Horror Movies

Outlaws

3 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Just bought my tickets for this. @skankle found screaming, crying, and throwing up! :duca:

https://revuecinema.ca/films/twin-peaks-fire-walk-with-me-30th-anniversary-screening/

Meanwhile WE are praising, smiling, and eating good! :clap3:

I don't know a better movie that basically serves as a showcase for the lead actress' TALENT

tumblr_psd0cp1vaB1vk2qmmo1_500.gif

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• Uncatena

• The Witch

• genetic fail

8 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Just bought my tickets for this. @skankle found screaming, crying, and throwing up! :duca:

https://revuecinema.ca/films/twin-peaks-fire-walk-with-me-30th-anniversary-screening/

Being painted as a David Lynch hater simply for defending the honour of the most important film of the 00s... literally 1984.

OT: I watched Halloween Kills last night with my mum while visiting home and can confirm we both thought it's the worst film of all time perhaps!

As a contrast I suggested we then watched God Zombie's Halloween 2 which saw nothing but ACCLAIM. She said this is the only time Michael Myers has been scary and of course could not commend SAG Tayloscar Comptony's performance enough... another win for the Biehive @SitarHero?

scout-taylorcompton-arrives-at-the-los-a

"Evil Dies Tonight" the corniest most embarrassing line of the decade btw? Halloween 2018 the biggest case of mass critical delusional of all time btw?

11 hours ago, SitarHero said:

I think you're up to date on some of the best '20s stuff, so for the '10s:

Rift DEFINITELY, Creep/Creep 2

Less perfect but enjoyable watches/scares: Ghost Stories, American Mary, The Void, Daniel Isn't Real

Stoker and A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night for ~vibes~

Seen the Creeps and AGWHAAN (although I should rewatch this), will check out the others! :heart2: 

9 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

This Norwegian excellence.

Don't even watch the trailer tbh. Go in as blind as possible! 

Girl, I've been trying to pirate this one, but it's NOWHERE to be found. Is there any free service where I can watch it???? :jonny6: 

2 hours ago, skankle said:

"Evil Dies Tonight" the corniest most embarrassing line of the decade btw? Halloween 2018 the biggest case of mass critical delusional of all time btw?

Period poo 

I can't stop thinking about Men ( :fan:)

it was like... made for me. I ate every second of that **** up. it was an absurdist, surrealistic, psychedelic, pastoral fever dream with one of the most insane crescendos I've ever seen on screen. The two lead actors were incredibly good, but special shout-out to Rory Kinnear for several memorable performances. 

There is imagery in this movie that will go down in the horror history books for sure. Also, I low-key don't think it was laid on thick either. It's okay if your takeaway from this movie is that Alex Garland wanted to say "all men bad, look at me how self aware", but that's not what it felt like it at all to me.

The way Halloween ends is probably gonna be worse than kills (which I probably enjoyed more than most people still). I can't stand it :redface:

7 hours ago, mellenthin said:

Girl, I've been trying to pirate this one, but it's NOWHERE to be found. Is there any free service where I can watch it???? :jonny6: 

Hmm. I rented it but it's an IFC movie and I know Prime and Apple offer IFC Unlimited free trials - at least in my country they do. Maybe start there? 

9 hours ago, skankle said:

As a contrast I suggested we then watched God Zombie's Halloween 2 which saw nothing but ACCLAIM. She said this is the only time Michael Myers has been scary and of course could not commend SAG Tayloscar Comptony's performance enough... another win for the Biehive @SitarHero?

An unbiased outsider has spoken! I fear we have to take her word over the online horrorhead hivemind whose favorite reviewer told them that Dearest Robert is a bad director

6 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

I can't stop thinking about Men ( :fan:)

it was like... made for me. I ate every second of that **** up. it was an absurdist, surrealistic, psychedelic, pastoral fever dream with one of the most insane crescendos I've ever seen on screen. The two lead actors were incredibly good, but special shout-out to Rory Kinnear for several memorable performances. 

