Pokéthread

Mimie

13 hours ago, Gwegend said:

I bought a Switch and Pokémon game yesterday and have been playing nonstop.

any tips or must-do’s for Pokémon Violet?

You can do the gyms however you want, but try to do them in order without overleveling so it can be more challenging. You can try to defeat all the titan pokemon as well from the beginning so you travel more easily throughout the map. Use the pokemon you want, they don't have to be the strongest as they are all viable in the end. If you have the DLC you can try to add some of the pokemon over there on your team as well, because, their levels are average and work for the main story.

• Like 1

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magickarp

• UnusualBoy

• thatsmydemi

• TaggedGalaxy

14 hours ago, Gwegend said:

Pokemon is one of the most customizable rpgs and violet gives you the freedom to create your own experience. I would recommend using a large number of Pokemon, maybe 30-40. That way if you get over leveled, you can swap in some of your under level mons for more of a challenge. Or you can just use a team of 6 and steamroll the whole game. It really depends on what you want 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gwegend said:

you return it and get your money back Scarlet instead :sistrens:

Brave Bird animation looks so good

oh wow :eek:

nNsEdvu.gif

17 hours ago, Gwegend said:

Something I really liked doing was customizing teams for each of the gyms/stars/herba challenges. I got all the starters from the get go since I played with some friends and then Sprigatito was my gyms captain, Quaxley my Team Star Captain and Fuecoco my Herba captain. Then the other 5 would change depending on the type of the challenge, so for example I used Sprigatito + a full electric team for Iono. It was nice since I got to grind and try new things instead of just stream rolling over everyone.

Then for the league I made a team of the 2 strongest from each subunit.

9 minutes ago, Rence said:

I didn’t expect them to announce it so soon :eek:

I quest for that purple thing ? I guess bullying works :clap3:

Just finished the Indigo Disk DLC and it was awful :skull: everything at the end with Terapagos just felt tacked on and added nothing to the story. I guess that one secret scene was cute but overall it was just a big disappointment and the grind for BBQs is not something I’m interested in at all

• Like 2

I am just gonna grind my team to level 100 to make this DLC as easy as possible. I just want Terapagos, possibly my favorite gen 9 mon. 

Idk why this annoying ass fanbase asked for a harder game. I am not trying to EV train for a ****ing DLC. I have Radical Red and that’s enough for me.

PLA >>> SV > Crown Tundra > Isle Of Armor > Teal Mask > Indigo Disk > SWSH

Also this ICON. I love the multi limbed duo of Malamar & Hydrapple.

Hydrapple might be one of my fave mons over tbh. I wonder where she would've placed in the G9 rate... probably ~30 with all the sabotage :shakeno:

32 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Hydrapple might be one of my fave mons over tbh. I wonder where she would've placed in the G9 rate... probably ~30 with all the sabotage :shakeno:

Yeah that strategy is sick and I agree Hydra is excellent! It is probably my fave mon from this DLC.

Wait there’s a TM in the DLC that requires Shieldon drops but Shieldon is a Violet exclusive making it impossible for Scarlet players to make this TM and Gamefreak didn’t realize this until after the DLC released :bibliahh: 

• Haha 1

Yeah Hydrapple would have definitely been a contender for my team if in the base games :clap3:or maybe not bc Arbolegend

but on a planned replay that never actually happens? You better believe it :fish1:

Finally defeated Lacey, what a team she has :jonnycat:

I opened with Archaludon and Galarian Slowking to get rid of the first two pokemon, then switch Slowking for Dragapult, and spammed Phantom Force on the stupid Slowbro, once Archaludon was down I threw Kingambit out to destroy her team and finish off with flying tera type Clodsire, bet that ***** was surprised when she couldnt touch my baby :heart:

2 elite members to go

7 hours ago, Magickarp said:

time for Pokérate G9 the re up :clap3:

Defeated Amarys, not as hard as i thought, Ninetales carried at the beginning with Drought and Grimmsnarl setting both screens.

