Horror Movies

Outlaws

1 hour ago, Jay L said:

Oh I see Art has you shook too. I get it! An indie horror icon is becoming more mainstream thanks the acclaim Terrifier 2 received. Terrifier the franchise is giving horror fans the campy brutal slasher horror we've been missing. Make sure to get your tickets October 11th for Terrifier 3!

art-funny-clown.gif

Gagged me a bit! 

Me on October 11th coming to post my SCATHING Terrifier 3 review knowing that I low-key enjoyed it but have to keep up my OAH appearance! 

spacer.png 

• Haha 1

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• Uncatena

• The Witch

• genetic fail

9 minutes ago, Jay L said:

Let's stop right there. Maybe watch before judging horror icon Art and their indie-turned mainstream franchise Terrifier. It's not for everyone for sure but they are fun an entertaining for campy slasher fans,. Terrifier has brought new life to horror imo.  A lot of the horror movies recently are high key boring and more focused on trying to take themselves too serious or just straight up bad. Terrifier is shaking up the current status quo so I get why it has some people bothered but we as a society need more movies like Terrifier. Bring back fun! Bring back gore! Slashers having been lowkey dying off so I hope these inspire more slashers to be made in general.

art-funny-clown.gif

Maybe I am being too sensitive and I know it's just a movie, I just find it so disturbing to see a little girl come down the stairs thinking its Santa then the next shot is him holding an axe with blood splattered on the walls. I like slasher movies but  just the thought of young children dying so gruesomely is hard to stomach imo.

17 minutes ago, zane said:

Maybe I am being too sensitive and I know it's just a movie, I just find it so disturbing to see a little girl come down the stairs thinking its Santa then the next shot is him holding an axe with blood splattered on the walls. I like slasher movies but  just the thought of young children dying so gruesomely is hard to stomach imo.

Everybody has their limits / boundaries when it comes to horror movies and there's nothing wrong with that. I won't watch any horror movies with SA in them and I actually check beforehand.

Websites like this:

https://www.doesthedogdie.com

Exist for a reason as some people have things they just don't want to watch happen in a movie. I'm not sure if you're familiar with @PossessedbyHorror on YouTube but she has a big following reviewing horror movies and she said she isn't watching Terrifier 3 for the same reason as you. 

She talks about Terrifier @ 3:45

I discovered T1 and T2 last year. We don't know what will happen in T3, and perhaps that was just a teaser meant for shock (let's hope), but I think that is part of the entertainment with movies like Terrifier. We all obviously have our limits, and there should be some (ex: I don't like when they kill animals in horror.), but I think the shock and not knowing what could happen next is part of what gets some people invested into the movie. As disturbing as certain scenes may be (I did look away once), and someone who's not into anything more explicit than your average slasher, I was captivated. In neither a negative or positive way, my exact reaction after watching was "Wow. What a ****ing movie." As I said, we all have our limits and things that will trigger us, but I doubt most are going "Yay, he killed a child!". So the entertainment or interest is not about that.

Edited by JonnyCat

I'm not going to judge T3 based solely on a teaser that may or may not be in the final version of the film.

Regardless, children have long been a part of the horror genre, so I think they're fair game. :michael:

And to me, this is what makes horror so great — that nobody is off limits.

Spoiler

Also, some "movie children" are really annoying and deserve what's coming to them (see Evil Dead Rise :foxaylove2:)

Edited by DEGUOM
<3
  • Confused 1

Maybe it's a sophomoric take but I can't stomach that Terrifier mostly depicts gratuitous deaths of women in gruesome ways and somehow it's supposed to be campy? Like I don't think it's necessarily advocating to commit violence against women but there's something fundamentally wrong that a huge component is like dismembering or disemboweling female victims. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mighty Oaks said:

@PossessedbyHorror on YouTube but she has a big following reviewing horror movies and she said she isn't watching Terrifier 3 for the same reason as you. 

She talks about Terrifier @ 3:45

Not related to this video in specific, but she kind of has terrible takes. I saw some of her tier list videos and they were a mess :deadbanana:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

Not related to this video in specific, but she kind of has terrible takes. I saw some of her tier list videos and they were a mess :deadbanana:

I think I mostly watch her videos because I find her voice comforting. I do agree with some of her takes but some of the movies she's hyped up have been so garbage to me. 

She also doesn't like horror/comedy and I watch a lot of those. When she put Renfield in her list of worst horror movies from 2023 I wanted to fight her. :eli:

Edited by Mighty Oaks
  • Like 2

We used to be a real horror thread where we rejoiced in violence and the grotesque... 

