Pokéthread

Mimie

7 hours ago, CBC said:

How did everyone enjoy poke SV? The game simply doesn't suck me in

I really didn’t. I got a replacement switch so have had to restart all Pokémon games and SV is the only one I haven’t started replaying yet, something was really missing. 

I know it’s a different franchise etc but after seeing the capabilities of open world on BOTW and the magnitude of that game released 5 years before….how lacklustre SV is, is just embarrassing, from the terrible design to short gameplay etc.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magickarp

• UnusualBoy

• thatsmydemi

• TaggedGalaxy

21 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

Now that we have all the "protean" starters in game: Cinderace, Meowcarada and Greninja. Which one do you think it's the best one competitive wise, design wise, etc?

Best competitive wise: Cinderace. He hits hard, has strong moves in PB, GS, HJK, DE and a good hazard and screens controller move

Most versatile: Greninja. Can run physical or special movepool or mixed and out of the three he has the wider movepool: ice, grass, poison, psychic, fighting, normal, bug, rock, ground, ghost.

My fave design wise: Greninja. A frog ninja, you can't get any better than that.

Greninja - GIF by TheBendyFandum on DeviantArt

All I know is that I am repulsed by everything Cinderace related. I hate that mon.

12 hours ago, CBC said:

How did everyone enjoy poke SV? The game simply doesn't suck me in

I really enjoyed it, but I'm kinda bored with it. I didn't even try to catch a Greninja :rip:

They need to hurry up with DLC.

Gholdy #2 with 43% usage, he's smashing :jonnycat: and probably the reason why GT usage is at over 50% rn.

Dnite still top 5, my yellow boy is slaying hard this gen :weeps:

Ninja #29 with only 4 days of usage :jonny5:

Azu, Pult, Chomp, Cinde & Scizor still doing their thing :clap3:  (Although I fear Scizor will drop to UU next month)

On 1/6/2023 at 10:10 AM, BambiStar said:

FINALLY got Technician Maushold from Tera Raid :wave:

Me when she reaches Lv. 53:

which one of y'all is Weedle, & stole this joke :bibliahh: 4:40

Dragonite: OU (#4)

Tyranitar: UU

Iron Thorns: UU

Salamence: UU (#7)

Roaring Moon: OU

Garchomp: OU

Hydreigon: UUBL

Iron Jugulis: UU

Baxcalibur: UUBL

------------------

Badra: NU

Badra always lowering the standards for pseudos :redface:

Edited by By the Water

Hi has the new anime started yet? Haven't watched it in years but I'm in the mood for something low-stakes/cute

-

Shroodle is CUTE!

just realised there's more "Voice Acting" in PLA, than SV, just because of the characters grunts :dies:

gallade.pngbeing higher tiered thangardevoir.pngis iconic. Even with megas i think Garde was always more viabile.

10 hours ago, By the Water said:

Dragonite: OU (#4)

Tyranitar: UU

Iron Thorns: UU

Salamence: UU (#7)

Roaring Moon: OU

Garchomp: OU

Hydreigon: UUBL

Iron Jugulis: UU

Baxcalibur: UUBL

------------------

Badra: NU

Badra always lowering the standards for pseudos :redface:

The Goodra slander and the Pult omission :rip: 

4 hours ago, Magickarp said:

just realised there's more "Voice Acting" in PLA, than SV, just because of the characters grunts :dies:

gallade.pngbeing higher tiered thangardevoir.pngis iconic. Even with megas i think Garde was always more viabile.

That only happened when Garde got the fairy typing, for comparison:

Gen IV: Gallade UUBL vs Garde NU

Gen V: Gallade RU vs Garde NU

Gen VI: Gallade RU vs Garde UU

Gen VI with Megas: Gallade UUBL vs Garde OU

Gen VII: Gallade PUBL vs Garde RU

Gen VII with megas: Gallade UUBL vs Garde UUBL

Gen VIII: Gallade PU vs Garde RU

Gen IX: Gallade UU vs Garde RU

The new ability really boosted his potential. Wish they would give Garde more useful abilities since the ones she currently has are very situational. Imagine Garde with psychic or misty terrain or let it have pixilate as HA :jonnycat:

Edited by UnusualBoy

The way Hatterene ended Garde :jonnycat:

31 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

The way Hatterene ended Garde :jonnycat:

Magic Bounce really made her superior, Garde's been left behind by Hagterene and Tapu Lele :'( 

James might've groomed me into being gay tbh :biblio: & now they're doing that same **** with Primarina, Inteleon, & Quaquaval :biblio: the gay agenda :biblio:

they're such ICONS :bibliahh: watching this is flashbacks to my childhood :weeps:

53 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Hatterene > Garde 

On 1/30/2023 at 12:45 AM, TaggedGalaxy said:

PLA aged like milk

the way u CONSISTENTLY manage to have the worst takes is :jonny5: how do u keep doing it :jonny5:

Love Iron Valiant but yeah Miss Hagtterene snatched Miss Gagarde ever since her debut. :kiss:

