Tennis | Let the Games begin

supaspaz

This just goes to show that the hardest thing in tennis is repeating as US Open champion. Federer is the GOAT for winning the US Open 5 times in a row.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

The evil won

Djere really could have saved us so much pain. Ugh.

It just feels like Coco is destined to win this with all the tributes for BJK's 50th anniversary of equal pay/the Battle of the Sexes. It's only fitting the next great American champion breaks through under these circumstances. Coco in 2 tight sets 6-4, 7-6.

Sabalenka will be smacking herself if she loses this one. Coco playing more defensively than Wozniacki and Halep. :rip:

Yay for Coco! :clap3: Glad she finally overcame this hurdle. Hopefully her game can really open up now that the pressure of winning a slam is off her shoulders.

So happy for Coco! :weeps:

14 minutes ago, Sensation said:

Wow Coco. A 500, a 1000, and now a slam title this summer!

And a 250 earlier this year at Auckland. Coco has completed the WTA event slam in 2023.

Coco the greatest pusher in history? The gets and consistently were incredible

Congrats to her, by all means deserved the win

The 2000s borns have a second queen to potentially dominate for the next several years. And since she already hit the French final this year, we know it's no fluke like certain others.

Hopefully we can say the same of Ben Shelton soon-ish.

Congrats Coco :clap3: ngl I thought it would be a beatdown from Aryna after the first set, but she fought hard and found a way out. Really happy for her

• ATRL Moderator

A new legend is rising. Hopefully she can keep it going!

Coco :clap3: It's crazy that she's only 19 but has so much experience already. She gradually worked her way up to the top of the game and completely deserves this title. She is always so mature and composed for her age too and that's one of the reasons she beat Aryna.

Beating Iga at Cincinnati and ending that losing streak was a pivotal moment for her.

• ATRL Moderator

Caught the tail end of Coco's match yesterday and what a riveting win! So so happy for her! I wish I could have seen the whole thing but schoolwork got in the way. I grew up playing tennis but haven't had the opportunity to play much lately. I forgot how stressful/entertaining it is to watch! My family has been glued to the TV for just about every match. 

I don’t why but I really missed Iga when watching this final. She doesn’t always play her best but there’s just something special she brings to the game. 

Do ya’ll think if Iga got passed Ostapenko, she would have defended her USO title? 

15 hours ago, stochastic said:

Congrats US OPEN CHAMP, COCO!!

🥇Coco Gauff🥇

def

🥈Aryna Sabalenka🥈

26 63 62

spacer.png

:clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.