Pokéthread

Mimie

I haven't been this disinterested in the franchise since Gen 5 when I fell out of touch. 

Rn it's Pokémon Sleep & a recent watch of Pokemon Concierge (:heart2:) that are fulfilling my Poké itch. Have had zero desire to complete ScarVio dlc & the terra mechanic is so fugly, I wish it was over already.

Dynamax really was that girl. 

Battle gimmick ranking: 

Dynamax > Z moves > Mega > Terraflop

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magickarp

• UnusualBoy

• thatsmydemi

• TaggedGalaxy

14 hours ago, FOCK said:

I haven't been this disinterested in the franchise since Gen 5 when I fell out of touch. 

Rn it's Pokémon Sleep & a recent watch of Pokemon Concierge (:heart2:) that are fulfilling my Poké itch. Have had zero desire to complete ScarVio dlc & the terra mechanic is so fugly, I wish it was over already.

Battle gimmick ranking: 

To think that if rumors are true we will go through this drought until November 2025 :rip: 

We used to pray for times like this now what :priceless:

That said: Dynamax was ****, but I'll say it was better than Terraflop. Megas is where it's at and Gamefreak knows that's why they skipped uNOva so Kalegend can revive the franchise once again.

• Thumbs Down 2

32 minutes ago, Blue. said:

To think that if rumors are true we will go through this drought until November 2025 :rip: 

We used to pray for times like this now what :priceless:

That said: Dynamax was ****, but I'll say it was better than Terraflop. Megas is where it's at and Gamefreak knows that's why they skipped uNOva so Kalegend can revive the franchise once again.

I'm glad they're taking their time, but give us news :gaycat6:

Megas would be #1 if every Mon could somehow benefit, but that's not realistic. 

At least dyna gave every mon a viable chance. I could slay with a Galarian Ponyta. :celestial4:

Edited by FOCK

18 hours ago, FOCK said:

Battle gimmick ranking: 

:sherlock:

dynamax was so broken it had to be banned from competitive

tera is so refreshing to play with. tera saves so many pokemon with atrocious typing like vespiquen. and tera gives any pokemon wild card potential. :cm:

yet unlike dynamax, tera's use enables strategic repositioning, rather than overpowering any one mon on the field. :cm: you have to know how to use it, it's not an auto-win button like dynamax.

tera thus gives competitive matches complicated dynamics, in which you must anticipate when your opponent will tera (given that you only get one chance to do so, but on theoretically any pokemon) and what type into, and encourages nuanced predictions thusly

4 minutes ago, Dera said:

:sherlock:

dynamax was so broken it had to be banned from competitive

tera is so refreshing to play with. tera saves so many pokemon with atrocious typing like vespiquen. and tera gives any pokemon wild card potential. :cm:

yet unlike dynamax, tera's use enables strategic repositioning, rather than overpowering any one mon on the field. :cm: you have to know how to use it, it's not an auto-win button like dynamax.

tera thus gives competitive matches complicated dynamics, in which you must anticipate when your opponent will tera (given that you only get one chance to do so, but on theoretically any pokemon) and what type into, and encourages nuanced predictions thusly

I do appreciate the mechanic, the game/battles are just ugly & choppy, which makes me hate it. :dancehall: Dynamax felt so smooth & visually appealing in comparison, along with the SwSh music & environments, just made it a better experience overall. 

1. Tera is the best for competitive. It gives a chance for less useful pokemon to shine with the right strategy and it can make the tables turn. You never know what's going to happen. Also the feeling when you Tera your pokemon and it becomes resistant to your opponent's super effective attack >>

However, I feel like it isn't complete. They could've milked it A LOT MORE. Like imagine Ogerpon's kind of Tera-masks for exclusive Pokemon like starters and others. A missed chance.

2. Dynamax became too repetitive. I still remember how everyone ended up playing the same strategy: Dynamax first, then activate weakness policy and destroy everything. :zzz:. Designs were cool though. The move effects were also annoying as **** now that I think about it.

3. Megas were good. The fan favourite gimmick because of nostalgia. However, they kinda failed in what they tried to achieve. Most megas were still useless and you always saw the same 4-5 mega evolutions. 

4. Z-Moves were cool but meh. Just a superpowerful move. There's a reason we got 2 gimmicks this gen and it's because even Gayfreak knew Z-Moves weren't enough to keep our interest. 

Tera >> Megas > Dynamax > Z-Moves. 

Edited by thatsmydemi

I would like teras if they were something other than a damn hat. They are so ugly and goofy. They should at least have been masks like Ogerpon's.

Y'all ever get depressed/emotional over this :deadbanana: I have core childhood memories of being able to easily name all 649 Pokemon, now i get so triggered when I think of one and completely blank on the name. Is it a sign of aging, or are there just too many now. Hopefully the latter :clown:.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Y'all ever get depressed/emotional over this :deadbanana: I have core childhood memories of being able to easily name all 649 Pokemon, now i get so triggered when I think of one and completely blank on the name. Is it a sign of aging, or are there just too many now. Hopefully the latter :clown:.

I'm ALWAYS struggling with names nowadays. Mostly though because I obviously started playing the games in German.

Somwhere around the XY mark I changed to playing in English, then wanted to play Let's Go in German again (for nostalgia reasons) and ever since I've been basically F*CKED and know some of them in English, others in German and some only by my nicknames for them. I'm a mess. 

Was in area zero had a legit back2back battle against a gabite, 2 gibles, Minecraft rock, and blonde ambition jigglypuff :deadbanana4:

this game needed ambush encounters or horde encounters tbh :suburban:

Megas > Dynamax > Z-Moves > Tera

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.