Pokéthread

Mimie

7 minutes ago, FOCK said:

My take is, it’ll allow us to explore certain undeveloped/underdeveloped areas of the entire region, with Lumiose being the home hub, as was in PLA.

Bad news

Don't know how I feel about this but at least it's a Legends game.

:clack:

• Like 1

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magickarp

• UnusualBoy

• thatsmydemi

• TaggedGalaxy

13 minutes ago, Rune said:

Bad news

Don't know how I feel about this but at least it's a Legends game.

I mean, PLA could be argued to be set entirely in Jubilife, as there was no other developed/named city? 

If it is the case, my guess is it’ll be designated “natural” areas or biomes within the city & maybe the conflict is preserving nature vs industrial expansion using Zygarde cells - with big Z snake being big mad about it. 

Edited by FOCK
  • Like 1

If you move the unknown at the beginning of the trailer it says “See You” before it focuses on the question mark  

ooooo saw the tweet about it just now I’m all late lmao

Edited by Antonini

12 minutes ago, FOCK said:

I mean, PLA could be argued to be set entirely in Jubilife, as there was no other developed/named city? 

If it is the case, my guess is it’ll be designated “natural” areas or biomes within the city & maybe the conflict is preserving nature vs industrial expansion using Zygarde cells - with big Z snake being big mad about it. 

I wouldn't say PLA is entirely set in Jubilee. There's not that much to do in town and the main features of the game in terms of of both gameplay and story take place in the open areas.

I'm confused :suburban:. Excited for another Legends, though.

9 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

I wouldn't say PLA is entirely set in Jubilee. There's not that much to do in town and the main features of the game in terms of of both gameplay and story take place in the open areas.

I guess I don’t foresee that core gameplay mechanic changing, my understanding is that they’ve just elected to make the development of the city a larger focus in this game. They did passively touch on the “development” aspect in Arecus, as that city did evolve as you progressed, new merchants, quests, farming expansion etc, and we know that GF like to build on concepts incrementally. 

I just can’t wrap my head around confining Pokemon to just a city scape with no natural/open areas to explore & I think the tweet is being read into too much. My understanding is that the Japanese version doesn’t suggest exclusivity quite like that tweet?

I’m excited nevertheless. And I’m actually interested in the Pocket card game - though I really don’t need another Pokemon mobile app taking over my screen time :rip: 

Edited by FOCK
  • Like 1

Excited for another legends, nervous it’s set in once place. Guess we’ll see as time passes the direction they want to go, so far this doesn’t seem like the first one 

Edited by xXavril

They better have all forms of Vivillon available in the game, as well as Hoopa and Volcanion as I still need them for my living dex 

Someone on Reddit pointed out that Torchic, Piplup, and Snivy appear together with the PLA starters in the Indigo Disk trailer. :gaycat3:

Johto and Unova stans going at it for months now just to end up with Legends Zzz :bibliahh: everyone lost

the trolling too. Raikou and friends coming to Sleep! Champion Silver in Masters! Unown letters! Anyways, here's Kalos :bibliahh:

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, FOCK said:

I guess I don’t foresee that core gameplay mechanic changing, my understanding is that they’ve just elected to make the development of the city a larger focus in this game. They did passively touch on the “development” aspect in Arecus, as that city did evolve as you progressed, new merchants, quests, farming expansion etc, and we know that GF like to build on concepts incrementally. 

I just can’t wrap my head around confining Pokemon to just a city scape with no natural/open areas to explore & I think the tweet is being read into too much. My understanding is that the Japanese version doesn’t suggest exclusivity quite like that tweet?

I’m excited nevertheless. And I’m actually interested in the Pocket card game - though I really don’t need another Pokemon mobile app taking over my screen time :rip: 

They could still make open areas of the city with different biomes, maybe in those circles around the tower, like it's been pointed out.

I really really hope you're right though! I can't see GameFreak making a detailed-enough city environment to sustain the whole game :katie:

I'm interested in the TCG game, too! I don't care for Go or the other mobile games but there's potential in this one if it's well-made and you can play with anyone anywhere.

Would've been so excited for Legends Celebi/Kyrem too but not hyped at all for this. Still purchasing release week don't get it twisted

maybe it's time to become a Palworldster 🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Konril said:

We hate @G.U.Y for rigging the PokéRate All Stars.

That is all.

:suburban:

Oop

:rofl:

Maybe this was going to come out this year, but they pushed it back since Switch 2 got delayed.

nicki.png

3 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Maybe this was going to come out this year, but they pushed it back since Switch 2 got delayed.

nicki.png

It'll look like **** on Switch 2 too.

44 minutes ago, Rune said:

Someone on Reddit pointed out that Torchic, Piplup, and Snivy appear together with the PLA starters in the Indigo Disk trailer. :gaycat3:

I doubt it, we don’t need two birds and Piplup just got the spotlight with BDSM and LA. Plus Blaziken already has a mega, I bet the 3 starters they choose will all be ones w out megas. 

This would be the best combo IMO. Although once again they’re all gens 2, 5 and 7 starters. 

Litten 

Snivy 

Totodile

Not gonna lie but the more I think about it the less I understand the concept between this new legends game if there's not a region to explore. We'll see though, we haven't seen anything yet. 

The whole point of Arceus was exploration and being able to catch Pokemon while exploring an ancient Sinnoh region, but in Legends Z-A there isn't a region to explore...? It kinda feels like a new spin off game for which they recycled the Pokemon Legends title because they know everyone liked it. :skull: 

I would prefer small map with polished graphics and gameplay over a huge map that is glitchy and empty any day though

• Like 3

Finally doing something well :clap3: Congrats Game Freak!

I hate the name tho :toofunny3: Why can't it just be "Legends Z".... what's "Z-A". Looks so stupid

• Like 1

If they're reintroducing Mega Evolutions, lemme manifest a Mega Banette mini-rework where Prankster activates the turn it Mega Evolves instead of having to wait until the next turn. :angelo:Also give him Cotton Guard back from the old BW Dream World event as a teachable. Then move the +10 stat it receives from M.Evoing from Sp.Attack to Speed. Maybe make him Ghost/Dark for funsies while were at it too. 

But this is LazyFreak so we'll just have to deal with another era of Mega Kangaskhan power-up punching everything into Oblivia. :zzz:

Will Abilities return? Imagine Mega Mawile without Huge Power.

They did buff Cherrim's stats in ha Sun form, but it was not accurate to the actual buff.

nicki.png

I wonder if it'll be standard battles this time. Will Frostbite return?

nicki.png

Also we better be getting REGIONALempoleon.pngserperior.pngthey can give the Megas to greninja.pngchesnaught.pngdelphox.png

Im 90% sure that Snivy and Piplup are going to be part of the Partner Trio

Idk about the Fire one tho

2 hours ago, Rihlord said:

This would be the best combo IMO. Although once again they’re all gens 2, 5 and 7 starters. 

Litten 

Snivy 

Totodile

I actually wouldn't mind that group of starters, that way they could rework Litten's tragique final evo and turn it into something less... that. 

I’m wondering if Lumiose is actually a giant mega city and the circles we see in the map are domes that show full sized biomes that are underneath the city? Maybe the biomes contain ruins of old cities and ruins that were in X&Y. If they’re going for a “future” setting then that could work… Maybe in this setting Lysander did activate the weapon and only Lumiose was spared…? The MC would have to get back to the present to stop Lysander?

If they’re doing a past setting technically the game was set in Jubilife Village and the surrounding wild areas… idk. There have to be biomes or some area to catch wild pokemon. PLA had a smaller dex but it was still about 300. I’d like to have a larger selection here but…

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.