Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

SMILE really served. I enjoyed everything from it. The jumpscares, the story, the ending, the effects, the music.

-----

Tonight i will watch: "The Last Thing That Mary Saw"

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

So happy smile is smashing :clap3:Hope Ari Aster would take some notes and drop the arty farsty direction. We need entertaining horror movies.

Also do not compare the Smilegend to Sh*t Follows. :angry:

Edited by Companion

10 hours ago, Companion said:

Also do not compare the Smilegend to Sh*t Follows. :angry:

it follows is a lot better and more original than Smid

Did anyone here see terrifier 2 as yet? I wanna know if it's actually as good as the critics have been saying.

10 minutes ago, BeachRat said:

is The Watcher the new netflix series and Watcher movie (about) the same thing / incident?

No, completely different in the sense that they tell two different stories. And also different in that one serves excellence and the other doesn’t. bill clinton politics GIF

1 hour ago, DariusSings said:

Has anyone seen Lamb? Any thoughts? I'm hesitant to watch it. 

its fine, but its a drama movie and not a horror movie at all. its also very slow.

25 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

omg Bodies Bodies Bodies truly ATE :jonny5:

movie of the year I fear

people are freaking out about Halloween Kills, is it really THAT bad? should i like not go to the cinema?

36 minutes ago, BeachRat said:

people are freaking out about Halloween Kills, is it really THAT bad? should i like not go to the cinema?

It seems very divisive. I’ve read some positive and semi-positive reviews, praising the direction of the story and the ending. And then I’ve read some real killers :chick1: about how it’s a disaster and the worst film ever. So the film is really diving the audience, is my impression thus far. Will watch it tonight as a die-hard Halloween fan but trying to keep an open mind, and also not read any of the spoilers. I’m excited. 

2 minutes ago, Julianna Calm Down said:

It seems very divisive. I’ve read some positive and semi-positive reviews, praising the direction of the story and the ending. And then I’ve read some real killers :chick1: about how it’s a disaster and the worst film ever. So the film is really diving the audience, is my impression thus far. Will watch it tonight as a die-hard Halloween fan but trying to keep an open mind, and also not read any of the spoilers. I’m excited. 

i mean it couldn't be worse than the previous one, but we stan for the camp and iconicness either way.

watching Smile soon as well, still no date for Pearl and Barbarian in my country UGH. Digital it is.

3 hours ago, Lord Gaga said:

Did anyone here see terrifier 2 as yet? I wanna know if it's actually as good as the critics have been saying.

Yes I saw it in theaters and it was great! :WAP: definitely recommend 

On 10/13/2022 at 8:37 AM, Leptine said:

Season 1 of 'Chucky' was great, camp horror done right :clap3:

The gay storyline lowkey washed the cheesy Heartrasher @The Witch

Heartfagget is overrated 

4mUk0v5.gif

4 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

movie of the year I fear

Go post on my thread and I'll re-watch It Smells

4mUk0v5.gif

The 2018 one of 'Halloween' that was well received was already weak and dull to me, I still haven't watched the one that came out last year for that reason mainly plus the fact it's panned didn't help my feeling about this new trilogy being pointless.

The first one from the 70s was a masterpiece for the times and became a classic because it was the first slasher that became very popular worldwide but that's all, all the sequels sucked.

Oh wow. The Visitor was actually absolutely abyssmal.

Like it was almost self-awaredly terrible, except the self-aware part.

Finally watched Malignant after endless payola from users here and it did not disappoint :jonny4:absolutely loved it

Wondering which movie I should watch first:

Ouija: Origin of Evil

Antlers

The Innocents (2022)

Speak No Evil

Also, y’all should watch The Innocents (1961). A masterpiece. 

On 10/13/2022 at 10:30 PM, Sharapov said:

can we talk about how overrated the halloween franchise is?? the atmosphere and music is great but the rest :zzz:even the original one. Michael walking slowly is also not scary or tense like Ghostface for example. i did kinda enjoy h20 tho :sistrens:

You ready for our new 

I honestly really love the first. I feel like every slasher, including the following sequels, are essentially just trying to recreate this film.

Even It Follows, which is rightly being trashed in this thread, is essentially just a more psychosexual Halloween which could have and should have been a short movie. And even that's being generous.

I know people point to Black Christmas as having inspired Halloween, but the truth is Michael was that ***** and everyone has been trying to be him to this day. The ones that break out are the ones that try their own thing; camp it up a little (like Chucky for eg). 

2 hours ago, Matthew said:

The Innocents (2022)

This!

halloween ends was so bad i nearl fell asleep

i even downloaded it in 4k lol

Cerdita is out. gonna watch it later :fan:

2 hours ago, popmusicisdead said:

Cerdita is out. gonna watch it later :fan:

have that downloaded as well. I love the short movie, I think the director has a lot of potential there and the reviews have been positive. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.