Boys Love

JonginBey

Tofu's story actually mirrors that of The Little Mermaid than The Little Prince tbh

Mermaid/teddy bear turned human falls in love but their loved one is already in love with someone else

There's even that symbolism with Tofu with the knife beside Tarn's hospital bed, just like how the mermaid was offered a knife to kill the prince so she can turn back into a mermaid

But in the end the mermaid/Tofu sacrifice themselves for their loved one and becomes foam/foams at the mouth

And their loved one moves on with the one they actually love while the mermaid/Tofu watch over them :'( 

• Replies 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dabunique

• Genius1111

• Nebur

• Katamari

Top Posters In This Topic

Story 1.0
Acting/Cast 1.5
Music 1.0
Rewatch Value 1.0

Depressing

Sad, sad, sad. Wasted 22.5 hours watching a depressing show. Nut used and abused Tofu. Tofu gave Nut true and beautiful love, support, and understanding when he needed it the most, and for what? I guess that life sometimes is not fair. 
I won’t even bother watching the ending. I like to watch bl’s vs regular shows because they are uplifting and they bring happiness to a few minutes of my life. I guess no this time.
I would love for them to release the books ahead of time, so we would know what we are getting into before starting to watch something that we wont enjoy. 
I guess depressing show for depressing times we live in. 

da meltdowns. I’m living 

DONT WATCH THIS SERIES ???

Now here’s the thing, the only good thing about this show was the damn dog and tofu. That’s it. Everything else was just a whole lot of wtf is going on and can we move on alr. Confusion after confusion just to give us the ending that would most likely cause everyone to lower their ratings. Personally, I would only recommend this show if you wanna get stop at ep 14 without checking any spoilers on the ending and just leaving it be. If not this is one can be skipped. Just watch YouTube snippets of the couples if you want the cute moments. 
I hope there isn’t a season 2 or even a spin-off cause of the way things were left, season 2 would just create more confusion. 
All in all this show has probably given us all the worst night ever. Hopefully, people read these reviews and stay well clear of this show.

WORST BL ENDING EVER !! TOXIC AND ABUSIVE 

where do I start ? TOFU deserves better.. nut was very abusive and he kept just taking the abuse and hurt but I chose to accept watching it because I think the two actors have amazing chemistry together... but really the ending really destroyed the show... tofu deserved so much more than to end up being a a teddy bear watching the person he loved be with someone else... taht is such a disgusting end for Tofu who did everything for everybody and deserved the world. Don't watch this if u hated the ending of MAKING OUR DAYS COUNT.. it crushes u even more than that. 

7 minutes ago, dabunique said:

DONT WATCH THIS SERIES ???

Now here’s the thing, the only good thing about this show was the damn dog and tofu. That’s it. Everything else was just a whole lot of wtf is going on and can we move on alr. Confusion after confusion just to give us the ending that would most likely cause everyone to lower their ratings. Personally, I would only recommend this show if you wanna get stop at ep 14 without checking any spoilers on the ending and just leaving it be. If not this is one can be skipped. Just watch YouTube snippets of the couples if you want the cute moments. 
I hope there isn’t a season 2 or even a spin-off cause of the way things were left, season 2 would just create more confusion. 
All in all this show has probably given us all the worst night ever. Hopefully, people read these reviews and stay well clear of this show.

WORST BL ENDING EVER !! TOXIC AND ABUSIVE 

where do I start ? TOFU deserves better.. nut was very abusive and he kept just taking the abuse and hurt but I chose to accept watching it because I think the two actors have amazing chemistry together... but really the ending really destroyed the show... tofu deserved so much more than to end up being a a teddy bear watching the person he loved be with someone else... taht is such a disgusting end for Tofu who did everything for everybody and deserved the world. Don't watch this if u hated the ending of MAKING OUR DAYS COUNT.. it crushes u even more than that. 

