Pokéthread

Mimie

3 hours ago, EriKills said:

Towns are useless tbh.

More nature places to explore >>>> towns with filler NPC’s. 

Flat grass, a few ugly trees, caves that often lead to nothing but a single item, and Pokémon popping up every few feet is not better than civilization :toofunny3:

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magickarp

• UnusualBoy

• thatsmydemi

• TaggedGalaxy

3 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

I mean, SwSh had towns and you couldn't do **** in most of them only fight in the gym, leave and onto the next towns so I wouldn't mind if there aren't many.

True. It was always so anti-climatic when you reached a town and then couldn't do anything in it. The last one was the worst offense :toofunny2:

• ATRL Moderator
22 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Flat grass, a few ugly trees, caves that often lead to nothing but a single item, and Pokémon popping up every few feet is not better than civilization :toofunny3:

Speak on it!

22 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Well, it's not like you can't do much in civilization either if most of the doors are locked and the only places to enter are the gym and pokecenters :rip: 

With them stating this as the “first open world” in the series, it does seem like we probably won’t get that many cities and most likely more stuff to explore out in the open. I’m assuming those kiosks will serve as our pokecenter rest stops while we explore the region, and given that the legendaries are alluded to be rideable there will probably be a huge emphasis on exploration rather than the standard “battle the gyms” formula.

Idk I feel pretty excited about the game:clown: the mons so far look great, I noticed that you can see the texture of Lechonk’s hair similar to Seviper’s scales so I’m glad there’s some improvement happening somewhere. Miraidon grew on me immensely:hawkeye:

30 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Well, it's not like you can't do much in civilization either if most of the doors are locked and the only places to enter are the gym and pokecenters :rip: 

Aesthetically speaking, GF has done better at towns and cities than routes, especially for the Switch games. SwSh’s wild area and arguably all of Arceus was easy for them because they don’t put much out there to explore. Everything is just out there in the open for you and easily accessible. The towns and cities could definitely use more work in terms of what you can do and access, and I feel like GF would be more willing to work on that while being too lazy to expand on the field aspect of the games :rip:

Not y'all hating on towns and cities now too :rip: I need them in a Pokemon game, give me that history and world building. What I love about Hoenn was the fact you had big non-gym towns like Slateport and Lilycove that were weaved into in the anime and games - contests, etc. 

10 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

Not y'all hating on towns and cities now too :rip: I need them in a Pokemon game, give me that history and world building. What I love about Hoenn was the fact you had big non-gym towns like Slateport and Lilycove that were weaved into in the anime and games - contests, etc. 

Give me open world Hoenn with diving mechanics/space mechanics of Delta Episode and all the challenges and fun and braille of the OGs and graphics of Breath Of The Wild and I would probably never leave my house again.

I like the new pokemon Designs, but why the **** didnt they manage to AT LEAST keep up the graphics from Legend Arceus? Im a little sour that we're going back to SwSh level of animation and graphics tbh

As if anyone remembers the towns after they leave them when that story portion is over. How many times have y’all visited that fairy town in SwSh after you battle that old lady? I can barely even remember what half the towns names are :skull:

If the town serves no purpose then I’m ok with them limiting how many towns there are

This open world trend needs to die. They literally grabbed some of the terrains from SwSh and Arceus and pasted them into this game and called it a day. :deadbanana: I’d rather have routes and towns if every game moving forward is just going to have a beach, grass, snowy mountains and a cave. There’s 0 interesting design going on.

Edited by touchofmyhand

Y'all are doing too much, have some perspective. The graphics are literally comparable to Odssey.

Its a 5 year old game, but it's literally one of the most graphically impressive Swtich titles

Even if it won't run 60fps like Odyssey, it's still ******* impressive for GAMEFREAK and the Switch hardware

n1ResMH.jpg

14 hours ago, Chromatica said:

Didn't Silver sell more than Gold 

9 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

Isn't sapphire considered the second version? I could've sworn Ruby was always mentioned in front of Sapphire.

