Genshin Impact | 5.0 4th Anniversary | FONTAINE RATE DEADLINE 24.08

Mirrorcle

This sensation every patch explain why the banners are selling so bad, despite Genshin still the most popular gacha out there
No one will pull anymore unless the character is extremely hyped or broke

I feel there's a chance of them follow the gacha massive powercreep strategy soon to elevate the sales, I hope they dont do it.

:monkey:

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Venice B

• Cloudy

• CBC

• G.U.Y. Gaga

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, dlwlrma said:

This sensation every patch explain why the banners are selling so bad, despite Genshin still the most popular gacha out there
No one will pull anymore unless the character is extremely hyped or broke

I feel there's a chance of them follow the gacha massive powercreep strategy soon to elevate the sales, I hope they dont do it.

:monkey:

I actually find pretty impressive how Genshin managed to go +3 years without powercrepping old characters. Like, before Fontaine the top dps of the game were still Hu Tao, Ayaka/Ganyu and Alhaitham. I think they really went in with the damage dealers in Fontaine (idk why) but I don't think they're doing that in Natlan because unlike games like HSR (where I feel the powercreep a lot more) Genshin has tons of ways to play. Kinich, for example, won't be touching Alhaitham's numbers but his kit is super different and he has tons of exploration value, unlike Alhaitham.

I think the only characters that will be really broken like Neuvilette, Furina and Arlecchino are Mavuika and Capitano, if he becomes playable this patch. But the bar is so low for Cryo that I can't see Capitano not powercreeping old units :gaycat6:

Edited by Venice B
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Venice B said:

I actually find pretty impressive how Genshin managed to go +3 years without powercrepping old characters. Like, before Fontaine the top dps of the game were still Hu Tao, Ayaka/Ganyu and Alhaitham. I think they really went in with the damage dealers in Fontaine (idk why) but I don't think they're doing that in Natlan because unlike games like HSR (where I feel the powercreep a lot more) Genshin has tons of ways to play. Kinich, for example, won't be touching Alhaitham's numbers but his kit is super different and he has tons of exploration value, unlike Alhaitham.

I think the only characters that will be really broken like Neuvilette, Furina and Arlecchino are Mavuika and Capitano, if he becomes playable this patch. But the bar is so low for Cryo that I can't see Capitano not powercreeping old units :gaycat6:

Yup, its really impressive. Their biggest mistake happened in Fontaine, and was our beloved Monsieur Neuvillette. A game that tried and successfully managed the powercreep, suddenly created a new standard, that not even their team want to follow.

Arlecchino in the way she is and a more balanced Neuvilette would not make Alhaitham and Hu Tao look bad. Meanwhile Ayaka and Ganyu could be back to the meta later.
Kinich is a good signal, because he is not here to make Alhaitham garbage, but more like an alternative as you said, not that strong in numbers but with a more unique kit.
Mavuika will definitely beat Xiangling ass, but she is an archon, so its fine. Everyone is tired of XL after 4 years, its fair.
-
But we can see they are not very happy about the sales, and are trying to somehow manage it. Neuvilette bug fix was a tentative to sell Mualani to asian whales, didn't work
IT is basically "use more things, you can't do it just with Neuvi and another dps" also didnt work because the endgame was rejected

I hope something works before the HSR route, or worse... HI3 :gaycat6:

Well i'm excited for that banner lol 

i want both Xilonen and Chiori. 

I wanted to pull for Xilonens weapon too so if i loose to Chioris weapon thats a BIG WIN :duca: 

8 minutes ago, Funnyfatty said:

Well i'm excited for that banner lol 

i want both Xilonen and Chiori. 

I wanted to pull for Xilonens weapon too so if i loose to Chioris weapon thats a BIG WIN :duca: 

Yeah that weapon banner is a win/win situation. Chiori's sword is also amazing on Alhaitham.

