• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magickarp

• UnusualBoy

• thatsmydemi

• TaggedGalaxy

Junichi-Masuda-Artist-on-Virtual-Piano-Play-Piano-Online.jpgMnCMnW9GUNFmqJmvRTJbf8-200-100.jpgmT6phZkCNTs5r7opoZ4xa8-200-100.jpgYxQJ4WYtSTUur9ZHbZVuE8-200-100.jpgozsHa6q.png

GB45rppm_400x400.jpgeHHkwgTTcaYBhLdNKDFpM9-200-100.jpgsJr6Kbc45P4U839VMTEox8-200-100.jpgVToPK3juTvjMMh6oadtDu8-200-100.jpgCY7uaJXDmb3ki5jxoH8Bg9-200-100.jpg

42770-1621822483.pngDetective_Pikachu_Returns_Artwork.png (Eatshithara founded Creatures)

U2iRN1i.pngDaM5izFWPGyYYb2TsuLzV8-200-100.jpg

bandai-namco-logo_1920.0.jpgtCFwfGEX2FKHVGgaUDuHz8-200-100.jpg

Pokémon as a video game franchise peaked when they decided to join forces with the Mystery Dungeon series. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

So....I can't register I beat any more trainers including the Ogre clan members :rip:I tried beating the last four members again one by one then flew to that guy at Kitikami Hall to get my reward but it doesn't work:deadbanana2:

Is there a solution to this MESS?!?

I want pokemon pinball to comeback. That game was FUN. Mystery dungeon was also great but i really felt like you had to hack the game in order to win. Like those towers where you started as level 1 for Jirachi i think? Wtf was that? 

13 hours ago, Dylangaga said:

So....I can't register I beat any more trainers including the Ogre clan members :rip:I tried beating the last four members again one by one then flew to that guy at Kitikami Hall to get my reward but it doesn't work:deadbanana2:

Is there a solution to this MESS?!?

They know about the issue and are supposedly working on a patch, I thought it would be out by now tho :skull: 

1 hour ago, Rigalo said:

They know about the issue and are supposedly working on a patch, I thought it would be out by now tho :skull: 

:clack:

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

Mystery dungeon was also great but i really felt like you had to hack the game in order to win. Like those towers where you started as level 1 for Jirachi i think? Wtf was that? 

They're definitely the real challenge of the games in the sense that you have to put a lot more thought into whatever strategy you are going to use to beat the dungeon (and in that they are a lot closer to classic Mystery Dungeon than to Pokémon Mystery Dungeon). You have to consider which Pokémon level up faster than others and when they learn powerful moves, think about useful abilities they might have, maybe just warp your way through the dungeon, decide whether you search each floor for useful items but risk dying of hunger or instead breeze through the dungeon but perhaps miss out on that reviver seed that could save you later on. There's a really interesting Reddit post about different strategies, in case you want to know more. And well, of course luck is also a factor.

Overall I agree that those dungeons are super hard, but it's also super satisfying when you finally manage to beat them, so I'm glad they put them in the games.

The game that revolutionized Pokémon and saved the company from going bankrupt after the gen 5 floppage :jonnycat:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

53 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

The game that revolutionized Pokémon and saved the company from going bankrupt after the gen 5 floppage :jonnycat:

If you don't count the free copies given by Nintendo and the Go sales increase, it sold less than gen5 

Y ? :sistrens:

56 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

the downvotes :dies:

Looks like I triggered the uNOvites

:ryan3:

8 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

Gen 6 gets a pass for being the first 3D games, SM was where the floppage truly begun

spacer.png

SM upscaled is the better looking than XY, SWSH, or SV tho

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

Gen 6 gets a pass for being the first 3D games, SM was where the floppage truly begun

SM gave us regional forms, poke rides, a good story and they changed the boring formula they've been using for 20? Years 

:sistrens:

On 10/9/2023 at 7:59 PM, SlowGinFizzzz said:

Pokémon as a video game franchise peaked when they decided to join forces with the Mystery Dungeon series. 

spacer.png

So true... and the peak ENDED this year when the new Mystery Dungeon rumors turned out to be fake

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, G.U.Y said:

SM gave us regional forms, poke rides, a good story and they changed the boring formula they've been using for 20? Years 

:sistrens:

only worthwhile thing here is the regional forms

spacer.png

• Like 2

There's a lot to criticise Kalos for, but it was the last region with at least some complex, well designed routes and dungeons. It almost feels like the moment they abandoned the grid-based maps, they forgot that locations can be more than just a straight line (and unfortunately that's not only a figure of speech). As someone who loved exploring the huge routes of Hoenn or the endless caves of Sinnoh, it's painful to see what the series has become.

• Like 1

This is so cute, but the raw version costs $6, no thanks

The creator has a lot of cute pixel art of anime scenes 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnP08jKvGrB/

We really need a 2D remake with Pokemon spawning in the overworld as sprites like this :smitten:

F8Lfyd1XgAA8WI6?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Magickarp said:

This is so cute, but the raw version costs $6, no thanks

The creator has a lot of cute pixel art of anime scenes 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnP08jKvGrB/

F8Lfyd1XgAA8WI6?format=jpg&name=large

omg this so cute but i dont know why ash and friends are in it:suburban:

not some incineroar hater responding to one of my reddit posts YEARS after i made just to fume at the furry icon :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.