Pokéthread

Mimie

21 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Finished the plot. 

The E4 & Champion battles were a slay. I'm glad i got to use designs i actually like.

I had an EV trained VGC team, & still got taken down to 1-3 Pokemon at every one of them. I even lost 1 battle.

The AI is not coded to deal with Armor Tail, it spams priority multiple times, even after it fails :rip: Farigiraf ATE.

My team:

Hide contents

Gfnbini.pngAr9Thm9.png Love the Africa theme :gaycat4: Fling/U-Turn  Weakness Policy  Trick Room  Spread Move 

j0dQDhT.pngkRF7viG.pngDragon Cheer  Scope Lens + Draco / Muddy Water

8UOa6D7.pngQ3Uu1sN.png supported the whole team. Palafin somehow always ended up the last Pokemon alive :dies: def the main character.

Everything else was trash. The story felt so unnecessary & explained nothing :rip: Teal Mask had a better plot

Hide contents
  • Terapagos was literally shoehorned into the plot :rip: She could've not existed and nothing would've changed.
  • That "take out Tera Pokemon to progress the cave" was so forced :rip:
  • The final fight was not fun to play like, i hate meat sponges that employ no true strategy :rip:
  • Why can Terapagos time travel? :deadbanana2:

Indigo Disk was kinda half DOA for me because i hate the Robot Legends :rip: I just went checkpoint to checkpoint to get the main plot done.

Teal Mask was also checkpoint to checkpoint, BUT i was invested in exploring Kitikami in between checkpoints to complete the Bloodmoon mission. 

Indigo Disk however is such an uninspired boring map design I cbf to explore :rip: 

• & I have to catch 3X more Pokemon than i did for DLC1, to get the Paradox legends
  • & 50% of those Pokemon are the starters
  • & u need a lot of BP to get the starters
  • BP is ******* tedious to get
  • & just to unlock the uglee robot legends :rip:

That's a lot of ******* padding. Why couldn't we just get a ******* Battle Frontier to get BP.

:clack:

Spoiler

Terapagos itself cannot time travel lol it can only pull things from time AND space or just one of those to where it is. Just how it pulled real Turo from the past to the present at the Kitakami lake. How is not explained as far as I know.

They did explain the whole paradox thing:

We give him Briar's book which he used to build the whole Area Zero lab and find Terapagos, using its power to then invent the Tera Orb and time machine.

He uses the time machine to pull the paradox Pokemon from different timelines into ours (real Turo states he wants to do that at the lake).

So they are real, no dream/imagined bs.

Not explicitly stated but I'm pretty sure Heath was pulled to Turo's present that is how he saw Stellar form Terapagos (he describes it as a vision in his book) and the paradoxes that Turo brought to Area Zero, also all the symbols Heath noted down in the book were just Turo's research notes on how to build the time machine.

So Turo is the reason Heath wrote the Violet/Scarlet book about paradoxes/Terapagos and the book is the reason why Turo wanted to research Area Zero. So another paradox right there :skull: 

Also we and Briar are the reason Turo succeeds in building the time machine etc. and his success is the reason Briar wrote the book :skull: 

And we're the reason he dies cause he was able to succeed and bring the two Miraidon to our timeline :rip: and we kinda named Miraidon cause he didn't know what it was but we know it as Miraidon cause he got back to the past and named it that because of us. A

A complete mindfuck. :ahh: 

Whole story is a double bootstrap praradox.

Edited by Chromatica

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magickarp

• UnusualBoy

• thatsmydemi

• TaggedGalaxy

On 12/14/2023 at 10:35 PM, Rune said:

This DLC answers absolutely 0 questions about the Paradox pokemon, the time machine, and how Terapagos/Terastal relates to any of it. Doesn't even say anything about the symbols in Area Zero. :clown:

Hide contents

You go to the crystal pool in Kitakami and Terapagos somehow makes time travel happen. Okay? :psyduck:

U didn't connect the dots :deadbanana2:

Read my post above this

I hate to say it but this dlc is AMAZING. Stomps on Isle of Armor, Crown Tundra and Teal Mask. :soda: 

This ***** Lacey is STUNNING. I have no choice but to stan. The first battle against her was cute with Plusle and Minum. And the reference to her father with Excadrill just wow. 

