Pokéthread

Mimie

45 minutes ago, sugrbby666 said:

I'm sorry but dragging SW/SH/S/V graphics while calling Arceus pretty is a bit rich. :biblionana:

Arceus was a glorified, overpriced tech demo and the most overrated Pokémon game in recent history, birthed by BOTW brainwashing players into believing that open world games with their tiresome busywork are inherently better than linear experiences.

I play Pokémon for the competitive teambuilding aspect, not because I get a kick out of ducking in low polygon grass while throwing stones at a Snorlax with glowing eyes at 2 frames per second.

Spill about Alola though! Truly Pokémon's Emancipation of Mimi era and the last great gen. :clap3:

Do you actually play the game then or just Showdown if you're into competitive?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magickarp

• UnusualBoy

• thatsmydemi

• TaggedGalaxy

46 minutes ago, sugrbby666 said:

I'm sorry but dragging SW/SH/S/V graphics while calling Arceus pretty is a bit rich. :biblionana:

Arceus was a glorified, overpriced tech demo and the most overrated Pokémon game in recent history, birthed by BOTW brainwashing players into believing that open world games with their tiresome busywork are inherently better than linear experiences.

I play Pokémon for the competitive teambuilding aspect, not because I get a kick out of ducking in low polygon grass while throwing stones at a Snorlax with glowing eyes at 2 frames per second.

Spill about Alola though! Truly Pokémon's Emancipation of Mimi era and the last great gen. :clap3:

Also, the Alolan Starters are all quite iconic. SW/SH only has Rillaboom and S/V is quite lifeless if we are being honest here

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, G.U.Y said:

And the kalosers and their "XY saved the franchise" :bibliahh:

The fact that they can't even find something good that came out of that gen other that this LIE :bibliahh:

Godninja and Sylveon. Stay MAD!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Godninja and Sylveon. Stay MAD!

The better version that yall got in Sun and Moon ? :toofunny2:

• Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, sugrbby666 said:

All of this omfg :clap3:  you spilled 

Arceus graphics are nothing to brag about. They are just Sword/Shield 2.0 with little improvement. I still can't forget the nightmare the textures in Arceus gave me. It was the first time something like that threw me off the game experience. Not even Sword and Shield managed to do that. :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

okay, here we go again :zzz:

Before Pokemon Go:

As of June 30, 2016 (2 years and 7/8 months worth of sales), the games (XY) together have worldwide sales of 14.9M

After Pokemon Go:

As of September 30, 2016 , the games (XY) together have worldwide sales of 15.64M

2013's X and Y saw a sales increase of almost 200 percent year-over-year.(GO)

Also, the games were giving for free for a whole month (March)

In comparession

As of March 2013 (2 years and 5/6 months of sales), the games (BW) combined sales have reached 15.42M

tl;dr: the alleged franchise savior is in reality the franchise KILLER :sistrens:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The controls for PLA is universally better than SV what:bibliahh:

Sneasler, Wydeer, Braviary, Basculegion are all better to control than MiRAT, & KoRAT too :rip:

The wisps are universally better than those stakes :rip: at least u could find those at night without a guide. 

The way they spawn Pokemon in PLA is so much better than SV, and leagues better than **** & Shart :pukey:

6 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

All of this omfg :clap3:  you spilled 

Arceus graphics are nothing to brag about. They are just Sword/Shield 2.0 with little improvement. I still can't forget the nightmare the textures in Arceus gave me. It was the first time something like that threw me off the game experience. Not even Sword and Shield managed to do that. :rip:

The Ex #1 SWSH defender, & the current SV defender here, calling Arceus graphics nothing to brag about :rip: 

Enjoy your 15 fps, glitch filled worlds, with battles that take longer to load than PLA, despite having lesser animations & movement :rip:

The kii is before PLA released, our postions were flipped :rip: I still remember u dragging me for posting that gif of the grass in the far background :rip:

Just say u like being contrarian 

a-JvS3.gif

35 minutes ago, Konril said:

All this debate when they're all equally bad to mid anyway.

:suburban:

Switch back to your old avi, i appreciate the view whenever u posted:suburban:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Magickarp said:

The controls for PLA is universally better than SV what:bibliahh:

Sneasler, Wydeer, Braviary, Basculegion are all better to control than MiRAT, & KoRAT too :rip:

The wisps are universally better than those stakes :rip: at least u could find those at night without a guide. 

