Horror Movies

Outlaws

I usually dont scare much from horror movies but Evil Dead Rise slayed my sense of fear when I watch on the cinema:ghostface: The situation, the way they being trapped in the house and the thriller parts were so good omg.

Also I have never been fan of the Scream I just watched the 5th movie but i felt like it has so many easter eggs and reference to old movies to enjoy it. Is the 6th one like that also?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• Uncatena

• The Witch

• genetic fail

3 hours ago, Leptine said:

I watched the last 'Scream' as well, it was good and enjoyable but I'm not totally slayed.

Scream 5 ghostface reveal was 100% better 

Welcome to act 3 

retardetchen.gif

Mentioning of FD I reminded I was so obsessed with the actress playing gothic girl on the FD3. I was bringing up her name to my friends like she was an A list celebrity :bird:

tumblr_inline_o8ufrdlmXC1sn95bh_250.gifv

2 hours ago, The Witch said:

Welcome to act 3 

retardetchen.gif

Ghostface reveal was more unexpected in this one imo but what is not selling me this entirely is the fact that the movie feels too much more a dark comedy like for example 'Bodies, Bodies, bodies' (Scream is much better tho) than a proper horror, there were still some good suspense moments like for example

Spoiler

the stair scene

Evil Dead Rise is far superior to Scream 6, which is one of the worst entries in the series (which sucks because Scream is my all-time fave horror franchise along with Elm Street (Wes Craven, ha power) and the location change had huge potential).

However, Evil Dead (2013) > Evil Dead Rise and it's not even close. :coffee:

I also watched Clock earlier this week because of Dianna Agron. It started off so strong, but it ultimately plummeted off a cliff after the first 45 mins. The acting was great for the most part and I really enjoyed the messaging, but it just didn't come together in the end.

On a pregnancy-related tangent, I'm three episodes into Dead Ringers and Rachel Weisz is tugging on Jeremy Irons' wig a bit... :jonny5:

7 hours ago, The Witch said:

Welcome to act 3 

retardetchen.gif

yes and no. how it was revealed? sure. but because it was so obvious that it was them made it underwhelming

7 hours ago, Companion said:

Mentioning of FD I reminded I was so obsessed with the actress playing gothic girl on the FD3. I was bringing up her name to my friends like she was an A list celebrity :bird:

she's an underrated icon. check her out in so weird and instant star. alexz johnson is a list celebrity if you grew up watching her as a kid or teen. ps i just finished watching FD3 on syfy and it still very much holds up VERY well i forgot how brutal her death was. i remember this being the first r rated movie i saw in theaters and the audience was shook

4 hours ago, Leptine said:

Ghostface reveal was more unexpected in this one imo but what is not selling me this entirely is the fact that the movie feels too much more a dark comedy like for example 'Bodies, Bodies, bodies' (Scream is much better tho) than a proper horror, there were still some good suspense moments like for example

Reveal hidden contents

the stair scene

that what makes BODIESx3 so good though. it was its own thing and thats so refreshing in an age of reboots remakes and requels. it basically served gen z april fools day

4 hours ago, Bandito said:

I also watched Clock earlier this week because of Dianna Agron. It started off so strong, but it ultimately plummeted off a cliff after the first 45 mins. The acting was great for the most part and I really enjoyed the messaging, but it just didn't come together in the end.

On a pregnancy-related tangent, I'm three episodes into Dead Ringers and Rachel Weisz is tugging on Jeremy Irons' wig a bit... :jonny5:

so should i not bother watching clock? i love me some dianna and feels like she deserved to be a star post glee. 

that's the new show rachel is on amazon correct?

Evil Dead Rise is far superior to Scream 6, which is one of the worst entries in the series (which sucks because Scream is my all-time fave horror franchise along with Elm Street (Wes Craven, ha power) and the location change had huge potential).

other than both being the 6th installment in their respective franchise why are we comparing a slasher requel to a demon zombie sequel? they don't really have much in common. 6cream was actually good and a huge improvement over 5cream

my only critique was the fact that both twins survived ALL OF THAT somehow. we needed more deaths in regards to the main cast but i guess that's what 7cream is for

7 hours ago, Companion said:

I usually dont scare much from horror movies but Evil Dead Rise slayed my sense of fear when I watch on the cinema:ghostface: The situation, the way they being trapped in the house and the thriller parts were so good omg.

