Horror Movies

Outlaws

Everyone already seeing MaXXXine when it comes our on 23rd of July in the Netherlands.

Seeing Longdiccs next week tho. :jonny5:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• Uncatena

• The Witch

• genetic fail

Just saw maxxxine, I thought it was fine :michael: I went in with low expectations and thought it was an entertaining time. Pearl remains the superior film by far though 

Is the Final Destination series worth watching?

24 minutes ago, sweetsexysavage said:

It's IMO one of the most fun horror franchises there is. Don't expect anything high brow or Oscar-worthy and just enjoy the ride! (part two traumatized an entire generation with THAT opening!!)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sweetsexysavage said:

its ALL over the place but if messy, campy franchises are your thing its kind of unmissable tbh.

• Thanks 1

Maika Monroe Stans (me) can't stop winning omfg :jonny5:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sweetsexysavage said:

yes

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sweetsexysavage said:

Yes sis! They're all fantastic with the possible exception of part 4.

2 > 1 > 3 > 5 > 4 is my ranking.

• Thanks 1

I watched In a Violent Nature and honestly? I didn't love it. For a 90 minute movie, it felt like it took longer to watch. I also thought the filming style made the movie feel impersonal, I struggled to feel like I was able to root for anyone. 

• Like 1

Seeing Longlegs this Friday, so excited! :jonny5:

I LOVE that Maika Monroe is dedicating these years in her career to horror. It's very Jamie Lee Curtis 1978-1982. :camping:

Posted (edited)

What are some of y'all's favourite horror movies of the 2020s? Your boy is in need of something to watch tonight. :psych:

Edited by Capris Groove

17 minutes ago, Capris Groove said:

What are some of y'all's favourite horror movies of the 2020s? Your boy is in need of something to watch tonight. :psych:

Infested (Vermines) is my favourite of this year so far.

• Like 1

This is kinda doing too much but I can't help but love it :jonny2: I really need to know who's behind the marketing because it feels fresh and exciting.

MaXXXine was something. No it wasn't bad by any means i even enjoyed allegory about hollywood's life and some  scenes. But let's be honest it's not pearl or even X quality. It's just not there. 5.7/10

In a Violent Nature was sh*t. 2/10

• Like 1

raZZZine may well be the worst of the year

ezgif-6-43c893d81bcd.thumb.gif.00a1f61c3

On 7/8/2024 at 6:44 PM, Capris Groove said:

On 7/8/2024 at 7:03 PM, killer_rose said:

Infested (Vermines) is my favourite of this year so far.

I agree, Infested is one of the best horror movies in recent years. The First Omen was great as well. Nothing else has stood out.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Violent Nature was solid, Quiet Place and Watchers were bad and Maxxxine was great

I just wanna know if longlegs is actually scary or if it's just the gp being over dramatic like they were with Barbarian 

Also that A24 Brandy horror movie looks exquisite 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 10:03 PM, ChapelHooker said:

Maika Monroe Stans (me) can't stop winning omfg :jonny5:

QUEEN MAIKA keeping us feed. Love to see that!

----

In A Violent Nature... Girl? Half of the movie we saw the killer just walk, a mess. Didn't enjoy it at all. Super boring. 

Daughter was pretty ok, another slow burn movie but for sure enjoyed it alot more than IAVN. 

I enjoyed Leave The World Behind alot and idc if you didn't. It just worked for me. 

On 7/7/2024 at 3:41 PM, Have A Break said:

It's IMO one of the most fun horror franchises there is. Don't expect anything high brow or Oscar-worthy and just enjoy the ride! (part two traumatized an entire generation with THAT opening!!)

On 7/7/2024 at 5:19 PM, ChapelHooker said:

its ALL over the place but if messy, campy franchises are your thing its kind of unmissable tbh.

On 7/7/2024 at 9:08 PM, KanMap said:

yes

On 7/7/2024 at 9:18 PM, Capris Groove said:

Yes sis! They're all fantastic with the possible exception of part 4.

2 > 1 > 3 > 5 > 4 is my ranking.

Thank you! I watched 1,2 and 3 and liked all of them. The death scenes are fun to watch and pretty creative.

Watched Baghead yesterday and it was mid I guess? 2/5

On 7/7/2024 at 5:19 PM, ChapelHooker said:

In which way? They are sometimes a bit different in tone but i think in terms of quality it's one of the most consistent horror franchises (except for the fourth one).

21 minutes ago, Kevin2803 said:

In which way? They are sometimes a bit different in tone but i think in terms of quality it's one of the most consistent horror franchises (except for the fourth one).

I personally think there are more bad movies in the franchise than good, but most of them are campy and self aware enough to pull it off. But then the fifth one is like REALLY serious, for example.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.