I mean look at her. Can't wait to battle her with her final team. :duca: 

Edit: but what's her type exactly? I thought they had monotype teams lol

VS_Aroa_EP.png

An ICON

Edited by thatsmydemi

I loved Raging Bolt, & dragged Gouging Fire, but after seeing videos, I stan. Violetta's lost :'( 

I can't believe we got a Furry simulator, before a Battle simulator :clown: in a competitve school where u collect BP :clown: The fact i have to pay 200BP to battle ONE trainer, that disappears the next day or when u invite another trainer too :clown:

Blastoise's new animation is cool tho https://i.4cdn.org/vp/1702729518749174.webm

Totally worth cutting 500 Pokemon & 6 years, for Creatures (Eatshithara's company that owns 33% of TPC) to update the 3 Kanto starter models.

12 hours ago, Chromatica said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Terapagos itself cannot time travel lol it can only pull things from time AND space or just one of those to where it is. Just how it pulled real Turo from the past to the present at the Kitakami lake. How is not explained as far as I know.

They did explain the whole paradox thing:

We give him Briar's book which he used to build the whole Area Zero lab and find Terapagos, using its power to then invent the Tera Orb and time machine.

He uses the time machine to pull the paradox Pokemon from different timelines into ours (real Turo states he wants to do that at the lake).

So they are real, no dream/imagined bs.

Not explicitly stated but I'm pretty sure Heath was pulled to Turo's present that is how he saw Stellar form Terapagos (he describes it as a vision in his book) and the paradoxes that Turo brought to Area Zero, also all the symbols Heath noted down in the book were just Turo's research notes on how to build the time machine.

So Turo is the reason Heath wrote the Violet/Scarlet book about paradoxes/Terapagos and the book is the reason why Turo wanted to research Area Zero. So another paradox right there :skull: 

Also we and Briar are the reason Turo succeeds in building the time machine etc. and his success is the reason Briar wrote the book :skull: 

And we're the reason he dies cause he was able to succeed and bring the two Miraidon to our timeline :rip: and we kinda named Miraidon cause he didn't know what it was but we know it as Miraidon cause he got back to the past and named it that because of us. A

A complete mindfuck. :ahh: 

Whole story is a double bootstrap praradox.

Yuh i caught the reference, & i still don't like it :rogue:It feels poorly thought out, & starts more questions than it answers.

Spoiler

Also the ability feels so shoehorned in. How does the ability to change type, relate to space & time?! :deadbanana2:

And they really added that Crystal Tree in the promo trailer, for nothing but decoration :deadbanana2: It's giving Ultra Megalopolis, cuz the new part of Area Zero is nothing but a hallway :deadbanana2:

42 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

I loved Raging Bolt, & dragged Gouging Fire, but after seeing videos, I stan. Violetta's lost :'( 

I can't believe we got a Furry simulator, before a Battle simulator :clown: in a competitve school where u collect BP :clown: The fact i have to pay 200BP to battle ONE trainer, that disappears the next day or when u invite another trainer too :clown:

Blastoise's new animation is cool tho https://i.4cdn.org/vp/1702729518749174.webm

Totally worth cutting 500 Pokemon & 6 years, for Creatures (Eatshithara's company that owns 33% of TPC) to update the 3 Kanto starter models.

Yuh i caught the reference, & i still don't like it :rogue:It feels poorly thought out, & starts more questions than it answers.