Empoleon and Reuniclus was a good combo ngl, Annihilape took care of empoleon and MVP Dragapult took care of the rest. :heart:

dfumai8-8cc882e4-7595-4958-91a4-78571e4b

On 12/18/2023 at 8:43 PM, Hallad173 said:

so I stopped playing this game after Area Zero, and I hear all the old starters were added. Anyone have a select few of them for trade?:emofish:

I wanna do a new run through with my babies Totodile, Treecko and Tepig 🤓

I can trade/breed them for you

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

I can trade/breed them for you

King\Queen 🙌🏾.

I’ll pm you! 

17 minutes ago, Hallad173 said:

King\Queen 🙌🏾.

I’ll pm you! 

Sounds good. I should be home in an hour or so. Will breed them for you. I think I have a tepig ready but the other two will def need to be bred. 

On 12/18/2023 at 7:33 PM, Ms. Togekiss said:

I lost to that hag like 4 times before I beat her :rip: the rest of the elite 4 I barely beat and I got lucky. Kieran took me like 6 attempts but when I finally got it right I demolished him even though I was 10 levels overleveled

Also, **** Kieran. The absolute ******* WORST character in a pokemon game in a LONG time :rip: I HATE him so much 

I originally wanted to beat Drayton first since he was a douche but having to train up pokemon I caught in the terrarium kept me from challenging him first. 

Kieran was an absolute pleasure to beat. I made sure to include Ogrepon in my party for the additional cutscene. Kieran pissed me off in this DLC. I know that this was intentional but still…. I’m glad he was put in his place. 

I’m glad I had a friend to do union square with so I racked up group challenge wins and also solo challenge wins. I unlocked all the legendaries when I unlocked that part of the game. 

Also, if anyone has the scarlet paradoxes and is willing to do a touch trade with myself and a friend, I would greatly appreciate it. Lmk. 

Can we get exciting Pokemon games back? :gaycatina1:

Edited by Heldenzeit
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 9:21 AM, artc0cx said:

You can do the gyms however you want, but try to do them in order without overleveling so it can be more challenging. You can try to defeat all the titan pokemon as well from the beginning so you travel more easily throughout the map. Use the pokemon you want, they don't have to be the strongest as they are all viable in the end. If you have the DLC you can try to add some of the pokemon over there on your team as well, because, their levels are average and work for the main story.

Thanks you answered a big question I had about getting the strongest Pokémon versus just getting the ones I like lol. I liked Deerling better than Skiddo but then I found out Skiddo’s evolution is stronger so I swapped them. Now I’ll go back to deerling bc it’s pretty haha

also- I see a lot about the DLC but I don’t know what that means or even stands for.

On 12/19/2023 at 1:11 PM, Blue. said:

Something I really liked doing was customizing teams for each of the gyms/stars/herba challenges. I got all the starters from the get go since I played with some friends and then Sprigatito was my gyms captain, Quaxley my Team Star Captain and Fuecoco my Herba captain. Then the other 5 would change depending on the type of the challenge, so for example I used Sprigatito + a full electric team for Iono. It was nice since I got to grind and try new things instead of just stream rolling over everyone.

Then for the league I made a team of the 2 strongest from each subunit.

Oh that’s really cool too! Except I can’t get all the starters so I’ll just choose a strong Leaf and strong Water type to lead my other 2 teams

1 hour ago, Gwegend said:

Oh that’s really cool too! Except I can’t get all the starters so I’ll just choose a strong Leaf and strong Water type to lead my other 2 teams

I can send you the other 2 starters if you want.

Also DLC expansion packs, Teal Mask and Indigo Disk.

I’ve honestly been thinking about not even trying this DLC after getting bored of Kitakami and finding out there’s still no battle facility. But I’m a little curious about the reports that it’s much more difficult, that does sound interesting :celestial5:

I loved everything with Arven and Penny in the main story but no way in hell I'm sitting through the DLC just for an epilogue :rip:

27 minutes ago, Blue. said:

I can send you the other 2 starters if you want.

Also DLC expansion packs, Teal Mask and Indigo Disk.

Oh really? Cool! I feel like a grandpa bc I don’t totally know how the switch or it’s games work haha. I am working and I don’t know when I’ll be free to play. I will DM you- thanks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.