Also I have never been fan of the Scream I just watched the 5th movie but i felt like it has so many easter eggs and reference to old movies to enjoy it. Is the 6th one like that also?

Scream 6 is so much better. Give it a try! 

Scream 6 is really good but could have been great if...

Spoiler

the identity of the killers wasn't so bad :skull: I don't really care if it's something preditable as long as they are good characters and in this case they were all the worst by far :rip:

Now, If I compare it to Evil Dead Rise, I would put both of them on the same level. EDR was a good bridge between the remake and the originals but my only problem is that they didn't really use the setting very much. It didn't really feel as different as it should

I personally really liked Scream 6 and thought it was better than Scream 5 but Evil Dead Rise is on another level if we are going to compare. Both the best horror movies of the year so far (with Evil Dead Rise in the lead) :clap3:

Have yall seen Enys Men? The artsy-fartsy girls who stan Men.com might like it.

6 hours ago, genetic fail said:

Have yall seen Enys Men? The artsy-fartsy girls who stan Men.com might like it.

Wait, I‘m gonna put that on my list. Thanks.

2 hours ago, sweetsexysavage said:

Wait, I‘m gonna put that on my list. Thanks.

Let me know what you think! It was definitely… something.

On 5/4/2023 at 7:16 PM, Jay L said:

I personally really liked Scream 6 and thought it was better than Scream 5 but Evil Dead Rise is on another level if we are going to compare. Both the best horror movies of the year so far (with Evil Dead Rise in the lead) :clap3:

Together with Spoonful of sugar yeah :clap3:

7 hours ago, genetic fail said:

Let me know what you think! It was definitely… something.

Do you know where I can watch it? 🙈

So I watched Candyman (1992) and Candyman (2021). The actors in the 1992 version did a fantastic job (Tony Todds voice omg), the social commentary and at the end of the movie there is still a mystery about Candyman. Neither did I grow up during that time, nor have I ever lived in Chicago, but the buildings, graffiti etc. give the movie a certain edge and I think it fits well into the zeitgeist. 

The 2021 on the other hand gave me toothache.

Spoiler

Yahya-Abdul Mateen did a great job portraying Anthony and let me tell you, he is a handsome man. I also liked the opening scene. But the movie itself is so messy. What was the point of there being several CandyMEN instead of one? Doesn't this contradict the original movie? When Anthony turning into the Candyman was the main plot, why was the conversation with his mother so rushed? Anthony growing up and his biography could've been an essential aspect here. 

There were so many shallow conversations, no character development and too many characters (the art critic, Brianna's brother and his fiancé) with such little time. Don't even get me started on the subplot with the high school girls. Yeah, I get it from an artistic pov it shows how white people marginalize black issues, don't take them seriously, but for the viewer it felt out of place imo.

The last 30 minutes also had a weird pacing. 

Edited by sweetsexysavage

1 hour ago, sweetsexysavage said:

Do you know where I can watch it? 🙈

It’s on torrent digital

EDR and Scream 6 were both merely fine, the girls are pushing me this year with their delusion.

On 5/3/2023 at 10:44 PM, Bandito said:

I also watched Clock earlier this week because of Dianna Agron. It started off so strong, but it ultimately plummeted off a cliff after the first 45 mins. The acting was great for the most part and I really enjoyed the messaging, but it just didn't come together in the 

Same here! I was loving that first act, but once she gets out of the program... :gaycat7::gaycat7::gaycat7:

Diana was great though 

EDR washed Screech 6 with ease

Edited by Repelex

finally saw Evil Dead Rise. it was a solid popcorn flick. it obviously pales in comparison to 2013 but that movie was perfect. 

i would've like it better if the kids we're better actors tho. it's like the brief for them was to stare and look teary eyed the whole time.

22 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Another L for David Gordon Green it seems like :redface:

untalented hack I fear, but everyone who was unfortunate to witness his Halloween try-logy saw this coming. never let him touch anything again I beg.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.