Horror Movies

Outlaws

I've fallen asleep 4 times 3 days in a row trying to watch Exhuma. I had only 15 minutes left of it last night but fell asleep anyway. I give this movie a 1/10 for being unable to hold my attention :rip:

• Haha 1

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• Uncatena

• The Witch

• genetic fail

On 7/1/2024 at 4:48 PM, Reverse Warholian said:

Hesitant to call I Saw The Turd Glow a good movie, but there were some elements to it that I REALLY loved. 6.5/10 

@SitarHero 

The artsy fartsy girls needed this win, Rev...

What's everyone's opinion of You'll Never Find Me on Shudder? The half that I watched (before falling asleep), I really enjoyed :suburban:

18 minutes ago, SitarHero said:

What's everyone's opinion of You'll Never Find Me on Shudder? The half that I watched (before falling asleep), I really enjoyed :suburban:

Well, you will enjoy the rest too then. :boat:

The MaXXXine opinions I'm seeing on Twitter are soo diametrically opposite it makes me even more excited to see it :ghostface:

I Saw The GLAAD Awards Grow was a cute gal. Needed some editing and less music videoing but there was some fun visuals and moments in there :clap3:

• Like 1

seeing maXXXine tomorrow :duca:

On 7/3/2024 at 9:05 PM, ChapelHooker said:

im going to be full on pretentious mode here because this movie is SO misunderstood imo and this has mostly nothing to do with your very fair review lmao.

yes its slow. it HAS to be to get the point across. you could not make this movie, with this set up, and make it fast paced. inherently because of the POV, its going to be slow. the same with the script, this would not work as well as a comedy and meta commentary on the genre if we had likable characters with good dialogue. I think the "comedy" (in the way that a lot of the set ups here are intentionally silly) is not being picked up on by viewers and it's frustrating. 

Hide contents

any tried and true horror fan who didn't giggle when they realized Johnny has to go all the way back around the lake to get his ax back... im sorry but what is not clicking????

the last scene is essential to the movie. its the next step of the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre ending. Yes, Sally is alive, but at what cost. This goes even further and follows a character into a moment we normally would not see on screen (just like the walking of Johnny) and it perfectly displays the life that Kris now has to endure for the rest of her life. She knows, just like the audience, that Johnny couldn't possibly be near her. But she is still scared, paranoid, frightened. That will stay with her forever and it's a haunting ending. Especially since we don't even find out if she actually survives.

honestly, im fine with the Immaculates and Late Night with the Devils of the year, but they bore me to ******* tears. same old ****, nothing new. THIS, to me, was so extremely refreshing, funny and well thought out. 

I was so excited about the movie based on your comment, let me tell you it was utter garbage. 

:bibliahh:

• Thanks 1

Also saw Handling the Undead. literal borefest. HORRIBLE.

streets are saying maxxxine is mid

:clack:

• Like 1

Yeah I'm reading as well that it's the weakest movie of the trilogy but still enjoyable.

7 hours ago, killer_rose said:

I was so excited about the movie based on your comment, let me tell you it was utter garbage. 

:bibliahh:

...but you watched it :fan:

2 hours ago, Leptine said:

Yeah I'm reading as well that it's the weakest movie of the trilogy but still enjoyable.

Longdick is our last hope i fear :weeps:

@Reverse Warholian

I know Cuckoo's reviews have been middling as well but I'm really excited about that one too!

3 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

...but you watched it :fan:

Yes I watched In A Tedious Nature.
Great concept, could have been great but it just ended up being borefest. There was literally just one creative cool kill.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, killer_rose said:

Yes I watched In A Tedious Nature.
Great concept, could have been great but it just ended up being borefest. There was literally just one creative cool kill.

I personally thought every kill was great, the log splitter scene especially was very well done and very funny but I also completely get thinking it's boring or poorly paced. its not a usual type of structure or pacing and that throws people off. 

Edited by ChapelHooker
  • Like 1

IAVN borefest, half of the movie killer just walks

16 hours ago, The Witch said:

Longdick is our last hope i fear :weeps:

@Reverse Warholian

That and 'Terrifier 3', doing great horrors is not easy nowadays, this year has been a total not event.

Okay girls, this was exceptional. :clap3:

new-poster-for-the-first-omen-v0-9tahxtg

How is this the best film in the franchise including the original?

Feels strikingly classic and modern at the same time. It's also refreshing to witness a big studio allow a filmmaker to experiment with such artistic freedom to this degree, which is more often than not beautifully orchestrated chaos that's both grotesque and perverse. One of the most batshit crazy horror movies of the year too — all the way up to being appealed 5 times against an NC-17 rating.

9/10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have extremely low expectations for Longlegs. Critics and audience scores mean nothing. The ratings for Late Night with the Devil should've taught us all a lesson

1 hour ago, Capris Groove said:

Okay girls, this was exceptional. :clap3:

How is this the best film in the franchise including the original?

Feels strikingly classic and modern at the same time. It's also refreshing to witness a big studio allow a filmmaker to experiment with such artistic freedom to this degree, which is more often than not beautifully orchestrated chaos that's both grotesque and perverse. One of the most batshit crazy horror movies of the year too — all the way up to being appealed 5 times against an NC-17 rating.

9/10

I'm only seeing praises for this one, need to watch it asap

On 7/4/2024 at 11:38 PM, Buffy said:

I've fallen asleep 4 times 3 days in a row trying to watch Exhuma. I had only 15 minutes left of it last night but fell asleep anyway. I give this movie a 1/10 for being unable to hold my attention :rip:

:skull: nnnn I have a friend who watched it 3 times in a cinema. I really liked it too tbh

47 minutes ago, Buffy said:

I have extremely low expectations for Longlegs. Critics and audience scores mean nothing. The ratings for Late Night with the Devil should've taught us all a lesson

MTE. I mean I will be perched for sure but keep having low expectations. 

7 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

I'm only seeing praises for this one, need to watch it asap

Please do, you won't regret it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I enjoyed MaXXXine, but since I loved X I had way too high expectations, I think. I wish there was more character development and the movie did dive more into Maxine's relationships. 

Spoiler

You can barely form a connection to Maxine's friends since they have a screen time of three minutes and get killed off. 

What I liked about the movie: 

Spoiler

- I audibly gasped at the scene when she smashed the man's nuts. LIKE WHAT

- The way she punched her keys in the private detectives face

- Halsey's characters death on camera

- I just love her 'I WONT ACCEPT A LIFE I DO NOT DESERVE' 

Edited by sweetsexysavage

MaXXXine is such a mess in a good way :jonny5:

You either get it or you don't and that's fine

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.