Survivor 46 - Wednesdays 8/7C on CBS

Chaos Angel

• ATRL Moderator

We don't any substantive conflict in this show anymore, so the only compelling characters are those who have some noteworthy conflict among themselves and their game play like Carolyn or Maryanne.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Komet

• Chamoy

• Harmonizer

3 hours ago, kipperskipper said:

He probably forced himself to listen to sia while 3d printing puzzles for this exact reason as part of his survivor preparation 

3 hours ago, Isaiah said:

MTE. I like Carson, but knowing how much he prepared down to a TEE, i really struggle to imagine he didn't just put Sia on loop for the sole purpose of getting this screenshot. 

Like... 0.01% of Sia fans? Be serious :deadbanana2:

Though ill say if it is true, he's never beating those hunty-allegations :redface:

Sisters, it’s a fake screenshot with clearly edited and overlaid pictures. That was the joke of Carson’s tweet, lol.

Also, one of the best seasons of all time. Tika 3 will forever be iconic. Yam-Yam’s performance was an all-time great. He seamlessly integrated humour in his every answer while still giving pointed and specific answers. Bravo!

I wanted Carolyn to win like others but she wasn’t able to present and articulate herself well. I am usually annoyed when jurors consider emotions to be mutually exclusive with logic and strategy, but at the same time, she also was not able to read her audience well and only talked about her emotions. She had an uphill battle with Brandon, Danny, and Kane who were never ever going to vote for her.

4 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

Also, one of the best seasons of all time. Tika 3 will forever be iconic. Yam-Yam’s performance was an all-time great. He seamlessly integrated humour in his every answer while still giving pointed and specific answers. Bravo!

I wanted Carolyn to win like others but she wasn’t able to present and articulate herself well. I am usually annoyed when jurors consider emotions to be mutually exclusive with logic and strategy, but at the same time, she also was not able to read her audience well and only talked about her emotions. She had an uphill battle with Brandon, Danny, and Kane who were never ever going to vote for her.

Best seasons is a stretch. It’s not even top ten imo. 

i dont get it why he has won.

do we think carson would have won if tika 3 would be final 3?

this season was bad except for carolyn. where are the crazies like debbie and the mess like danielle and amanda fighting?

• ATRL Moderator

Casting is so critical to the overall vibe and success of a season. Even if the gameplay was not the most exciting at times, Tika 3 absolutely carried this with their fun personalities and relationship. The other supporting cast members who made it far were also pleasant enough! So overall I enjoyed tuning in week to week. Very happy for Yam Yam, but I do wish Carolyn got a few votes. I was expecting it to be a closer final vote honestly.

6 hours ago, genetic fail said:

Lmao I knew those would end up here :ahh: 

ot: s45 seems like s41 v5,  yawn.  They need to stop with these casts full of Ivy league graduate and randos they picked up from the nearest corporate retreat. Ironic that they introduced the diversity quotas, yet the casts feel more uninspired and beige then ever.  Every season having basically the same format doesn't help 

The best thing about Carolyn losing is that she will for sure be back for the next all stars. :hippo:

They really need to stop recycling challenges, the fact that Carson and Matt 3D printed all the same puzzles... :ace:

I literally could not believe when they revealed the F4 stupid ball challenge again. The laziness and/or budget cuts have truly ruined this show. It's already bad enough we are permanently in Fiji and have no season titles anymore.

really ended up loving this season tbh. was kinda sad to see carson not make the top 3 although the top 4 were great. it was a fun season overall and idk why so many are mad :whistle2:

Just got around to watching the final a couple of days ago and as expected Yam Yam pulled out the win. Ngl for a second there with all of Heidi's momentum I thought she'd snatch the win last minute :deadbanana: but I'm glad she didn't

Unfortunately for Carolyn she lacked agency as far as the Tika 3 alliance was concerned so it was obvious that Yam Yam was going to get all the credit with Carson out, especially since I think he was a great hybrid of Carson strategy wise and Carolyn socially and just as a character. I get why people are disappointed she did not win but it became quite obvious to me that she was heading into zero vote finalist territory around the time she played the idol.

Surprised to see more people aren't happy with Yam's win though

But yeah apart from Carolyn, Yam and Danny I don't have any interest in seeing anyone from 44 again, it was a pretty average season all things considered

• 1 month later...

:duca:

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, the70s said:

Any news on season 45? :gaycat2:

No boot spoilers or anything, just info about the format and some twists:

Spoiler

Basically the same **** as all the other new era seasons :priceless:

- 18 players again, who mostly look AI generated and/or plucked from a random corporate retreat

- 3 tribes again, red-yellow-blue again (the merge is orange iirc)

- 26 days again

- the summit island or whatever is gone, but there's something similar to it apparently so don't get too excited

- the auction is back so there's something I guess

- zero spoilers as far as I know, at least from the people who spoiled the previous seasons

- and yeah all eps are 90 mins 

It'd be a miracle if it doesn't blend with other game-showy new era seasons and turns out to be a compelling unscripted drama the show used to be 

iBBIYKN.gif

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not the first contestant's surname being coon :deadbanana4:

S43 and 44 were so uneventful, with this new season having 90 minute episodes I'm questioning whether it's even worth watching this season :rip:

Every year I think Jeff can't possibly assemble an uglier cast than the previous year, but he just keeps surprising us!

With that, the 90 minute episodes, and the same (awful) format/twists as the last few seasons, I think I might actually skip this one.  There's more than enough other (better) reality TV on now anyway.

Edit: WHY does he think we need 6 of the nerd/twink/loser archetype :deadbanana2: :deadbanana2: :deadbanana2:

Edited by Miles.
  • Haha 1

I’m so sick of the nerd archetype :bam:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff wasting money on this instead of actually making the show better :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Miles. said:

Jeff wasting money on this instead of actually making the show better :deadbanana4:

Probst, we want this money spent on new challenges, ponderosa and bringing back the intro, not this :rip:

Assuming future seasons can be filmed even with SAG on strike, there is no reason why they can't up the budget in the immediate future

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.