MV5BZGQ1NjQyNDMtNzFlZS00ZGIzLTliMWUtNGJk

Official Trailer 1

Spoiler

Official Trailer 2

Spoiler

this was great :jonny5: the end was really sweet

But:

Spoiler

the action scenes between Dumbledore and Credence or Dumbledore and Grindelwald were too short. The battle between Dumbledore and Credence could have been A MOMENT but ended so quickly :weeps:

Edited by Drowned8World

I saw it. I have never not seen a Harry Potter movie on opening day.

It was… okay for me. There were directing-related issues for me, mainly to do with the editing and blocking. Mark Day is David Yates’s editor and lackey and the two of them are very inconsistent with giving too much or too little. In this movie, there were too many talking scenes and too little action. The dialogue lingered while the action scenes were abrupt. Another issue I had was blocking. There were so many scenes of a character (say, Grindelwald), talking. The camera is zoomed in. There are secondary characters and extra standing around, stationary, just looking broodingly. Very unnecessary.

It was also lacking in comedy. Harry Potter always had a great balance between seriousness and comedy. This one was awkward with its comedy.

Other random thoughts: Jessica Williams as Lally was a very welcome addition. She was charismatic and lit up the screen. I found myself wanting more from her. I’m glad they got rid of Tina. The Aberforth-Albus scenes were tied together nicely into the main theme of ~secrets~. I also thought they did an adequate job with the Grindelwald-Albus scenes. Don’t listen to the Rowling haters who are sensationalizing the 6 seconds cut from the China screenings. They tackle homosexuality head-on here. 

Overall, I’m still glad to have seen a Wizarding World movie. Still had its flaws, but I’ll always love Harry Potter movie. 

1 hour ago, ALittleGauche said:

Jessica Williams as Lally was a very welcome addition.

She saved the movie tbh. She brought back "Hogwarts magic" to the franchise, I loved watching her! I wish we knew more about her she has great potential for a good character.

Spoiler

Every other character was done dirty, Dumbledore/Grindelwald moments were good acting, but everything felt so simple and logical... Newt has no charisma whatsoever in this movie compared to the two previous. The elections... yikes... A magical fawn deciding on the world's magical government? Sis...

at least Tina was at the end but not having her in the rest of the film

:deadbanana4: so sad if it's due to her public comments about Rowling

This was a lot better than the turd Crimes of Grindlewald. Idk I feel like they built Credence up for the first two movies and the resolution here felt pretty anti climatic. Also hilarious how Nagini was shoehorned in movie #2 and is no where here :toofunny3:

I guess I’m in the minority in thinking this was worse than FB2. Boring, contradictory, nonsensical.

Spoiler

like Credence being Aberforth’s son?? Terrible explanation to a terrible twist :biblionny:

For a movie about magic, it felt pretty unmagical; the score was the only thing that did the trick.

Hopefully, this flops and they stop making these movies. I don’t want the Wizarding World to end but this ain’t it. 

strong debut outside US market. It will end around 400-450M :giraffe:

2 hours ago, Drowned8World said:

strong debut outside US market. It will end around 400-450M :giraffe:

I wonder what WB’s benchmark for success looks like for this film to basically greenlight a 4th film. 

1 hour ago, publikcitizen said:

I wonder what WB’s benchmark for success looks like for this film to basically greenlight a 4th film. 

500M probably.

I don’t the series to end I think this movie was well done. This movie is being received better by fans than the last one but idk what Warner bros can do to green lite another movie. I just don’t want dumboldore and grindelwald story to end.

Is the movie really as bad as the RT review is leading us to believe? I wanna see this but also don't if it's actually a waste of money. It looked good from the trailer

2 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Is the movie really as bad as the RT review is leading us to believe? I wanna see this but also don't if it's actually a waste of money. It looked good from the trailer

If you like the series then go ahead and see it, it's not horrible. Imo it's a lot better than #2. 

5 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

They’ll finish all 5 movies, they’ll be watching the HBOMax views, I’m sure more people would be inclined to watch it they’re since they don’t pay for it directly. Plus all the licensing and merch will keep on going. 

4th and 5th can be filmed back to back, pay Jude and Mads a handsome amount, reduce Newt and Theseus screen time if they’re not locked in a contract and Tina the hell out of Queenie/Jacob. 

This was a lot better than the previous one and as many critics said, a step in the right direction.

9 hours ago, Alfred said:

It has a 85% audience score so fans like it. 

Haven’t seen either of the Fantastic Beasts movie, but I didn’t wanna miss the opprotunity of seeing a Wizarding World movie on the big screen.

I like first two thirds of the movie, but the ending felt a bit… rushed and anti-climactic. Like, where was the big fight? It was very meh.

Also, I was so annoyed with Grindewald and that Hitler guy looking almost identical. Couldn’t tell them apart.

• 1 month later...

I definitely enjoyed it more than the second movie. The first 2/3rds of the movie were great. The last part was alright…it just felt anticlimactic. 

I found this one quite bad, the ending was awful and disappointing, some characters didn't make any sense...

I dont get the 2nd movie hate, I enjoyed it more.

On 6/5/2022 at 7:37 PM, Drowned8World said:

it finally crossed $400M WW. A shame they released it on hbo max already because it's close to do 100M in the US

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl2886305281/?ref_=bo_da_table_12

Not that bad, is the 5-6 movie in the Box Office list (this year).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.