Survivor 46 - Wednesdays 8/7C on CBS

Chaos Angel

On 12/13/2023 at 11:10 PM, shelven said:

It's clear to people paying close attention that Dee is a great player who's essentially been running the strategic gameplay of the season from start to finish, but if she wins, it will be soured by the fact that the editors of this show will have once again proven how completely incapable they are of editing female winners :deadbanana: Dee spent the vast majority of the pre-merge being portrayed as a third wheel to the bigger Austin/Drew duo, then she basically disappears from the show for most of the merge, and now that she's popped up again, the show is focusing almost exclusively on a showmance that was completely absent from the first 10 episodes of the season and reduces a strong female player's storyline to her relationship with a man :biblio: A male winner would never get an edit like that, which is super frustrating.

Hmmm idk if I really agree with this. I’ve accepted the fact that Dee is running the game and should win. But I feel like we’ve been seeing that. Her confessionals are mostly about her wanting someone out, and then that person going. In the latest “previously on” they showed how each of her targets went home in the merge. 

also- I’m sorry but I have to sternly disagree with what you guys are saying about this season. It hasn’t been as good as you guys are hyping it up to be? Aside from Kaleb going early, there has been ZERO surprise in the trajectory of the game and outcome of the votes. And that really kills a season for me. Also, I found it hard to root for anyone especially after the merge. The edit up until the merge had left the cast so unlikable- once Kellie left, I felt like I had no one to root for and that sucked. It took til the last few episodes for people’s character to start showing. They should have shown us Katurah’s backstory much sooner because she has always been one of the more likable players and knowing about her past would have enabled me to root for her a lot more.

Emily’s game moves were so lame and she was Drew’s puppy dog so trying to convince me that she was the one to root for is not gonna happen. 

all that being said, I would ironically love to see any of the 3 females will this season. This season would really go down as bottom 5 seasons if either of the 2 extremely lame and boring males won. I like both of them as players, but not as players. A Katurah/Dee/Julie final 3 would be excellent and it seems it may happen ever since the women were shown saying “there WILL be an all female final 3 this season!” when they had their 3 second alliance 

Edited by Gwegend

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Komet

• Chamoy

• Harmonizer

I think Dee’s edit has been fairly good all things considered. If everything goes well and she wins she will have one of the better edits as far as female winners go.

Right now I would say her edit is on par with Parvati’s (Micronesia). The only female winners who have gotten a better edit are Kim and Sarah. And that’s because Kim was one of the few people production did not hate that season (and also had one of the most dominant runs of any survivor winner ever) and Sarah was a nobody who beat a bunch of legends and fan favourites so they had to justify her win.

Does Katurah hate fun? I swear she ruins EVERYTHING :ace:

• Confused 1

Congratulations to the winner :clap3: most deserving out of the three, but they better heed Emily's advice :foxaylove2:

Ngl i have not kept up on survivor new era, like weekly. I knew what happens bc im longtime rhap fan i get the gist. But i got back into following closely, seeing every episode for first time since s40. Big part of that being i actually went to school with Jake hhh. I don't recall having classes tgt but i def rmr him from seeing theater or show choir performances but its so surreal seeing someone ik on this show ive loved for so long. And he is such an funny character. And this season was just amazing like fr i want half the cast at least as second chances worthy or sumn. My favorite season in long time

Edited by kikichara

asian top 2s:

13 King Yul (WIN) 

28 Woo 

45 Austin

29 (WIN)/40 Natalie

41 Erika (WIN)

getting better. only one of the first 54 contestants to make the top 2 was asian. 

Season 46 preview looks so good. It was women and gays all over! I need Venus to win :jonny:

Amazing finale! Dee ate that! Jake's story arc was really compelling too! I only wish they gave Katurah a better edit since the Bruce rivalry was ultimately irrelevant in the end.

