daphne a lot 

Yes definitely similarities but I still find her features more refined. The costume department did a great job with choosing the hair color, make up and dresses for her this season. 

7 hours ago, publikcitizen said:
  Hide contents

This finale also felt like a series finale to the show, didn't it? Like everything felt resolved. Secrets are out and babies are born. All is well. I was kinda gagged it fast forwarded to I guess a year later? I guess Anthony and Kate are still in India. Hope their baby is ok! 

Spoiler

It will had to fast forward to tell the rest of the story

Benedict and Sophie story is big one not just 1 season thing. 

Also Francesca story will start being more serious now. So makes sense ig

They wrapped up Colin & Penelope's story beautifully :clap3:

I'm actually looking forward to the next season now that they've finally made Benedict's usually bland character interesting. And curious to see what happens with Eloise too.

Spoiler

I champion Benedict sleeping with more men and Eloise finally embracing her queer identity too.

So happy they finally wrapped up Anthony & Kate's story,  they were literally given nothing to do in this part either. 

This season - especially the last 4 episodes - has been so good.

Here for Eloise and Benedict.

• Like 2

I was so annoyed by how serious the Whistledown drama was. What I like most about the show is the love match, drama, and gossipy in-betweens. I liked the first half the season more since it was that. Once it became about tracking down the whistledown, queens interference, and everything with Carissa, it was just too much, in my opinion. Penelope was stunning in her evening dress for the big party in the finale. Simply breathtaking.

Spoiler

So is Francesca queer? She hesitated a couple of times in the finale and was gobsmacked meeting John's cousin. I'm curious what they'll do with Benedict and Eloise for the next season. I feel it'll be both of them for the next season.

Overall, it was a good season. Though not as strong as the first two. I love Nicola Coughlan and hope she stays on the cast. Colin we can do without. Perhaps it was overstuffed with too many plots and 8 episodes to tie it up.

Edited by BourbonBrew

The homophobia of this show's fanbase, lmfao. 

7 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

The homophobia of this show's fanbase, lmfao. 

Is that what people are saying? I thought the books were a little gay. This is the first time after finishing a season that I'm super curious what will happen next and tempted to read some book synopses :jonnycat:

2 hours ago, BourbonBrew said:

I was so annoyed by how serious the Whistledown drama was. What I like most about the show is the love match, drama, and gossipy in-betweens. I liked the first half the season more since it was that. Once it became about tracking down the whistledown, queens interference, and everything with Carissa, it was just too much, in my opinion. Penelope was stunning in her evening dress for the big party in the finale. Simply breathtaking.

Hide contents

So is Francesca queer? She hesitated a couple of times in the finale and was gobsmacked meeting John's cousin. I'm curious what they'll do with Benedict and Eloise for the next season. I feel it'll be both of them for the next season.

Overall, it was a good season. Though not as strong as the first two. I love Nicola Coughlan and hope she stays on the cast. Colin we can do without. Perhaps it was overstuffed with too many plots and 8 episodes to tie it up.

Nicola confirmed she is in season 4 so you get your wish!  :gaycat1:

• Like 1

Francesca finally felt what her mother was telling her about... hope her husband allows her to have fun with his cousin. So no more dear gentle readers for next season ...i will miss that. Francesca is gorgeous though. I'm happy for Penelope that ending getting everything she ever wanted...oh tears in my eyes and that colin loves her completely and values her loved every bit of it.

• Like 1

The season was decent except for the Whistledown hunt and Benedict plot.

What can we expect for next season? Should I read the books?

I enjoyed the second part more than the first.

• Like 1

with how slowly they're going through the seasons, the two kid actors will be age appropriate when it's finally their turn

I would rank the books:

Hyacinth
Gregory
Anthony
Colin

Eloise (she carries the 'plot' on her back)
Benedict
Daphne
Francesca

So I expect a dip in quality for a bit.

On 6/14/2024 at 4:06 AM, publikcitizen said:

I'm confused by 

Hide contents

Why Francesca seemed intimidated by John's cousin. Who is she in the book? Doesn't John die tragically or something? 

Hide contents

I was lowkey annoyed by Daphne's absence for both weddings. Like it just feels so odd she wasn't there. At least Anthony was there although he did miss Francessa's wedding :rip:

Hide contents

I felt so sad for Cressida! She got the short end of the stick. I wish Penelope could've helped her somehow despite the blackmailing. I lowkey wish she was able to escape. 

Hide contents

So presumably next season is Benedict? Then Hyacinth then the youngest brother? I wonder if Eloise will ever get a chance to find love or if she's content with being on the path she's on now. 

spoiler from the book

Michael is Francesca's 2nd husband. They change the gender in the series, implying Francesca is queer.

Eloise will get married as well, in the book

Still one episode to finish it but yeah 2nd part is better than the 1st one. more fun and interesting

Colin is still boring/annoying, I hope he gets the least screentime as possibile in the next season but the writers seem to love Polin so I don't see them going anywhere.

Benedict is okay, kinda overrated by the fans if you ask me. His plot was the worst part of the season with the Mondrich's, totally useless.

Still love Eloise's character. her season has massive potential to be great. Francesca served beauty and talent nonstop.

the Featheringtons sucked hard in season 2 but they kinda ate here. both Portia and the sisters.

Kanthony is definitely coming back but they'll probably be in 1 episode :toofunny2: the authors can **** off. thankfully Jonathan is booked and busy.

45 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Kanthony is definitely coming back but they'll probably be in 1 episode :toofunny2: the authors can **** off. thankfully Jonathan is booked and busy.

Ask for a better storyline then!

Glad we got the Bendict bi payoff that was teased in earlier seasons. Cute season - felt like a series finale at the end dd

i really enjoyed the season but what was that end? All that build up tension for that boring uneventful reveal... also I love Eloise but my god why can't they give her just a little something to work with :deadbanana2:, Benedict's poli/bi story is super forced and so is the tokenism with the the deaf people and the asian girl that appears once in a blue moon, they can do better! Finally, Cressida Cowper, they showed us she's vulnerable, has feelings like everyone else and like all other women she too suffers from a misogynistic society. They made us root for her all season and in the end just sent her off like she's nothing lol. They could've perfectly made a deal between Eloise/Pen/Cressida to continue Lady Whistledown with Cresside being the face :ace:

I haven't read the books so I don't know what's in the characters future, but watching the Benedict & Eloise relationship, I wonder why the showrunners don't make Benedict introduce her to the world outside of traditional society.

Eloise clearly has little interest in the "find a husband & retire as wife" dynamic of the ton, and with how Benedict is presented as this more worldly and liberal brother, I feel like it would make sense for her character if he (probably secretly) chaperoned Eloise to museums, galleries, artist hangouts and stuff like that and then spin a story about how she meets her love match there.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.