Oh wow you're right! Not only the originals but the remakes as well :gaycat6: Silver makes sense, but I'm surprised about Sapphire :clap3:

8 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

I mean, wasn't this the initial reaction with Sword and Shield? Everybody was gonna go for Shield and Sword ended up winning? 

I remember people mocking Zacian for holding the sword with her mouth and it's the current most used pokemon in VGC and hella broken by smogon rules :rip: 

People were mocking a dog with a sword in its mouth because it was an easy target. I don't remember the reception of Zamazenta being that positive, more indifferent. No publicity is bad publicity as they say and time was the ultimate truth teller in the end, so we'll wait and see :psych:

JPnog73.jpeg

• ATRL Moderator

Kyogre really is in a league of ha own, stunting on so many of the other lesser box legendaries I fear :wanda:

13 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

n1ResMH.jpg

Nawt it looking WORSE than a game released on 2002, this is so depressing :gaycat6:

38 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Y'all are doing too much, have some perspective. The graphics are literally comparable to Odssey.

Its a 5 year old game, but it's literally one of the most graphically impressive Swtich titles

Even if it won't run 60fps like Odyssey, it's still ******* impressive for GAMEFREAK and the Switch hardware

n1ResMH.jpg

The game on top is Sunshine not Odissey and it's from 2002 :toofunny2:

1 hour ago, CBC said:

The game on top is Sunshine not Odissey and it's from 2002 :toofunny2:

:toofunny3: a 20 year old game :toofunny3: 

I have a feeling the legendaries will be accessible fairly early on and will be able to be called on for transport. As you progress, they’ll be able to take on more transportation forms to traverse water, climb, fly etc. There are 4 logos depicted on the box art, so maybe a total of 4 different vehicle forms. 

The “pokémon centre” looking things around the region look like gas or power stations of some sort & we see an ad on one of them of a Qwilfish tire business. It’s giving the cool bike in Colosseum vibes. 

• ATRL Moderator
17 minutes ago, FOCK said:

I have a feeling the legendaries will be accessible fairly early on and will be able to be called on for transport. As you progress, they’ll be able to take on more transportation forms to traverse water, climb, fly etc. There are 4 logos depicted on the box art, so maybe a total of 4 different vehicle forms. 

The “pokémon centre” looking things around the region look like gas or power stations of some sort & we see an ad on one of them of a Qwilfish tire business. It’s giving the cool bike in Colosseum vibes. 

Man what I would give to get a proper third installment of Pokemon Colosseum :wanda:

Trolling aside, I spent months dragging PLA's graphics, and it's still my #1 Pokemon game. The gameplay is just too powerful.

SV Open World concept is amazing, & should be the future. So i hope it can pull through in the gameplay department. 

Battles are not looking good tho :clown: Voice Acting too :clown: Graphics could be masked if they had good art direction, but Ohmori.

Half the textures from 2022, the other from 2002 :deadbanana2: Artstyle mismatches everywhere :deadbanana2: Its like their variation of HD2D, but instead SD3D :toofunny3:

Before this trailer i thought SV could replace PLA at #1, but now i think #2 is more likely.

Also they don't need to make "new animations" (even though it was their reason for Dexit) for contact to happen. All PLA did was add a function that moves the model in a straight line axis towards the other model, when using a contact move. They could turn this on and off on whim, just like Following pkmn in SWSH. 

ark6.gif

The amount of Jurassic Mom and Tron Dad artworks I saw on Twitter. GameFreak really got people in a chokehold. :gaycat6:

holy Bertolli did Smoliv's evos leak??? :jonny3:

386.jpg 387.jpg

5 hours ago, Magickarp said:

n1ResMH.jpg

This has to be a drag right :deadvision:

Nobody should be impressed by a 2022 game that features graphics from 2006. It’s honestly crazy how pokemon games continue to be decades behind in technological advancements yet they’re one of the most profitable companies ever

those battle and UI clips serving HAG :deadbanana4:

i was positive after the slayage of arceus and really hoped we were gonna keep the overworld battles, catching mechanics, fresh feeling UI etc. but seeing that little piglet tackling the air really killed those hopes :rip: 

i am excited for the open world but just hope they actually invest in making the world seem alive, which they won’t since it’s gamefreak..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.