Pokéthread

Mimie

On 12/21/2023 at 1:20 AM, Magickarp said:

PLA >>> SV > Crown Tundra > Isle Of Armor > Teal Mask > Indigo Disk > SWSH

Also this ICON. I love the multi limbed duo of Malamar & Hydrapple.

Hydrapple might be one of my fave mons over tbh. I wonder where she would've placed in the G9 rate... probably ~30 with all the sabotage :shakeno:

Malamar is a ******* LEGEND

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magickarp

• UnusualBoy

• thatsmydemi

• TaggedGalaxy

Terapagos is one of my favorite Pokemon ever now, such a great balance of cool/cute :heart: 

The DLC was fun/cute. I… did not struggle with the E4/Champion much since I used a combo of Chien-Pao/Roaring Moon + Chi-Yu/Iron Valiant + Koraidon/Ogerpon-Hearthflame and they annihilated everyone despite only being a couple of levels over.

80 / 100 / 80 / 75 / 55 / 90 

vigoroth you were lowkey robbed of greatness too :jonny5:

this is so ******* stupid too 

If a Pokémon with Truant is sent out following an ally Pokémon fainting to end-of-turn damage, Truant will activate on its first attempt to move.

Edited by Katamari
  • Like 1

I annihilated Drayton with my bellydrum Azumarill :jonnycat:  (I couldn't beat him with the rules from the trial tho)

I was really nervous about the battle with Kieran and I REALLY prepared for it, i was able to defeat him at my first try too :gaygacat5:

Here's how it went:

I opened with Archaludon and Grimmsnarl

Grimmsnarl was able to set both screens and then died

But Archaludon carried the whole battle WHAT A BEAST, Kieran commited a terrible mistake at the beginning of the battle, Politoed's ability sets Rain which its perfect for Archaludon new attack Electro Shot, so instead of a two turns attack, thanks to drizzle, it fires inmediatly and also boost special attack each time it fires, since Politoed had a berry against electric attacks it survived which helped me get another Electro Shot and another special attack boost for Archaludon.

From then its just Archaludon firing 2x boosted Dragon Pulse against PorygonZ and Dragonite, Flash Cannon against Grimmnarl and the rest of the team was destroyed by main bitçh Azumarill. UGH feels so good when your plans work out perfectly. Oop forgot to mention Jumpluff help with Tailwind.

Final Team:

archaludon.pnggrimmsnarl.pngazumarill.png

jumpluff.pngdragapult.pngninetales.png

Finished Indigo Disk a couple of days. They did that. My fave DLC by far. 

The replay value of this one is truly crazy. Unlocking starters, shiny hunting them and new pokemon, catching legendaries, exploring and completing the DLC map and pokedex, the club thing, playing with friends to get more BP and unlock new stuff, bringing back gym leaders from the base game... if only they had added trainers from previous games... but that's asking them for too much lmao. 

This is gonna be my most played DLC easily. I've never returned to Isle of Armor, Crown Tundra or even Kitakame after finishing the story. Let alone to explore anything. :rip:  yet I keep coming back to the Terarium to explore, fly, use synchronize mode with my fave mons... It's the first time I want to do something other than VGC battles online. I applaud them for achieving this. :clap3: 

I have already caught a shiny Treecko, Litten, Charmander and Tepig out of the starters. 

Edit: btw somebody tell me you didn't struggle that much with the battles. Like I only struggled with the fire and steel trainers. The rest were really easy, especially the dragon one. As for the Kieran, well, I expected better considering some of the comments. :fan: 

Edited by thatsmydemi

That Lacey ***** took me like three redos and barely won the last one. Drayton took me three but after I changed my Tinkaton for Alolan Ninetales and gave my Meowscarada Play Rough it was over.

Will face Kieran after I come back from a short NYE trip.

Will be using this team:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqk2ibWja0TX8j8qbLI39images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKrK89JwK79WLR1by1dR-
armarouge.pngpalafin-hero.pngninetales-alola.pngogerpon-cornerstone.png

The trainer that gave me the most problem was Lacey, she beated me like 4-5 times but that's because my stuborn ass kept wanting to use like 4 fairy weak pokemon lmao.

But the star in most of my battles and even with Kieran was my Hydrapple, she did that!! Archaludon was also quite good.

Edited by UnusualBoy

Not me trying to get a shiny Sobble for 3 hours now. This awful thing won't appear even in outbreak + using a sandwich wtf :biblio:

1 hour ago, UnusualBoy said:

The trainer that gave me the most problem was Lacey, she beated me like 4-5 times but that's because my stuborn ass kept wanting to use like 4 fairy weak pokemon lmao.

But the star is most of my battles and even with Kieran was my Hydrapple, she did that!! Archaludon was also quite good.

Did u try Dragon Cheer Hydra & Draco Meteor Arch + Scope Lens :jonny: I didn't pull it off too often, but it was euphoric when i did :dies: I used Tatsu over Arch

Palafin was my main character. He was somehow always the last survivor 1 V 2'ing Lacey, Kieran, & Terapagos :dies:

Farigiraf was the most useful tho. The AI cannot handle Armor Tail.