13 minutes ago, dabunique said:
Story 1.0
Acting/Cast 1.5
Music 1.0
Rewatch Value 1.0

Depressing

Sad, sad, sad. Wasted 22.5 hours watching a depressing show. Nut used and abused Tofu. Tofu gave Nut true and beautiful love, support, and understanding when he needed it the most, and for what? I guess that life sometimes is not fair. 
I won’t even bother watching the ending. I like to watch bl’s vs regular shows because they are uplifting and they bring happiness to a few minutes of my life. I guess no this time.
I would love for them to release the books ahead of time, so we would know what we are getting into before starting to watch something that we wont enjoy. 
I guess depressing show for depressing times we live in. 

da meltdowns. I’m living 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlLP_dTk5gpa-30SBCG66

I did feel bad for Tofu when Nut said that Tofu knew he couldn't compete with Tatarn in terms of wealth, popularity... :skull:

Anyway, It will be Tarn x Nut and the girlies will have to deal :bibliahh:

thecarterfilez  2 hours ago

The character of Nut :
Toxic
Abusive
Problematic
Gaslighter
Emotionally Destructive

blueberry_boy  3 hours ago

Did they really have to bring Tofu back as a teddy bear to make him watch the action between Nat and Tarn? bs

ClayAshton  5 hours ago

Watching your “boyfriend” everyday in the arms of another man must be their definition of a happy ending!!! Whew such a tough pill to swallow

Nauriya  VIP 6 hours ago

I would have gladly accepted a sad ending.

But them getting back together I can't accept.

Like I can't, I just can't

And imagine waking up and finding yourself about to get CREMATED

:deadbanana2:The writers really HATE Tofu

:deadbanana4: wow good thing I fell off and stopped watching every BL I-

TMOTB Part 1

I am pretty sure that Tarn and Tofu do not have the same soul. Tofu's soul was activated the day that Nut received the bear from him, and when Nut's tears fell onto it. Tarn was definitely still healthy and walking about for the 12 years since then.

The episode preview shown at the end of EP15 shows a healthy Tarn talking to Nut, so I have already accepted the fact that Tofu was going to sacrifice himself eventually. I am not going to be like (other) pressed Tofu stans, so I won't focus on that. 

1. While I was pretty sure that Song's father Anik wouldn't have accepted him for being a hunty right away, I was glad that Anik wasn't the extreme homophobe that is Type's father in Tharntype. [Both played by the same actor Kradum Thanayong. I think he has become better looking in TMOTB.]

2. I was expecting Gen to have do something bigger to prove himself to Anik, but that did not happen in the end.

3. I felt a little bothered that Gen/Song became a lot less visible in the final 2 or 3 episodes.

4. While I liked that the finale hinted at a blossoming GL couple involving Prib and the female customer, I felt that the girl could have been introduced earlier (maybe around EP13 or so). 

5. I feel that the show could have introduced more of Nut's colleagues, besides Gen/Prib/Jeau. It would have been more interesting.

6. I like that the deputy director of the school Parit made a final appearance at the party, and there was some sort of closure (or a cold "truce") between her and Nut.

Edited by Genius1111

TMOTB Part 2

7. I was hoping that TMOTB would have dwelled further into the fantasy/supernatural bits. The show never outright stated why Tofu had Neung's face. I guess it is intentional and it is meant to have viewers come up with their own interpretation. I am genuinely curious, however, to know whether the Tarn/Tofu connection is unique and a one-off or whether other people/objects in that universe can also have this strange connection.

8. The last minutes did not really give us a satisfactory closure regarding Saen, Jan and the TRD boss Ching. We just know that Tarn took over the house next door, but I was curious to know about their fates. Was Jan's role in poisoning Tofu ever revealed to the wider public?

9. Speaking of which, besides Jan and Saen, did Nut know that he and Tarn actually had common relatives before 2021? I had the feeling that they two exes were blissfully unaware of that fact.

10. The final minutes also did not feature Nut's mum Na. It was slightly disappointing, but it was to be expected given that it would detract from the "half happy ending".

Edited by Genius1111

TMOTB Part 3

11. The "proposal" by Tarn to Nut was certainly the weirdest one that I've ever watched.

12. Tofu (in his teddy bear form) getting out of his coffin was certainly weird. Like, how did he get that strength to push the coffin out of the furnace? How did the worker not notice a freaking coffin being moved out of the furnace???!! 

13. It took me a while to get used to the eyes of the talking furniture, and now Tofu the teddy bear is running down the street. What?!

