Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

Pearl edges out Barbarian with Mia's acting alone. both are excellent tho. 

low-key the most disturbing and scary thing i've seen since i can remember is Dahmer on netflix, makes me think. if you're a gay boy you feel SCARRED.

the last time was with the first season of The Haunting Of Hill House, and i've pretty much seen every horror movie since then.

OT: wish Pearl was released in my country so i could enjoy it properly, but i don't see that happening.

maybe i'll get Barbarian at least, also can't wait for the new Hellraiser it will destroy us sisterns :jonnycat:

11 minutes ago, BeachRat said:

low-key the most disturbing and scary thing i've seen since i can remember is Dahmer on netflix, makes me think. if you're a gay boy you feel SCARRED.

the last time was with the first season of The Haunting Of Hill House, and i've pretty much seen every horror movie since then.

'Dahmer' was truly amazing, a disturbed story and killer explored properly with excellent acting from Evan Peters and the actor playing his dad, best Ryan Murphy show in years since 'The assassination of Gianni Versace', they need to make one about John Wayne Gacy now.

Tv shows keep staying superior than movies nowadays.

Fc-87MeXwA4UVOl?format=jpg&name=900x900

@The Witch

Going to watch 3x Bodies finally tonight.

Is horror/slasher movie of the year coming on Oct 14?

:duca:

Edited by TalkThatTalk

12 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

@The Witch watch Razzies Razzies Razzies yet? 

tonight! :duca:

7 hours ago, Leptine said:

'Dahmer' was truly amazing, a disturbed story and killer explored properly with excellent acting from Evan Peters and the actor playing his dad, best Ryan Murphy show in years since 'The assassination of Gianni Versace', they need to make one about John Wayne Gacy now.

Tv shows keep staying superior than movies nowadays.

@The Witch

I luv it,  Godyan Murphy always serves! we need the Richard Ramirez story next

also, can we talk how the Rita Isbell actress ATE that scene up?

7 hours ago, TalkThatTalk said:

Is horror/slasher movie of the year coming on Oct 14?

:duca:

Uuuuu! This looks good. I am watching it for sure.

I watched Men the other night, and thought it was pretty bad, which was very disappointing because I loved Ex Machina and Annihilation.  I get that it was about PTSD and the various aspects of toxic masculinity, but I don't think Garland really said anything about either subject.  The first half was very boring, and the "birthing" scenes at the end were the definition of needless shock value.  

Looking forward to checking out Smile, The Invitation, Barbarian, Speak No Evil, and Watcher soon!  I didn't realize there were so many good recent/upcoming horror movies!

Wait not users in here praising Men while dragging slayage like Malignant.  

Horror movies that I can remember watching over the past year:

Malignant: 9.5/10

Nope: 9/10

The Conjuring 3: 8/10

Things Heard And Seen: 7/10

The Black Phone: 7/10

Old: 5/10

There's Someone Inside Your House: 4/10

Men: 3/10

MEHn rightfully getting dragged in this page.

the whole thing was all subtext and no plot. and even then it wasn't sure what it wanted to say. like ma'am, pick a struggle.

2 hours ago, Miles. said:

Wait not users in here praising Men while dragging slayage like Malignant.  

Horror movies that I can remember watching over the past year:

Malignant: 9.5/10

Nope: 9/10

The Conjuring 3: 8/10

Things Heard And Seen: 7/10

The Black Phone: 7/10

Old: 5/10

There's Someone Inside Your House: 4/10

Men: 3/10

you spilled

@Reverse Warholian

spacer.png

I'm gonna start the Chucky serie soon, it better be good like you promise @The Witch

giphy.gif

Sissy wasn't great. i only watched it because i like Aisha Dee.

but it was soooo satisfying watching all those annoying ATRLeresque characters get what they deserve:fan:

Bodies x3 is a lot of fun with a brilliant twist at the end (i legit screamed :bibliahh: never saw it coming) but other than that it’s hardly scary. I would personally describe it as a Gen Z oriented whodunnit done right with just the right amount of tension and camp in the mix to keep you on edge. The characters are all unlikable tho ?

