Pokéthread

Mimie

1 hour ago, Shinning said:

I wanna buy Shining Pearl/Brilliant Diamond for the Switch you guys think it's' worth it? Which one?

I've never played the original Sinnoh games mind you

The game is not that bad per say but it follows the basics of pokemon like you do have to fight every single trainer, no overworld encounters unless you’re underground and stuff. I played SP but that’s because I love Palkia, you could check online what are the version exclusives and take a decision based on that.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magickarp

• UnusualBoy

• thatsmydemi

• TaggedGalaxy

1 hour ago, Shinning said:

I wanna buy Shining Pearl/Brilliant Diamond for the Switch you guys think it's' worth it? Which one?

I'm always gonna shill Legends Arceus, but playing the OG Sinnoh games first def makes Arceus much better.

BDSP is a downgrade in every way from Platinum, so if u know how to (it's very easy), u can emulate Platinum on your laptop. 

I would play Platinum, then get Arceus on Switch so u catch the references.

Speaking of Platinum, I can't believe Drayano's Aurora Crystal isn't out yet :deadbanana4: 

2023 was like the 3rd year he said it would definitely be out at the end of the year :deadbanana2:

(that said, i'm sure he's busy & not young anymore)

15 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

The game is not that bad per say but it follows the basics of pokemon like you do have to fight every single trainer, no overworld encounters unless you’re underground and stuff. I played SP but that’s because I love Palkia, you could check online what are the version exclusives and take a decision based on that.

9 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

I'm always gonna shill Legends Arceus, but playing the OG Sinnoh games first def makes Arceus much better.

BDSP is a downgrade in every way from Platinum, so if u know how to (it's very easy), u can emulate Platinum on your laptop. 

I would play Platinum, then get Arceus on Switch so u catch the references.

Thanks guys. Is Legends Arceus also set in Sinnoh? It's a different dynamic from the typica Pokemon games right?

22 minutes ago, Shinning said:

Thanks guys. Is Legends Arceus also set in Sinnoh? It's a different dynamic from the typica Pokemon games right?

Very different, it's set in ancient Sinnoh, with a lot of references (Characters, Map, Music) u won't get unless u've played the OG.

And also VERY different from your typical Pokemon game, which u may not want rn.

BDSP is a 1 to 1 remake of Diamond & Pearl, including all its flaws. 

But Platinum fixes all the issues of Diamond & Pearl, while telling a better story + post game.

I'd only pick BDSP if it's hard for u to get Platinum, or u prefer the graphics :lakitu: 

You can youtube very easy tutorials on how to emulate on PC/Mac, & any laptop from 2008 can run it.

6 hours ago, Shinning said:

If you didn’t play the originals, sure. Buy it. If you did, using Home to have a different line up during game play is kind of one of the into redeeming qualities about this remake. If there was ever a game that absolutely needed some newer pokemon, it was this one. Somehow Legends Arceus with its less than 300 Pokemon available had a better balance than BDSP. As for which one, look up the version exclusives. Other than that the games are pretty identical. 

I'm trying to gather a new team for this new month in ranked, I'm planning to add Mimikyu and was investigating about why they nerfed "disguise", didn't know he was so problematic in doubles and singles that caused its nerf :rip:  and yet we have Urshifu that bypasses protect and has guaranteed critical hits left unscathered... #justiceformimikyu #justiceforprotean

The intern is having fun with these :gaycat6:

• Like 1

I see Pokemon releasing so many animations and it makes me kind of jealous of the new generation. I had only fox kids to watch the same episode again and again :toofunny2:

but at the same time growing up with pokemon in the 90s experiencing the release of Silver/Gold and Ruby/Sapphire was once in a lifetime. 

• Like 1

Unova haters are in for a ride this year, love that for them! :gaycatina1:

1 hour ago, Hey Dude said:
  Hide contents

kRfpoKJ.gif

So cool :jonny5: will @Conker be participating this time? :) I will not be participating if he is :) 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hey Dude said:
  Hide contents

kRfpoKJ.gif

Oh you snapped with this.

Already better graphics than Gen 5

I will. I'm definitely doing Gen 3 and Gen 4 at least. Probably will part take in all of them.

the dupes suddenly coming back after not posting for WEEKS:ahh:

at least make it less obvious :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Conker said:

I will. I'm definitely doing Gen 3 and Gen 4 at least. Probably will part take in all of them.

This is the first post i've ever reported. I'm so disappointed to find out they removed the banner :deadbanana:

AbU8Bss.gif

Bellossom mad iconic iktr

Oh, I forgot about our good sis Conker! :ahh:

Welcome back, or whatever. 

Edited by Heldenzeit
  • Haha 2

:jonny5: Gen 2 and Gen 6 combining A DREAM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

:jonny5: Gen 2 and Gen 6 combining A DREAM

Wait this actually looks good :jonny2:

Can't wait for GF to disappoint us with whatever game they release this year :clap3:

Those are hideous yall are smoking crack :suburban:

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 5:47 AM, UnusualBoy said:

Where is your avi from? :O 

1 hour ago, Antonini said:

Where is your avi from? :O 

A new video promoting Ceruledge, it was posted by the pokemon accounts.

Gen 3 PokeRate starting and Let's Go Johto announcement oh I'm eating in February :alexz3:

8f9715789177ff61a20692fb28a63da01472c1de.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.