Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

1 hour ago, BeachRat said:

my watch list now includes:

pearl

barbarian

smile

mr harrigans phone

ressurection

hatching

what should i watch next? 

(mind that pearl and barbarian are not playing in my country ugh)

also waiting for hellraiser and halloween ends

i thoguth resurrection was one of the best movies of the year tbh but the reception overall has been mixed. its a great psychological midnfuck about abuse. I haven't seen Smile but my friend said it was a nice surprise and a fun time. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

7 hours ago, SmashingMiley said:

Mr Harrigan’s Phone was CRAP. It’s a bore to get through and goes absolutely nowhere. Hell it’s not even horror. Netflix originals have truly been the pits :deadbanana2: And they still wonder why they keep losing subscribers. 

I agree with this 100%

10 hours ago, SmashingMiley said:

Mr Harrigan’s Phone was CRAP. It’s a bore to get through and goes absolutely nowhere. Hell it’s not even horror. Netflix originals have truly been the pits :deadbanana2: And they still wonder why they keep losing subscribers. 

well considering that Dahmer was found personally scarier than any of the films in this forum....i wouldn't agree completely

GAWD i can NOT press play on that episode 6 :sad:

also i can't find chucky episode 1 NOWHERE...

Anyone seen Halloween Ends yet? And if so thoughts?

So, there are Smile, Don't Worry Harry and Bodies x3 on cinemas here. Which one should I watch first? :gaycat5:

4 hours ago, Roberto said:

So, there are Smile, Don't Worry Harry and Bodies x3 on cinemas here. Which one should I watch first? :gaycat5:

Bodies Bodies Bodies for sure! Im going to the theater again to just to see it cause it will be a blast. the others you can watch at home tbh

3 hours ago, Jay L said:

Deadstream was good! The lead actor nailed the douchey youtuber/influencer persona perfectly :dies:

I just found out about this yesterday, it looks hilarious.

7 hours ago, Roberto said:

Smile.

Bodies x3 is a cringy bore and DWD is like a weak long black mirror episode

Anyone seen these new releases -

Luckiest Girl Alive

Hellraiser

The Visitor

The Inhabitant

Significant Other

Thots? :chick1:

13 minutes ago, Julianna Calm Down said:

Luckiest Girl Alive

Hellraiser

The Visitor

The Inhabitant

Significant Other

just finished Significant Other. It was well shot and the music was cool, the two leads are great and it has insane concepts and twists that are impossible to see coming. But the pacing is a bit slow and it lacks a bit of a punch. 

I'm watching Hellraiser later today and I'm excited. The director has a great track record. 

Bodies x3 was a fun watch. I didn't expect the ending. :laugh:

19 hours ago, BeachRat said:

well considering that Dahmer was found personally scarier than any of the films in this forum....i wouldn't agree completely

GAWD i can NOT press play on that episode 6 :sad:

also i can't find chucky episode 1 NOWHERE...

By Netflix “originals” i was actually referring to their movies instead. Their attempts at making horror/thriller films have always been a hit or miss but there are way more misses recently. On the other hand, many of their newer shows are also panned mess, but on average they are definitely better than the movies. I haven’t watched Dahmer yet but have no doubt that it will be good based on the acclaim I’ve seen so far. 

I mean, they made Haunting of Hill House, Midnight Mass, Marianne (cancelled after 1 ss sadly), and to a lesser extent Archive 73 so the quality is definitely still there. :whistle: 

Edited by SmashingMiley

2 minutes ago, SmashingMiley said:

By Netflix “originals” i was actually referring to their movies instead. Their attempts at making horror/thriller films have always been a hit or miss but there are way more misses recently. Their shows on average are obviously better. I haven’t watched Dahmer yet but have no doubt that it will be good based on the acclaim I’ve seen so far. 

I mean, they made Haunting of Hill House, Midnight Mass, Marianne (cancelled after 1 ss sadly) so the quality is definitely there. :whistle:

true sis, The Haunting series has been one of the best things i've seen in my life on the genre...

yeah i don't even remember their last good horror movie, maybe Fear Street trilogy? it was kinda trash but a cute little pop-horror thingy dunno.

OT: WHOEVER sees Hellraiser spilllllll

3 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

just finished Significant Other. It was well shot and the music was cool, the two leads are great and it has insane concepts and twists that are impossible to see coming. But the pacing is a bit slow and it lacks a bit of a punch. 

I'm watching Hellraiser later today and I'm excited. The director has a great track record. 

Significant Other is a pretty solid slow-burn thriller in the first half but the tone switches significantly (:fan:) in the latter part. it almost seemed like a grown-up episode of Goosebumps or Are You Afraid of the Dark. too much exposition.

it was a fun watch tho. and Ms. Maikalyn Monroe always slays + that douchey guy from White Lotus :clap3:

I watched You Should Have Left last night and wow.......that was truly one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life 

The Visitor was really bad. 

like how many cliches can you fit in one movie? :deadbanana4:

The new Hellraiser was surprisingly really good :clap3:I’m glad they made it a bit different from the original 

17 hours ago, Julianna Calm Down said:

Luckiest Girl Alive

Luckiest Girl Alive. I found it kinda slow, tbh, felt like I watched a 3 hours movie. :deadbanana4: It's ok tho.

Some scenes are really really graphic, almost made me quit, tbh.

Edited by Roberto

What i watched in the last couple of days:

Rewatches:

Michael Bay's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre > This was my Joker when i was like 12 years old. Still great.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning > Very underrated. Represents what the TCM franchise is really about the most, besides the original. And "You guys **** all your cousins or just the ones you find attractive?" is maybe the best line in horror movie history.

Hellraiser > I can't really blame Julia. Frank is HOT. The practical effects in this are amazing.

New watches:

Hellraiser (2022) > Plays it a little bit more safe than the original and is too polished at times, but still a good remake. Jamie Clayton is terrific as The Priest.

Old People > Very surprised that this is a german production and a decent one, too. Has its flaws, but it is surprisingly brutal and sometimes even creepy. 

The Inhabitant > Has a little bit of everything - slasher, coming-of-age story, family drama, an detective investigation, supernatural horror and psychological horror - but nothing is really fleshed out. The twist is obvious, too. Still entertaining enough tho.

I am planning on watching "Luckiest Girl Alive", "Significant Other" and maybe "The Visitor" next.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.