Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

2 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

Never get the praise for The Invitation, it’s so predictable & serves low budget

Literally :rip: It's SO B while trying not to be.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

i've been on such a giallo binge lately. sergio martino > dario HACKgento

Did anyone watch Naomi Watts’ Goodnight Mommy remake? Is it any good? I watched and loved the original but im not sure if this new one is worth the time. 

Compliance (2012) - holy ****.

I've never shouted so ******* hard at my screen before when watching a movie. This movie made me SO angry. I just wanted it to end, it was absolute TORTURE.

I was just annoyed all throughout that they never once questioned the officer's credibility.

And the ending with the interview had me FUMING. That hag.

I do think it's a great movie, however. Amazing acting, setting etc.

I will never watch it again though, lmao.

2 hours ago, SmashingMiley said:

Did anyone watch Naomi Watts’ Goodnight Mommy remake? Is it any good? I watched and loved the original but im not sure if this new one is worth the time. 

I watched it earlier tonight actually. If you've seen the original I wouldn't say it's worth the watch - it's simply just a worse version. 

The twist is extremely obvious and the entire script makes it clear as a day as well. I'm sure people watching it for the first time figures it out pretty early.

1 hour ago, mellenthin said:

Compliance (2012) - holy ****.

Hide contents

I've never shouted so ******* hard at my screen before when watching a movie. This movie made me SO angry. I just wanted it to end, it was absolute TORTURE.

I was just annoyed all throughout that they never once questioned the officer's credibility.

And the ending with the interview had me FUMING. That hag.

I do think it's a great movie, however. Amazing acting, setting etc.

I will never watch it again though, lmao.

yes. that movie was a big ass WTF. FRUSTRATING

The invitation 2022 was so basic and generic. serving CW 

10 hours ago, mellenthin said:

Literally :rip: It's SO B while trying not to be.

I hate it too bestie 

Pearl is getting so much acclaim as expected. too bad i can't see it :cries:

also i saw Speak No Evil on Shudder. it wasn't anything special. it's more uncomfortable than disturbing. 

3 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

I hate it too bestie 

I love hating stuff together bestie :heart: 

Apropos Lake Mungo, I just had a really nice sleep. :heart: 

On 9/16/2022 at 6:40 AM, popmusicisdead said:

as expected the Goodnight Mommy demake is a dilluted, safe-for-primetime version of the original. :coffee2:

Tea, turned it off after like 10 min. I remember the mom in the og being kind of scary from the get-go but Naomi wasn't giving what she was supposed to give. 

14 hours ago, mellenthin said:

I watched it earlier tonight actually. If you've seen the original I wouldn't say it's worth the watch - it's simply just a worse version. 

Reveal hidden contents

The twist is extremely obvious and the entire script makes it clear as a day as well. I'm sure people watching it for the first time figures it out pretty early.

7 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

The new goodnight mommy is so flavorless. No seasoning. What’s the point?

25 minutes ago, josesuxx said:

Tea, turned it off after like 10 min. I remember the mom in the og being kind of scary from the get-go but Naomi wasn't giving what she was supposed to give. 

Another watered down unnecessary Hollywood remake of foreign horror film. When will these execs ever learn? :toofunny2: Thanks guys for helping me save my precious time on this one :smiley:

Speak No Evil (2022) - Well ****.

I feel ILL. Get me the **** out of here. Not me watching this after crying about Compliance yesterday. 

The title of the film and the movie itself is ingenious in a way. It really comes for Scandinavians' way of being too nice all the time and not having the balls to stand up for themselves. Like they said in the movie when asked why: "Because you let us". 

I cannot keep watching movies like this. Literally screaming into my screen when they decided to go back to the house after managing to leave it the first time. 

Great movie, however. Will not be watching again, EVER.

3.5/5

Edited by mellenthin

28 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

Speak No Evil (2022) - Well ****.

Hide contents

I feel ILL. Get me the **** out of here. Not me watching this after crying about Compliance yesterday. 

The title of the film and the movie itself is ingenious in a way. It really comes for Scandinavians' way of being too nice all the time and not having the balls to stand up for themselves. Like they said in the movie when asked why: "Because you let us". 

I cannot keep watching movies like this. Literally screaming into my screen when they decided to go back to the house after managing to leave it the first time. 

Great movie, however. Will not be watching again, EVER.

3.5/5

this tea.

scariest part of the movie was how awkward things get and the Scandinavians being passive-aggressively manipulated. it was very uncomfortable to watch. if that was me, i'd have pulled a knife on a ***** at the restaurant in Italy :rip:

3 hours ago, popmusicisdead said:

this tea.

scariest part of the movie was how awkward things get and the Scandinavians being passive-aggressively manipulated. it was very uncomfortable to watch. if that was me, i'd have pulled a knife on a ***** at the restaurant in Italy :rip:

Yessss, extremely awkward and uncomfortable. :deadbanana4: 

It ruined my day. :heart: 

On 9/7/2022 at 12:59 PM, SmashingMiley said:

Fall is pretty great. It’s the definition of simple yet effective. One hell of an adrenaline rush and it sure kept me on edge the whole time. Acting is very believable too. 

The most obvious flaw is the terrible looking green screen in some scenes 

Hide contents

And the cringy Youtuber crap that Hunter girl was pulling even when they’re getting screwed up getting stuck on top of that tower

Basically 47 meters down but with height as the villain instead of sharks. 

overall a 8/10.

I just watched it and it was good. The ending got me kinda emotional, it was just too much after the whole movie being in the heights.  :deadbanana4:

Spoiler

The friend being the mistress was so predictable tho. :deadbanana4: The husband was trash and daddy Jeffrey knew it. :gaycat: 

On 9/16/2022 at 8:02 PM, SmashingMiley said:

I will never get the US remakes of recent not american movies or tv shows, they always end up sucking, this remake was another unnecessary one.

I can't believe how Naomi Watts career derailed in the last decade (even more), she has been picking the worst projects ever.

No one talking about the medium ? 

its 2 hours long but it’s so good and scary. 

spacer.png

Edited by newuser

3 hours ago, Leptine said:

I will never get the US remakes of recent not american movies or tv shows, they always end up sucking, this remake was another unnecessary one.

I can't believe how Naomi Watts career derailed in the last decade (even more), she has been picking the worst projects ever.

Tea! It's been downhill for her since Diana :biblio:

35 minutes ago, newuser said:

No one talking about the medium ? 

its 2 hours long but it’s so good and scary. 

spacer.png

its my favorite 2021 horror! all the cultural/religious/familiar aspects of it make it so complex and rich. possession movies especially recent ones are kinda boring to me but Medium was really unique and well crafted. i love it a lot (and it was a box office hit in korea :bird:)

3 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Anyone else watching this? 

I just know the number 1 spot is going to be something cringe (like **** ***** or something).

Click Clack

8 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

Pearl flopping harder than X :sistrens:

gp saying NO to this trilogy 

GP is tasteless 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.