There is imagery in this movie that will go down in the horror history books for sure. Also, I low-key don't think it was laid on thick either. It's okay if your takeaway from this movie is that Alex Garland wanted to say "all men bad, look at me how self aware", but that's not what it felt like it at all to me.

I could not agree more. Though I do enjoy when movies aren't surface level and make you think, the takeaway of Men for me was the visceral reaction I had to the performances, the setting, the horror, the tension, etc--not really how well it did or didn't convey its central message about men.

36 minutes ago, SitarHero said:

Though I do enjoy when movies aren't surface level and make you think

Curious to know what you "think" about all the plot holes and hideous child acting in The Black Phone ? :fan:

7 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Curious to know what you "think" about all the plot holes and hideous child acting in The Black Phone ? :fan:

Their performances were good?

Anyone who grew up on Goosebumps and Stephen King will get it :clap3:

49 minutes ago, SitarHero said:

I could not agree more. Though I do enjoy when movies aren't surface level and make you think, the takeaway of Men for me was the visceral reaction I had to the performances, the setting, the horror, the tension, etc--not really how well it did or didn't convey its central message about men.

totally agree, it's more of an audiovisual experience than traditional movie for sure. I think the pacing, scenery and visuals are a good indication of this. I never once felt like this was set in the real world, it has a really dreamy atmosphere, from the lighting and color like the red-tinged flashbacks, the intense green, the bright lights used in the garden scenes etc. all the way to the structure and performances. I mean, there is a 10 minute sequence of the main character taking a walk in some woods.

not to mention the blend of special and visual effects were impeccable, especially during the climax. it looked ******* stunning and grotesque. my jaw was on the floor. I'm so glad this film got made. we need more daring, avant films like this imo.

also, I really like interpreting this as a possibly hopeful and positive story. apart from Harper using nature to heal her trauma, it felt like The Green Man was kind of a messenger that forced her to confront her trauma. in folklore, he represents rebirth and spring; new life. that's why Harper is smiling at the end. 

Edited by ChapelHooker

16 minutes ago, SitarHero said:

Their performances were good?

Yikes! Although can't say I'm surprised, Little Zzzombster :bam: 

Plus we can't completely fault those kids considering the abomination of a script they were working with :rip:

A single viewing of '20s rate Top 5 candidate The Innocents will hopefully elevate your standards for both good writing and child acting! 

Edited by Reverse Warholian

20 hours ago, yeezytaughtme said:

incredible :clap3:

Thoughts on the ending? 

Spoiler

Poor Aisha 

courteney-cox-3.jpg

18 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

what a HORRIBLE take when everyone has praised the kids esp. the girl for the acting

80pXfwN.thumb.gif.c3260c0319b7de59ec3186

The fact that we've heard practically nothing about this movie makes me think it's bad :rip: 

2 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

The fact that we've heard practically nothing about this movie makes me think it's bad :rip: 

It’s gonna be ass… the director’s track record couldn’t be worse 

how is it a prequel when she looks obviously way older:deadbanana2:

3 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

:WAP:

@lillavend3r @Walk_Away21

2 hours ago, Sharapov said:

how is it a prequel when she looks obviously way older:deadbanana2:

Apparently people are justifying it by saying over time she got better at looking like a child that's why she looks younger in the OG movie :ahh: no one asked for this then and no one is asking for it now. 

Viewing Dead Snow 2 rn love when sequels start right where the OG one ends.

Spoiler

I hate however when the survive is accused to be the one who did everything in the first movie it's so tired.

2 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Estonian excellence Leena Klammer coming to slay once again ! Girls hating on this while stanning multiple pointless Scream sequels...

:swan:

3 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

It’s gonna be ass… the director’s track record couldn’t be worse 

Why is your post giving Uwe Boll vibes. Does anyone remember that flop movie director? :fan:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.