3 hours ago, Venice B said:

they really went in with the damage dealers in Fontaine

because all fontaine dpses have hp fluctuations/bol except Navia which make them theoretically harder to play and since mihoyo wants the game to be clearable by 3 year olds it's enough to justify the dmg payola. Reminder that hu tao was basically top dps until Neuve and it was HARD to reach her <50% hp bonus because she would just demolish mobs before you could take dmg :deadbanana2:

Xilonen is basically geo kazuha but easier to use and hopefully with a personality :clap3:

• Haha 2

Xilonen could never deliver such character, dedication, personality, nerve, TALENT:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Kazuha is gonna be generally comfier in mono swirl teams, but keep in mind that Xilonen will be able to effortlessly res multiple elements at once, doing multi element setups for Kazuha is a nightmare

Off topic but is there a Zenless Zone Zero thread? :zsgaymuscat:

The banners would be selling much more if they just kept releasing kind of characters community wants. Raiden is smashing every time despite falling out of meta (well not quite, but yk), because of her unmatched demeanor. Yet we just arrived at the nation of war and the first archon quest concludes with 2 sugary sweet characters deciding to defeat the abyss with power of friendship.. girl this ain't My Little Pony

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, killer_rose said:

Xilonen could never deliver such character, dedication, personality, nerve, TALENT:

oh poor child was sad MOTHER Shogun made ceviche out of his boyfriend :monkey:

1 hour ago, perfillusion said:

Off topic but is there a Zenless Zone Zero thread? :zsgaymuscat:

Spoiler

there's also a discord

• Haha 1

Milonen with Nahida omg, I can finally grab both weapons with some luck.

25 minutes ago, mael said:

Milonen with Nahida omg, I can finally grab both weapons with some luck.

xilo is with chiori, nahida is with hu tao

22 minutes ago, CBC said:

xilo is with chiori, nahida is with hu tao

auF5fFi.gif

• Haha 6

I'll probably end up getting Mualani in a future rerun, her gameplay is fun and I kinda like her personality, she was very endearing in the AQ.

But for now I'll focus on Kingnich and saving for Wriothesley and Mavuika :WAP:

On 9/2/2024 at 9:25 PM, Funnyfatty said:

THE BANNER LEAKS BIHC BYE :biblio:

Hide contents

Xilonen/Chiori

Nahida/Hutao

i want Xilonen C2 and i wanted Chiori too. 
i also wanted to C2 my Nahida. 

omg this is a MESS 

HoYoverse about to get their coins from Miss Funnyfatty :clap3:

• Thanks 1

I have to say I love Natlan as a region, the best exploration mechanics of the entire game, the soundtrack is also an absolute fire!
BTW, Moualani's surfing is absolute TRASH outside Natlan. It's like 3 seconds long. :bibliahh:

Edited by killer_rose
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Kazuha is gonna be generally comfier in mono swirl teams, but keep in mind that Xilonen will be able to effortlessly res multiple elements at once, doing multi element setups for Kazuha is a nightmare

Have we forgotten Kazuha and Xilonen's buffs STACK? And that's the number one reason why most content creators and theorycrafters insist she HAS to be gutted before release because otherwise it'd be completely broken. 

the only stacking we will be doing is stacking rocks on top of kakazuha's grave

00001.thumb.gif.82e681702e29421a8950a8ef

Xhs51sn.jpeg

wQnE3Ic.jpeg

0WPQSCM.jpeg

Oh Shitstaine don't make that face

y0lgGZF.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

the only stacking we will be doing is stacking our primos and saving them for godvuika

00001.thumb.gif.82e681702e29421a8950a8ef

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, mael said:

Xhs51sn.jpeg

wQnE3Ic.jpeg

0WPQSCM.jpeg

Oh Shitstaine don't make that face

y0lgGZF.gif

Maybe this'd work with Inazuma or Liyue but not Godstaine

• Like 2

Mualani now holds a WR.

It's raining in Fontaine right now.

I'm a huge Xilonen stan ALREADY but i would NEVER say something bad about the iconic Kazuha :biblio: He is the best character in the game and i believe he only got a rerun so quick is because he will be surpassed by Xilonen as a support character so they wanted to sell him as much as possible. 

Just like how people wont be pulling for hutao anymore because Arlec is doing the job much much better. 

I also believe that i will have to pay this time :suburban:

I will pull for Xilonen > Her weapon > Chiori > Nahida cons. 

If i loose to Chioris weapon that will be still a huge win because her weapon is the BEST

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.