Survivor 47 - Wednesdays 8/7C on CBS

Chaos Angel

he spoke for so long... :rip:
what a waste tho.

wish theyd merged into two not 3 new tribes. it wouldve made it way more interesting imo

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Komet

• Chamoy

• Harmonizer

Yeah, I'm tired of three tribes. Two makes for much more interesting dynamics.

• ATRL Moderator

This really needs to be the defining season regarding why the new era of Survivor is so awful. As a viewer, I do not want to see multiple people quitting at tribal council, I don't want to see someone crying just because they are near the place they got a concussion, I don't want to see contestants so out of shape they can't even pull themselves up a ladder.

The casting has been off for a while. I have never wanted to see sob stories on this show. I don't want to see the world's youngest doctor, or someone who lost their entire family in a car accident be the qualifier for them playing this game. I can't relate to any of that.

I want to see people with careers I can relate to, who are physically capable of handling what Survivor entails, who are interested in playing the game the way it was originally intended. And as someone who's also applied to be on the show, it's embarrassing seeing that I was passed over for people like Brandon who so obviously shouldn't have passed casting, or Sean who'd rather be at home with his husband and didn't even make 10 days in the game. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, khalyan said:

This really needs to be the defining season regarding why the new era of Survivor is so awful. As a viewer, I do not want to see multiple people quitting at tribal council, I don't want to see someone crying just because they are near the place they got a concussion, I don't want to see contestants so out of shape they can't even pull themselves up a ladder.

90 minute episodes saved the season and are doing the heavy lifting, can you imagine the reception if they were regular 60 minute episodes, the fans would be melting down every day :deadbanana4:

I saw someone on reddit comment that the show has no diversity in terms of class anymore, and they hit the nail on the head. There are too many college educated twentysomethings being casted on the show that it's becoming same-y (and I say this as a college educated twentysomething myself :rip:)

• ATRL Moderator
14 hours ago, Mordecai said:

90 minute episodes saved the season and are doing the heavy lifting, can you imagine the reception if they were regular 60 minute episodes, the fans would be melting down every day :deadbanana4:

I saw someone on reddit comment that the show has no diversity in terms of class anymore, and they hit the nail on the head. There are too many college educated twentysomethings being casted on the show that it's becoming same-y (and I say this as a college educated twentysomething myself :rip:)

Yeah this really is the problem

Some of the most iconic players don't fit that mold - Sandra, Rob, Cirie, Rupert, and Russell for example. And it doesn't help that at this point people are basically paying their way to get on the show by hiring casting coaches that have figured out the Survivor mold all too well. 

First bad episode of the season. This season was doing a good job of setting itself apart in this "new era" where everything has become so repetitive, but this episode felt like it was pulled straight out of the 41-44 seasons. :shakeno: Emily and Kendra are the only two Belo members I care about, so I was fine with any of the other nerds going home this week. I pretty much like everyone else on the other two tribes. Sifu is giving mole/paid actor, tho.

Is it worth it to get Paramount+ to watch Survivor? Do they have all the seasons? US at least. I want to go back and watch the first seasons cause i’ve been seeing ppl say they are more unhinged lol. Just got interested and watched the two they have on Netflix (I think it was 18 and 32).

mess i think emily shoulda gone for the opposite vote. those two would've been more loyal imo but anyway... i liked brando :chick2:

• Like 2

Hated this episode, not us losing the only cute guy this season while Drew remains to assault our eyes

:clack:

• Haha 1

More men than women leaving pre-merge :clap3:

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2023 at 12:30 AM, Mordecai said:

Not even just college educated but elite college educated. Why are we casting so many Ivy Leaguers and Ivy-adjacent castmembers? 

7 hours ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Hated this episode, not us losing the only cute guy this season while Drew remains to assault our eyes

Kaleb and Austin left?

13 hours ago, Chamoy said:

First bad episode of the season.