The way they spawn Pokemon in PLA is so much better than SV, and leagues better than **** & Shart :pukey:

The Ex #1 SWSH defender, & the current SV defender here, calling Arceus graphics nothing to brag about :rip: 

Enjoy your 15 fps, glitch filled worlds, with battles that take longer to load than PLA, despite having lesser animations & movement :rip:

The kii is before PLA released, our postions were flipped :rip: I still remember u dragging me for posting that gif of the grass in the far background :rip:

Just say u like being contrarian 

a-JvS3.gif

kiii. I try to be objective that's why you'll see me praising SWSH one day and dragging it the following one (same goes for the other two). None of the games are good no matter how much we like them. :weeps: Can't wait for a new gen to drop to start dragging Scarlet and Violet :eli: but nah, Scarlet and Violet are a damn mess and I'm aware of that. But other than its performance, it STOMPS on Arceus. It is what it is. 

a-JvS3.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Unovabortions have time on their hands today

a-JvS3.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This ARTSTYLE

ark6.gif07-en.gif02-en.jpgCover-level-up-Arceus.jpg

And then u have SV's chinese mobile game HP bars, & text boxes :rip: The models don't even move forward when attacking anymore

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sugrbby666 said:

I haven't played S/V at all but I played a lot of competitive on console during Gen 7 and early Gen 8 (pre-DLC before everyone started spamming the same 5 Pokémon like Incelroar and Regieleki) and I did play and finish Arceus when it came out.

The combat system in Arceus was just completely scuffed and strong/agile style (and the horrible FONT jfc :biblio:) were superficial and added absolutely nothing engaging to the experience.

I realise that criticising Arceus for its combat is maybe not fair since the point of the game is exploration but even that could've been much better. Open areas are boring wastelands filled with nothing, Pokémon just wander around in packs rather than actually interacting with the world, the controls are awful and flying around with H!Braviary was incredibly clunky, side quests are boring busywork like collecting 100 wisps and the graphics are a series low for how ugly they are.

If you're going to do (semi) open world, do it well. Gayfreak clearly is unable to which is why Arceus is the definition of 1 step forward, 2 steps back for me.

I would oppose this with the fact that Arceus put the original idea of Pokémon itself to the forefront: Gotta catch 'em all.

I started playing Pokémon when Red and Blue were released and it has been decades since then where I felt that the main objective of a Pokémon game was exactly that. Thats why nostalgia hit me crazily when playing Arceus. 

Also, Arceus was by far the best game at scaling the Pokémon according to their sizes. Onyx finally felt like the huge Pokémon. It just had dimensions to it that were really beautiful imho.

• Like 1

A copypasta that I keep posting in this thread every time a Kaloser tries to rewrite history :sistrens: but I take that as a yes :sistrens:

• Thumbs Down 2

The gen when the sperm pokemon is released is NOT getting any praise ever. Doesn’t matter how many paragraphs will be written.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I didn't play Legends yet (or any post SWSH releases) but from what I saw I always thought the 3D pokémon models looked nicer in those games than they ever had before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G.U.Y said:

The better version that yall got in Sun and Moon ? :toofunny2:

You mean the one that no longer exists outside of Sun and Moon?

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ash-Greninja is hideous and should've been removed.

It & those hideous Zygarde forms were clearly planned for Z tho, so i blame G6.

Alola was forced to carry over those ugly XY forms.

a-JvS3.gif

Now if y'all were dragging USUM instead... let me not say anything.

Not when miss G(dot)U(dot)Y is here. 

a-JvS3.gif

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

You mean the one that no longer exists outside of Sun and Moon?

yup, that one

the superior version

900px-0658Greninja-Ash.png >>>> baddragonite-fatty-fat-fat-chad.png

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, G.U.Y said:

yup, that one

the superior version

900px-0658Greninja-Ash.png >>>> baddragonite-fatty-fat-fat-chad.png

I remember when King debuted in the XY&Z anime. Good times :sistrens:

If u wanna blame GODinja for anything, blame it for it being so popular that GF made every starter since humanoid in attempt to get another merch seller :mazen: 

XY technically started the humanoid + human job starter trend, but if Gren didn't smash i doubt we woulda gotten so many employed humans since :mazen:

658.png727.png815.png908.png

30 minutes ago, sugrbby666 said:

That's fair and I think it might just come down to different players having different priorities.

I ǵuess I'm just a bit of tired of Arceus constantly getting praised for "trying something new". Yes it did but it also came up short in a lot of ways.

I can't contribute to the Arceus vs. S/V conversations here since I didn't play the latter after reading about the state they were released in but maybe they did improve on some of my criticisms. For me it's more of a design philosophy question though and Gayfreak failing spectacularly at open world game design. Like how are you going to release an open world game without gym level scaling? :gaycat6:

It's almost as if we stop buying the constant trash that Gayfreak puts out recently they might actually be forced to release games that have a bit of heart and soul to them.

a-JvS3.gif

That last part I can completely agree with. 

• Like 1

Scam Freak has been trying to become exclusively a merch company since Gen 2, plus traditional mainline games are now just one pot of many with Go, Unite, Masters EX, Cafe Remix and their sweet sweet microtransactions raking in $$$ "Let's all just not buy the next game!" simply doesn't carry as much weight as it used to. Yes it's easy money, but again only a fraction of the profits for TPC in the grand scheme of things.

Basically we're screwed

:suburban:

• Like 1

Sad reality is the executives at TPC probably haven't touched a video game in their entire life. They probably had a brother who played some MS-DOS game once in a while and that's it. 

They will never serve something on the level of Final Fantasy 16 and I've accepted that fact. 

I revived my old Nuzlocke. I was able to one shot Brawly and Roxanne and now it takes me forever to kill one Plusle on the bike path cause none of my flops are super effective towards it :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.