Hide contents

Also the ability feels so shoehorned in. How does the ability to change type, relate to space & time?! :deadbanana2:

And they really added that Crystal Tree in the promo trailer, for nothing but decoration :deadbanana2: It's giving Ultra Megalopolis, cuz the new part of Area Zero is nothing but a hallway :deadbanana2:

Would've been cute if we could atleast farm Herba Mystica around that tree :rip: 

Also I feel like Gen 10 (hopefully for the 30th anniversary in 2026) will finally feature ALL Pokemon again, would be cute for the anniversary.

Watch them promote it like how Smash Ultimate did "They're all here" :rip: 

Archaludon is such a slay, love the design and its cry! Putting it an AV and he should be fine.

Also I got me the Dino Entei and Raikou with good natures (Impish and Modest) 

Now I can continue with the story :gayriahcat3:

I wish Hydrapple was the pseudo. 126 / 100 / 110 / 120 / 100 / 44

Archaludon could've pulled a Scizor, & kept the same BST. 120 / 105 / 115 / 125 / 50 / 20

Dragon Cheer should affect the User, & trigger Throat Spray too.

:clack:

BW's Nature Preserve is a section of Blueberry Academy? :eek: Albeit sunken underwater.

You can catch a Stellar Haxorus in that location too :jonny5:

1702740855941-png.580609

• Like 1

The videos of people running around as Toedscool after using the Synchro Machine :bibliahh:

Love that the game its finally challenging, i was left only with my Azumarill half dead with the first elite 4; the fire one. :jonnycat:

This was by far the hardest pokemon game/DLC 

I lost to Lacey 5 times :deadbanana2:

it was good/decent but the map was not it and it have little to no story:skull: (until the last 5min, that was amazing) 

Crown Tundra > Teal Mask > Indigo Disk >>> Isle of Armor 

Oh it’s good oh woow

i haven’t even beaten the main story yet :rip: 

Edited by Katamari

The tacky Xmas sweaters on the vgc stream :dies: nice to see openly gay player major bowman didn’t retire :thing: 

It was a nice touch that most of the Gen 1 mons from the safari zone are in the savanna area. But they are missing the queen of the safari, kangaskhan

• Like 1

Is there a kind soul available to help me with evolving my seadra in SV? I cannot look at this thing’s humongous nose any longer, I need her to become the Queendra she was meant to be

spacer.png

Loved the challenge of only using Pokemon you caught in the terrarium, I wish that extended to Drayton’s battle as well and not just the trial :clap3: 

Starmie should have had an ability like Dipplin 

love that an Entai form finally had Earthquake :clap3: 

I honestly think that the map lowkey STOMPS on Paldea. It's more unique in some way. The montains and cave (the one with Galvantula/Joltik) feel BIG and more well-thought than Paldea's.

Btw I've caught a shiny Litten and Tepig today :jonny5: 

The way we can get ALL shiny starters easily thanks to this DLC is the best thing EVER :jonny5: 

I'll try to get Fennekin and Treecko tomorrow :duca: 

I didn’t prepare for the first fight in The Indigo Disk and it was still easy af… they better switch it up for the BB elite 4 or I’m asking for a refund  :clack:

On 12/17/2023 at 9:47 AM, G.U.Y said:

This was by far the hardest pokemon game/DLC 

I lost to Lacey 5 times :deadbanana2:

it was good/decent but the map was not it and it have little to no story:skull: (until the last 5min, that was amazing) 

Crown Tundra > Teal Mask > Indigo Disk >>> Isle of Armor 

I lost to that hag like 4 times before I beat her :rip: the rest of the elite 4 I barely beat and I got lucky. Kieran took me like 6 attempts but when I finally got it right I demolished him even though I was 10 levels overleveled

Also, **** Kieran. The absolute ******* WORST character in a pokemon game in a LONG time :rip: I HATE him so much 

• Haha 1

I bought a Switch and Pokémon game yesterday and have been playing nonstop.

any tips or must-do’s for Pokémon Violet?

so I stopped playing this game after Area Zero, and I hear all the old starters were added. Anyone have a select few of them for trade?:emofish:

I wanna do a new run through with my babies Totodile, Treecko and Tepig 🤓

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.