Spoiler

but i guess it works in this case because everybody is equally sus, thus harder to guess who’s the murderer

Speak no evil might just be one of the most outrageous films i’ve seen in so long. It’s up there with Eden Lake imho. Maybe even worse since the main characters in this one are unbelievably stupid. Like :deadbanana4: 

WTF are those choices?? Where tf are braincells?? I mean i get the underlying message 

Spoiler

About how parents can oftentimes be neglectful of their children and sometimes they can be oblivious to the dangers surrounding them and fail to keep their children’s best interest at heart etc

but the sheer stupidity just puts me off so much, and i consider myself desensitized to stereotypical characters being dumb in horror films. That said this movie is nowhere near typical, which is unfortunate because it could have been written in a way that we can sympathize more with the characters. 

I didn’t quite enjoy it and wouldn’t recommend it to others. The movie is nowhere near bad but it is something you either like or dislike i guess. 

12 minutes ago, SmashingMiley said:

Speak no evil might just be one of the most outrageous films i’ve seen in so long. It’s up there with Eden Lake imho. Maybe even worse since the main characters in this one are unbelievably stupid. Like :deadbanana4: 

WTF are those choices?? Where tf are braincells?? I mean i get the underlying message 

Reveal hidden contents

About how parents can oftentimes be neglectful of their children and sometimes they can be oblivious to the dangers surrounding them and fail to keep their children’s best interest at heart etc

but the sheer stupidity just puts me off so much, and i consider myself desensitized to stereotypical characters being dumb in horror films. That said this movie is nowhere near typical, which is unfortunate because it could have been written in a way that we can sympathize more with the characters. 

I didn’t quite enjoy it and wouldn’t recommend it to others. The movie is nowhere near bad but it is something you either like or dislike i guess. 

I really enjoyed it for the suspense but the parents were written so badly that it's hard to ignore. 

Spoiler

The fact that the couple didn't have weapons at all and the parents still let them mutilate their daughter then kill them !? It was just weird how little they fought back. 

11 minutes ago, Admiringamor said:

I really enjoyed it for the suspense but the parents were written so badly that it's hard to ignore. 

Reveal hidden contents

The fact that the couple didn't have weapons at all and the parents still let them mutilate their daughter then kill them !? It was just weird how little they fought back. 

Spoiler

It’s like instead of the fight-or-flight response kicking in, they both got the freeze instead :deadbanana4: which is stupid and frankly bizarre because it’s their god damn daughter for f***’s sake! Any parent would have fought tooth and nail (literally) to save their child in that situation. The writing indeed took away the believability of the story. 

4 hours ago, Leptine said:

I'm gonna start the Chucky serie soon, it better be good like you promise @The Witch

giphy.gif

it is

giphy.gif

People comparing Speak No Evil to Eden Slay :WAP:

congrats to smile; it was being pegged for $19 mil like Viola's Woman King and Harry/Olivia/Florence's Don't Worry Darling, but is expected to pull through with $22 mil.

https://variety.com/2022/film/box-office/smile-opening-bros-billy-eichner-box-office-1235388649/

and it feels like it had a fraction of the promo/buzz. kevin bacon's daughter won!

not every horror lately smashing (scream, black phone, barbarian, smile) while fan favs X and Pearl BOMBED :sistrens:

17 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

congrats to smile; it was being pegged for $19 mil like Viola's Woman King and Harry/Olivia/Florence's Don't Worry Darling, but is expected to pull through with $22 mil.

https://variety.com/2022/film/box-office/smile-opening-bros-billy-eichner-box-office-1235388649/

and it feels like it had a fraction of the promo/buzz. kevin bacon's daughter won!

@Reverse Warholian LOST.

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, Sharapov said:
fan favs X and Pearl BOMBED 

pearl and x each cost $1 mil so. 

11 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

pearl and x each cost $1 mil so. 

doesnt matter. nobody chooses to see a movie based on budget. barbarian and smile were cheap to make too

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.