Also we need more Magic Guard Pokemon. I kinda forgot the Abra line had it for a minute. :deadbanana4:

We've never had a BugIC_Big.png slug/snail mon, & the 4 we do have do not share a type :rip:

goodra-hisui.pngmagcargo.pnggastrodon.pngwochien.png

The amount of 4X weak to GroundIC_Big.png mons that could easily have Levitate annoys me. PoisonIC_Big.pngRockIC_Big.png + Levitate is a surprisingly good defensive typing.

glimmora.pngnihilego.pngprobopass.pngmagnezone.pngironmoth.png

Also Snow 50% DEF boost, Aurora Veil halving dmg, Frostbite halving SPA... :jonny5: IceIC_Big.png deserved Frostbite :grump:

2 hours ago, Jessie Mulay said:

I am craving DLC announcement.. I don't know how much longer I can last.

Pokemon day 

16 hours ago, Magickarp said:

We've never had a BugIC_Big.png slug/snail mon, & the 4 we do have do not share a type :rip:

goodra-hisui.pngmagcargo.pnggastrodon.pngwochien.png

The amount of 4X weak to GroundIC_Big.png mons that could easily have Levitate annoys me. PoisonIC_Big.pngRockIC_Big.png + Levitate is a surprisingly good defensive typing.

glimmora.pngnihilego.pngprobopass.pngmagnezone.pngironmoth.png

Also Snow 50% DEF boost, Aurora Veil halving dmg, Frostbite halving SPA... :jonny5: IceIC_Big.png deserved Frostbite :grump:

Now that you mentioned it, they should've given Magnezone or Probopass levitate, they'd still have other weaknessess.

Also, GF should create an ability to reduce special attack, something like intimidate but for special attackers, that would change the meta for sure.

@Magickarp that's because snails aren't ''bugs'' (insects/arthropods) :skull:

btw OU, UU and RU all feel unplayable rn. 

OU because that cat is still on the loose, though at least they are (rightfully) suspecting it.

UU because of the recent Iron Hands drop. I actually haven't played it, but the overall sentiments are not promising. :skull:

RU because even though Haxorus and Lycandusk got rightfully banned, Cloyster is still there and unless you have a Slowbro or don't let it set up, which is much easier said than done, it is completely running over your team. :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, AMIT said:

@Magickarp that's because snails aren't ''bugs'' (insects/arthropods) :skull:

btw OU, UU and RU all feel unplayable rn. 

OU because that cat is still on the loose, though at least they are (rightfully) suspecting it.

UU because of the recent Iron Hands drop. I actually haven't played it, but the overall sentiments are not promising. :skull:

RU because even though Haxorus and Lycandusk got rightfully banned, Cloyster is still there and unless you have a Slowbro or don't let it set up, which is much easier said than done, it is completely running over your team. :deadbanana4:

When I saw you mentioned cat, I thought you meant the ugly Meowscarada lol. Chien Pao is for sure leaving, too many people have complained about it so I don't see it staying.

1 hour ago, UnusualBoy said:

When I saw you mentioned cat, I thought you meant the ugly Meowscarada lol. Chien Pao is for sure leaving, too many people have complained about it so I don't see it staying.

Yeah, I am pretty sure it is leaving as well. And we thank god for that. :gayorkcat1:

Greninja seems pretty good btw (again, haven't played it since we got it, but going off of what people said). Maybe I shouldn't have doubted him. :swan:

4 minutes ago, AMIT said:

Yeah, I am pretty sure it is leaving as well. And we thank god for that. :gayorkcat1:

Greninja seems pretty good btw (again, haven't played it since we got it, but going off of what people said). Maybe I shouldn't have doubted him. :swan:

Yeah, he's seeing nice usage and being a decent check to Dondozo, Garganacl, Tusk and some others will help him will give it a niche and now with Pelipper back in OU, those hydro pumps will hit like a truck.

Heard MeowSCATrada is dominating competitive. Good for ha. I might replay Violet with the fanmade mod with her as my starter.

2R2AdXL.gif

Moewscarada > Greninja & Cinderace

Sucker Punch, Flower Trick and Knock Off >>>>

:sorry: 

The ugly cat is only doing good right now because it’s her debut gen, wait till the nerf her like they did with Cinde and Ninja. She’ll probably lose knock off or sucker punch next gen or they’ll reduce the damage for FT like they did with Grassy Glide.

wugtrio-gif.484451 is so ******* useless. NewAbility: Moves always hit 3 times, but at 50% power

1 hour ago, DanceFreak said:

Heard MeowSCATrada is dominating competitive. Good for ha. I might replay Violet with the fanmade mod with her as my starter.

Compass? Or is there another difficulty hack? :lakitu:

This Quaquaval + Oricorio + Volcarona team I've come up with is low-key amazing :jonny5:

Tinkaton is an AMAZING supporter with thunder wave 

And Baxcallibur is also good :jonny4:

Who do you recommend as my last mon? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.