Survivor 46 - Wednesdays 8/7C on CBS

Chaos Angel

Last night’s episode, while somewhat entertaining, showed exactly what is wrong with new era Survivor. The cast is great and there are a lot of interesting social dynamics going on right now, but the twist was dumb and ended up screwing a player in a decent position socially. Like if we’re “merged,” why do we still have the castaways competing for team immunity? How should Matt have known that he needed to bring his things with him when they were given no notice of what was about to happen? Why are we still making half the tribe immune? How’d Heidi get an “advantage” that essentially put her game on blast to everyone else? Let the players play. Let the merge actually signify the individual portion of the game. Let the social dynamics play out and the players actually vote. Ugh, like it’s all so stupid and frustrating :grump:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Komet

• Chamoy

• Harmonizer

This ep was so bad :bibliahh: Poor this cast, this could've been a great season

The whole production team needs an overhaul and Jeff needs to be FIRED! asap. Idc bring Christina Cha as a host

The worst episode yet in a truly abysmal season :deadbanana2:

Seriously, at this point we may as well just stick with Survivor Australia and South Africa.

The way everyone has been panning the last ep :deadbanana: Even the alumni on twitter are speaking out against the ridiculous production interferences

Wow, I’ve mostly defended the post 40 era but christ alive, that episode was TERRIBLE

Jeff needs to retire as a producer :deadbanana2:

Stick to hosting pls

Just realised Lauren didn't even use her extra vote. Matt was gone soon as Frannie won immunity :skull:

The twists seriously need to stop. What is CBS/Survivor/Jeff not getting? It's universally hated.

There's no strategy anymore. No alliances. No gameplay. No moves. It's just randomness and playing it safe because you have no idea what's going to happen the next day. It's stupid and boring to watch.

Plus, it then means the entire damn episode is filled with covering these twists and we lose time with the players/characters. No emotion. No connections. People lost in the edit. They need to wake the f up.

Edited by nathanspears

If I was Heidi, I would've forced either Brandon/Jaime to vote for Lauren instead. That would cue Yam Yam and Matt to both vote for Lauren.

If Lauren decides to use her extra vote on Matt/Yam Yam to force a tie, she still wouldn't have been able to revote so she goes home with Jaime's (forced revote) and either Matt/Yam Yam's vote.

What a wild twist! Glad it backfired and that ***** Matt went home! :clap3::rofl:

11 hours ago, genetic fail said:

If I was Heidi, I would've forced either Brandon/Jaime to vote for Lauren instead. That would cue Yam Yam and Matt to both vote for Lauren.

If Lauren decides to use her extra vote on Matt/Yam Yam to force a tie, she still wouldn't have been able to revote so she goes home with Jaime's (forced revote) and either Matt/Yam Yam's vote.

I don't think Heidi could control votes on the revote since she couldn't control Lauren's second vote either, that advantage was good for a single vote only. Matt or YY were always going home, no matter what Heidi did. The best she could've done was to flush Lauren extra vote but :michael:

Either way, it was beyond dumb, they need to stop with these convoluted twist that don't add nothing of value.

Edited by Komet blu

19 hours ago, Komet blu said:

The way everyone has been panning the last ep :deadbanana: Even the alumni on twitter are speaking out against the ridiculous production interferences

I haven't seen any tweets! I want to read the tea.

But this new era of Survivor is the WORST. Like... the advantages are not even fun to watch. Advantages should have stopped in Game Changers. I want to see people get outplayed. Not ****** over because of an impossible twist that no one could have gotten out of.

43 minutes ago, Harmonizer said:

I haven't seen any tweets! I want to read the tea.

But this new era of Survivor is the WORST. Like... the advantages are not even fun to watch. Advantages should have stopped in Game Changers. I want to see people get outplayed. Not ****** over because of an impossible twist that no one could have gotten out of.

It's nothing dramatic, everybody's just fed up

340627014_1262477558022630_2440923139347

I saw this picture in a Survivor FB group. Shot in the Dark is missing, but all of this needs to go. LIKE WHAT IS THIS???

1 hour ago, Harmonizer said:

340627014_1262477558022630_2440923139347

I saw this picture in a Survivor FB group. Shot in the Dark is missing, but all of this needs to go. LIKE WHAT IS THIS???

:pukey: 

I know Jeff is seeing all this pushback thinking what new twists and advantages he can come up with next to “fix” these issues :toofunny3:

• ATRL Moderator

It's all becoming too hard to understand and it really takes the fun out of it.  Jeff uses this show now to fulfill his therapist fantasies while all the contestants have no control in their future anymore.

I want a season with just hidden immunities, reward and immunity challenges, and no other twists.  Let the girls fight themselves.

Although to be fair, Matt was such a horrid player I'm not too upset with his exit. 

7 minutes ago, KLatz said:

I know Jeff is seeing all this pushback thinking what new twists and advantages he can come up with next to “fix” these issues :toofunny3:

Jeff is an egotistical narcissist of the highest level. He refuses to acknowledge that there is any "fixing" to be done and flat out dismisses any criticism he gets. If you want to torture yourself even more listen to his Survivor podcast, he brushes off all criticism. He surrounds himself with yes men and will dismiss anything that doesn't already align with what he has in his head, I've seen leadership with this mentality and it's the worst.

Australian Survivor has proven that the show could be just as good if not better without Jeff, Survivor should have let him go after he threatened to quit after Gabon. Jeff needs Survivor more than Survivor needs Jeff. 

5 hours ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Jeff is an egotistical narcissist of the highest level. He refuses to acknowledge that there is any "fixing" to be done and flat out dismisses any criticism he gets. If you want to torture yourself even more listen to his Survivor podcast, he brushes off all criticism. He surrounds himself with yes men and will dismiss anything that doesn't already align with what he has in his head, I've seen leadership with this mentality and it's the worst.

Australian Survivor has proven that the show could be just as good if not better without Jeff, Survivor should have let him go after he threatened to quit after Gabon. Jeff needs Survivor more than Survivor needs Jeff. 

I can't get myself to listen to his podcast, I know I would cringe so hard through most of it :skull: You're right though, he's too narcistic to ever let the game play out naturally again. I find it sad that he only listens to criticism when it's coming from a fan with status, like a Mike White or Sia. Otherwise he's just gonna continue throwing random things into the game to serve his own interests :noparty:He has like the opposite problem of Julie Chen where he's too involved in the production of the show. It'd be nice if he stepped back from that and let someone else take the reigns... :cupid:

And to think Australian Survivor's episode 7 is one of the best ever with minimal twists. Just good players making some damn good TV.

Jeff/production hyped up this season to the amazing but I'm finding it middle-of-the-pack so far. Sure, we've been given a couple great characters like Carolyn but the gameplay seems inferior to even some recent seasons like 42. Oh well, there's always a possibility for a strong end game.

On 4/1/2023 at 3:36 PM, Pink Whitney said:

What’s the tea?

They didn't open casting for S46 (and S48 too I think) so it's expected that those are returnee seasons.

In another news, here's some S45 casting tea:

Spoiler

Bruce from S44 will be coming back for S45!

Everybody's throwing a fit and yet the only people Jeff will listen to are his friends :rip: I just can't

This episode in terms of the ridiculousness of the advantages is only beat by advantagegeddon and the hourglass twist. It's too OP at this point.

At least the cast is interesting. 43 was the pits of hell and the first time I considered stopping watching because it was so bad.

NOT this popping up on Youtube :deadbanana2:

I haven't watched survivor in ages, and with what i've read here, i'm not going to. But I just found out about Ozzy being bisexual and having an Onlyfans :jonny:

beyonce-god.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.