Terrifier 1 is lame and mean-spirited in an unfun way but 2 is a luvly bit of ott slasher campiness without lame meta nonsense that is unfortunately an hour too long. Mr Leone knows that was an issue and I believe he is coming to fix it with 3!

art-funny-clown.gif

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 8/4/2024 at 4:28 AM, Into The Void said:

Yes after 10 mins I was like wait I didn't expect that. I liked it

glad you enjoyed it! i really wasn't expecting that twist. i love going into a horror movie with zero expectations and being pleasantly surprised! 

is a quiet place: day one worth the watch? i loved the first two films but i keep being told that the prequel is really boring and not worth the watch. any truth to that? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finish Ticket said:

is a quiet place: day one worth the watch? i loved the first two films but i keep being told that the prequel is really boring and not worth the watch. any truth to that? 

Well, it's more emotional and less action packed but Lupita ate. I enjoyed it. 

• Like 2

if you loved the first two, you'll like this one too. i hate the 1st, didn't watch the 2nd. i liked one day

• Like 1

If you want background noise for your nap then why not

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Finish Ticket said:

is a quiet place: day one worth the watch?

If you haven't been spoiled and want to stress out over whether a certain character lives or not, then yes. lol

Spoiler

*I Googled the answer while watching because I didn't wanna deal with it + I hate how often cats are killed in cinema.

Otherwise, the movie was kinda just okay for me.

Edited by JonnyCat

18 hours ago, Alaska. said:

18 hours ago, Mighty Oaks said:

I think I mostly watch her videos because I find her voice comforting. I do agree with some of her takes but some of the movies she's hyped up have been so garbage to me. 

She also doesn't like horror/comedy and I watch a lot of those. When she put Renfield in her list of worst horror movies from 2023 I wanted to fight her. :eli:

That's kinda refreshing tho. I don't always agree with her, but i like that she isn't ashamed to admit that she likes a lot of "bad" 00's horror. Sometimes i feel you can't enjoy "fun" horror anymore without being labeled as someone who has "bad taste".

As to "Terrifier 3": Who knows if the teaser is even in the movie. There are horror movies where scenes were only shot for promotional purposes (like Black Christmas 2006) and weren't in the actual movie. It's also only implied that Art kills the child, could also only be the parents. Everyone has their triggers (i barely made it through "The Coffee Table" which also has a horrific child death) but children also shouldn't automatically be safe in horror movies and "Terrifier 3" wouldn't be the first movie to kill off a child.

Has anyone watched Triangle? How did y'all feel about it? I am still a little bit confused

Someone on reddit said

Spoiler

it's about a woman who gets on a boat, kills people, gets off the boat and gets back on the boat :ahh:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kevin2803 said:

That's kinda refreshing tho. I don't always agree with her, but i like that she isn't ashamed to admit that she likes a lot of "bad" 00's horror. Sometimes i feel you can't enjoy "fun" horror anymore without being labeled as someone who has "bad taste".

I agree with that! But to be fair, I'm the same way. Some horror fans are snobs and try to prove that they're a bigger horror fan than you which just isn't a thing lol. I love that there's such a big sub-genre to horror as there's something for everyone. I know Saw is a huge franchise, but those movies aren't my thing at all and that doesn't make me less of a horror fan. 

I also agree to an extent with the remark about children, but I think it depends on how it's done. I could not imagine the bedroom scene from T2 being received as well if Allie was a child. 

10 minutes ago, sweetsexysavage said:

Has anyone watched Triangle? How did y'all feel about it? I am still a little bit confused

Someone on reddit said

Hide contents

it's about a woman who gets on a boat, kills people, gets off the boat and gets back on the boat :ahh:

Such an underrated gem tbh! I re-watched it recently and I forgot how much I loved it. The ending was such a trip. 

Spoiler

I also hope that person on Reddit is deliberately trying to be humorous as it's definitely not as straight forward as that. :bibliahh:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kevin2803 said:

You're totally right about refreshing opinions, and I follow some horror youtubers that our taste isn't 100% aligned. I guess with her she just has takes that I can't agree at all, so I don't really care to watch her videos. She seems pretty alright though.

Spoiler

And I mean, when it comes to different opinions, I still can't understand why Black Christmas isn't as praised as Halloween when it aged so much better. That scene where Billy is looking through the door and murmurs "Agnes don't tell them what we did" gave me chills and I was legit terrified to watch the final minutes of the movie :deadbanana:

Does anybody remember Darkness Falls from 2003? I got such a random craving for it last night as I haven't watched it since I was about 9 years old and it's held up surprisingly well. 

It also made me realise how lazy SFX has became as time has gone on because a movie from 2003 shouldn't be stomping on some of these modern girlies the way that it did… :cupid:

• Like 1

On 8/6/2024 at 2:20 PM, Finish Ticket said:

i thought it was good

Any good recommendations for 2024 horror that is available to stream?

or just something good in general lol give me your best recs

Edited by Into The Void

MaXXXine and Longlegs both MID. are Mia Goth and Miss Maika ******* OVER? 

art-funny-clown.gif

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.