My Second Chance cast with all New Era players (so far)

41:

Ricard

Shan

Tiffany

Sydney

JD

42:

Omar

Drea

Tori

43:

Cassidy

Jesse

Cody

44:

Carolyn

Carson

Frannie

45:

Austin

Jake

Drew

Emily

Kellie

Kaleb

Dee did a good job of describing her game and deserved to win. Just wish we could have seen more of her in the early episodes.

It’s been really amazing to see what an impact the diverse casting has had on both Survivor and Big Brother ever since they mandated 50% POC. I’d say it’s been the greatest decision CBS has ever made.

• Like 1

deserved :clap3: man she was so compelling with the jury questions.

katurah looked STUNNING in the jury/aftershow :jonnycat:

also gotta say, drew got a bit of hate but he kinda seems like a cutie :chick1:

next season looks good so far. loved the atrl representation

Katurah thank you for tanking sister, I love you.

Based on the edit during the finale it was a bit obvious Dee was winning but at FTC my heart did skip a beat cause Austin put up a very good fight. 

Anywho, it’s a good day to be a Dee stan

dn3EyYK.gif

Reddit crying because they deluded themselves into thinking Jake was somehow going to win. The most unserious people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’ll never understand people who like Jake :skull:

Congrats to Dee she deserved that win she played an amazing game :clap3:

I may not like the new era of Survivor but I am glad that it has brought us more female winners even if they aren’t getting the edits they deserved

• Like 3

Dee > Maryanne > Erika > Yam Yam

• Like 2

13 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

asian top 2s:

13 King Yul (WIN) 

28 Woo 

45 Austin

29 (WIN)/40 Natalie

41 Erika (WIN)

getting better. only one of the first 54 contestants to make the top 2 was asian. 

What? I read this repeatedly and did not understand what you said.

All Jake had was a sob story. I don’t understand why people would want him to win.

Also, I am screaming at Katurah basically shifted the course of the finale by writing Julie’s name down. If that didn’t happen, we would have a different winner then. 

This season has been great honestly. The casting is 10/10 (except those that quit the game). 

38 minutes ago, ALittleGauche said:

What? I read this repeatedly and did not understand what you said.

I don't understand that 

Asians who made the top 2 ...

Wow, what a great finale and what a great season!  The first legitimately "good" new era season, and the first good season in general since David vs Goliath.  

Dee is such an awesome winner.  It was so nice to see a woman play a dominant game and actually be rewarded for it.  And while I love love love Austin and am so happy he got second, the votes should not have been so close.  If their roles were reversed, Austin would have absolutely swept.  But oh well!

Also thrilled to see certain sections of the Internet crying because they'd somehow deluded themselves into thinking Jake - the most obvious goat in years - actually had a chance to win.  LOL!

S46 looks like more of the same... zzzzzz.  Hopefully they keep the 90 minute episodes and cut back even more on the advantages.  And hopefully the entire cast isn't upper middle class university graduates :zzz: 

Edited by Miles.

Dee > Erika > Maryanne > Yam Yam >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

45 >>>>>>>>>>> 41 >>> 44 > 42 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Katurah getting so much unwarranted hate when she’s a huge factor in Dee winning :biblio:

I feel like Austin almost won that if it wasn't for Emily coming in for the save and setting up Dee there. 

Think I was rooting for Katurah here, but Dee deserved it in the end :heart:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, genetic fail said:

Amazing finale! Dee ate that! Jake's story arc was really compelling too! I only wish they gave Katurah a better edit since the Bruce rivalry was ultimately irrelevant in the end.

My Second Chance cast with all New Era players (so far)

42:

Omar

Drea

Doubt these two will join Survivor again if it involves one another, not after the fallout that have happened in Ponderosa. And after CBS gagged RHAP when Omar spilled.

---------

The Sole Survivor 7-1-0 streak is over.

Congrats Dee.

16 minutes ago, Konril said:

Doubt these two will join Survivor again if it involves one another, not after the fallout that have happened in Ponderosa. And after CBS gagged RHAP when Omar spilled.

Just read the whole shebang! Replacing Drea with Lindsay then

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.