What :skull:
the only good episode has been when Sabayah got eliminated 

-

another boring episode, like someone else said the 90 min run time has really been saving this season. I wish it had always been this way and hope they stick to it in the coming seasons. 

11 hours ago, Park Jinyoung said:

Is it worth it to get Paramount+ to watch Survivor? Do they have all the seasons? US at least. I want to go back and watch the first seasons cause i’ve been seeing ppl say they are more unhinged lol. Just got interested and watched the two they have on Netflix (I think it was 18 and 32).

Every season is available.

• Thanks 1

I hope Jeff and producers *in Tyra voice* learn from this!!! The 90 min backfired here against them and exposed them that they need to reinstate a separate reward challenge. I couldn't believe that the only challenge appeared in the last 30 min of the ep; the pacing was so terrible.

Also like the contestants' edits this season just aren't compelling to me; I haven't elected to really root hard for anyone. I think Emily is overrated af and was only interesting when she was being messy. Now she's just a castrated version of herself. I also don't understand the hype w Kellie. She gives pick me vibes. 

I'm just happy to move on to the monotribe so there's new dynamic and excitement. It'll be interesting to see which direction Kaleb and Emily will move bc they're allegiant to rival tribes. It's also only a matter of time before Katurah flips to Reba to vote Bruce out; that's like the only entertaining storyline at this point.

The vote for Emily doesn't seem to have made much sense. If I were her- I would consider the fact that my main ally, Caleb, is on a tribe with all former blue tribe- so siding with Brandon and Kendra would have been smarter bc that's now an alliance of 8 going into the merge. Instead she sided with a group of 7 VERY SHAKEY members of the Reba tribe. Although that other girl on blue really can't stand Bruce so l guess that's not a super solid alliance either. But I would have sided with blue, and pushed for an Austin vote, knowing about his advantage, and then being able to maneuver her

information with J and Kelly to form a smaller side alliance of 3- telling them Austin told her he was going to target them in the merge. This all seemed super obvious to me so I don't know how she didn't think about all of this.

Her gameplay seems very near-sighted.

who left this episode? I'm still on the previous one but for some reason can't get through it :noparty: If Austin left then I'm not watching this season anymore

Not Brando leaving. I like him.

But still laughing at Katurah being an Obsessed Bruce Hater. :bibliahh:

Kaleb is such a social player and if the merge tribe senses this, they'll definitely gut him soon.

I'm kinda still lowkey salty that the 90 minute episodes are for this season than Season 44, imagine the messy premerge of Josh vs Yam Yam on Tika. :gaycat1:

6 hours ago, 305 said:

What :skull:
the only good episode has been when Sabayah got eliminated 

Well, no. The first four episodes were the best start to a new era season so far. This episode reminded me of the things I don't like about modern Survivor, but the longer episodes help make the journeys and discussions about advantages a bit more tolerable. The 41-44 pre-merges have all kinda aged like milk for me, except for maybe 41. This pre-merge has blessed us with: Emily's journey from being on the outs to being the deciding swing vote, the angry essays from fans and past players over people quitting, which I still haven't bothered reading, and the Julie/Dee duo already having more screen time than Erika and Heather did during their entire season. If you can't see the beauty in that, then I don't know what to tell you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator

How is Emily so bad at this game? Just so social skill whatsoever. It's frankly astonishing.

I do agree with the comments about the casting. I do want to see different types of people. Part of me suspects that most "blue collar" workers can't suddenly quit their job or go on a months long annual leave.

• Like 1

J Maya unlucky and Kaleb so luckyyyyy, my whole family SCREAMING

11 minutes ago, stochastic said:

spacer.png

Kaleb & Emily combo make this season more interesting

I genuinely don’t care for Kaleb or Emily and wanted one of them to go home honestly. This whole seasons been revolving around them and the editing is making me not like them bc I wanna see more of other people’s games 

Kaleb beating Kelley’s record of 9 votes negated in one tribal council :clap:

Poor J. Maya, now I know why she got such a small edit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.