🎶 I bless the rains down in Africa 🎶

Gfnbini.pngAr9Thm9.png8UOa6D7.pngQ3Uu1sN.pngj0dQDhT.pngdgkpstc-c7a59630-afd8-4abd-b729-f9295e49552b.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzRlZGMxNzhjLWU1OGQtNDk5NC1hMWJiLTBkZTY4MzhiYzY3MFwvZGdrcHN0Yy1jN2E1OTYzMC1hZmQ4LTRhYmQtYjcyOS1mOTI5NWU0OTU1MmIucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.FZ-9ZsuCa0PAtkZRV50xf2BclrRDZMI6oDxt9_Zu_EE

My DLC team is serving so much harder that my SV team. I think it's a Radical Red situation where i'm more connected with the team due to the difficulty.

Aesthetically I probably would've replaced Maus with Espathra, but Friend Guard was too good :'( 

1 hour ago, thatsmydemi said:

Not me trying to get a shiny Sobble for 3 hours now. This awful thing won't appear even in outbreak + using a sandwich wtf :biblio:

This is me but trying to get a shiny Duraludon, I ended up with 5 of them :rip: 

11 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Did u try Dragon Cheer Hydra & Draco Meteor Arch + Scope Lens :jonny: I didn't pull it off too often, but it was euphoric when i did :dies: I used Tatsu over Arch

Palafin was my main character. He was somehow always the last survivor 1 V 2'ing Lacey, Kieran, & Terapagos :dies:

Farigiraf was the most useful tho. The AI cannot handle Armor Tail.

I tried but only managed to get the DC draco thing once before they took dowm Archa. 

I'm excited to try that strategy with Latias and another dragon!! 

The challenge is definitely the best part of the DLC. I got rolled over and over again by Lacey’s team and I loved every minute of it 

BBQs SUCK. I’ve only upgraded one biome and I can’t imagine doing the rest lol 

I said **** S/V and went back to PLA and found out I still haven't reached 10 star membership so still some things to do :heart:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

The challenge is definitely the best part of the DLC. I got rolled over and over again by Lacey’s team and I loved every minute of it 

It's a chore because after a while it gets repetitive but thankfully I unlocked them all. I just need to work on getting that shiny Popplio, Scorbunny and Sobble.

I just used my same team from the base storyline to finish the DLC. Quaquaval, Grafaifai, Oinklonge, Tinkaton, Brambleghast, Houndstone. Miss Kieran is a LEGEND, star of the show! :clap3:

17 hours ago, Rigalo said:

Right?! Who has the time and patience for that :rip: 

Tbh the battle with Kieran didn't disappoint.

I'd be down to collect BBQs, if it was from a Battle Frontier. And not 1 crappy Tower either :clown:

Anyways, make Delibird a winter icon.

delibird.gif

IceIC_Big.pngNormalIC_Big.png

Christmas Spirit: Boosts all stats by 50% in Snow

75 / 55 / 35 / 65 / 65 / 75

Gets Extreme Speed 

Boxing Day FightingIC_Big.png3fwnytw.png?1 120 / 90

If target is ally, heals 50%.

Can only be used in Snow.

Snowbrawl IceIC_Big.png3fwnytw.png?1 15 / 90

Hits 10 times, until it misses.

Can only be used in Snow.

my poor ceruledge is CARRYING me through the bb elite four, this dlc is beating my ass :clownny:

G5, & all mono gens done :weeps:  What surprised me wasico_old_628_2.png being MVP, cuz she got 0 buffs, & I only picked her for aesthetic.

80px-Bag_Ultra_Ball_SV_Sprite.pngico_old_523_1.png= Black & White

80px-Bag_Great_Ball_SV_Sprite.pngico_old_628_2.png= America

80px-Bag_Nest_Ball_SV_Sprite.pngico_old_547_1.png= Slavery

80px-Bag_Safari_Ball_SV_Sprite.pngico_old_569_1.png= Los Angeles

80px-Bag_Luxury_Ball_SV_Sprite.pngico_old_612_1.png= 1st Pokemon designed for G5

80px-Bag_Master_Ball_SV_Sprite.pngico_old_609_1.png= #1 most popular G5 Pokemon

grhHZjq.png

Double battle is the best part of The Indigo Disk. I only struggled against Drayton but the others still put up a good fight

But nothing will beat catching the Galarian bird trio across Galar. I thought they finally found the best way to implement the roaming legendary mechanic in modern generations but GF went back to the flop static encounter in SV instead :biblio:

Also Dynamax Adventures (shiny odds and 100% catch rate for all balls) >>> Snacksworth quests

Crown Tundra > Indigo Disk > Teal Mask > Isle of Armor

8 minutes ago, Rence said:

Double battle is the best part of The Indigo Disk. I only struggled against Drayton but the others still put up a good fight

This! :clap3:
Double battles allow for more strategy. It reminded me of Colosseum. They need a future game focused on double battle mechanics 

I opened every battle with Alolan Ninetails and Abomasnow, they pretty much swept everything. If they failed I had 4 other mons ready to clean things up 

• Like 1

would anyone trade with me their violet paradoxes (the two new ones) just for pokedex completition? thanks :monkey:

One thing i haven't seen mentioned is how Indigo Disk has u battle in SET mode. 

Aka they don't tell u who is switching in, & if u wanna switch out. Just like PLA.

I'm still annoyed they removed the ability to turn off SHIFT mode in SV, like why? :psyduck:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.