_______

I don't mind a special episode to see how the relationship between Prib and the girl develops. At the same time it would be sad to see Na's health deteriorating due to her Alzheimer's.

Edited by Genius1111

TMOTB Part 4

For something completely different, the writer could consider a spin-off animated series involving the Tofu the bear and its adventures with the other pieces of furniture in the house. If it's going to be targeted at adults, all the homosexual and serious/sad elements can remain. If it's targeted at children, then Nut/Tarn could just be chummy neighbors with a bromance, and Na's health doesn't really decline that much.

Edited by Genius1111

On 4/30/2022 at 11:14 PM, DanyelP23 said:

He stole the twink supreme title from MetaWin for me.

On 4/30/2022 at 11:22 PM, Nebur said:

lol, for me Dunk and metawin are the best bottom visuals out there:jonny5: however winmetatin is still my winner

I like this random Metawin stanning on Pg 31. :gaycat1:

(Can't believe that it has not even been 3 months since I watched 2gether [my first BL from Thailand], and now I've finished 8 or 9 Thai BLs.)

The abomination that was the finale of TMOTB still had a few good scenes

24 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

Girlies please use spoiler tag :deadbanana4:

This. Everything has been spoiled, and I still had 6 episodes left. Headed to my Dropped list, I guess.

i'm gonna miss Teddy Bear

planning to launch the BL King rate this week, in time for the base's 2md anniversary. hopefully i won't be busy with work and the national election coming up

For the first 15 episodes of TMOTB, the ratings per episode on MDL was between 8.0 and 8.8. For the finale, it was 5.9. I can't say that it is an undeserving score.

26 minutes ago, touya kinomoto said:

planning to launch the BL King rate this week, in time for the base's 2md anniversary. hopefully i won't be busy with work and the national election coming up

Woot Woot

Elikoy was busy this weekend for dat election

I just finished TharnType 2's special wedding episode/movie, and it was a lot better than I had expected. I actually enjoyed it. [Expectations were low to begin with though.]

The wedding ceremony itself felt cheap. Also, Thorn's wife disappeared totally in this epilogue.

Happy to see Haii Sarunsathorn as Cirrus again. He's as handsome as Ja Pachara but his character was really underused. [At least he's finally appearing in another BL.] Also glad to see that there's progress in the ChampDoc ship. The random insertion of LeoFiat was weird, but expected given that it was a minor promo for Don't Say No.

Edited by Genius1111

Haii is so hot. :gaycat1:

Having said that, the Chinatown backdrop looks really tacky. I don't remember the real Chinatown (Yaowarat) in Bangkok looking like that. 

I finished Not Me a few days and it was a terrific show acting-wise [superb chemistry between the actors] and for the topics discussed. It must be noted that Thailand ranks rather low in terms of media freedom to begin with. Perhaps I am over-estimating the the country's supposed lack of freedom, but I am genuinely surprised at how direct the show is in terms of mentioning how corrupt Thai society is.

My biggest peeve was how they resolved the issue of the boys after being captured. Apparently, it was inspired by a real life event. From a viewer's perspective, it looked slightly awkward as the bad guys in the van could have driven off quickly, given that the number of protestors was rather small. I was fully expecting a more dramatic showdown just before the guys got saved, so I felt that the resolution fell rather flat.  

Another thing that bothered me was that Black and Todd being so kind to each other that they never dared to truly finish each other off. I found it incredulous that Black could be having a nice little chat with Todd after Todd tried to drown him. Similarly, Black managed to beat Todd into a coma and leave the premises relatively unharmed. I suppose Black/Todd were meant to contrast White/Sean's game where they would catch the other when one falls. It's just that Black/Todd's "games" had far higher stakes.

The mission to dump the bitterant into the containers was also dumb, and I was surprised that the gang did not try to stop Sean from his dumb plan. He failed to consider the fact that QC would be done and that if a few bottles had been found to be too bitter, entire batches would have been tossed out to begin with. 

Edited by Genius1111

Other comments relating to Not Me:

1. Genuinely disappointed that Black/Gram did not materialize, like in the original novel. When Eugene said that the "G" represented Gene, I was rolling my eyes. 

2. Eugene and Namo are cute girls and I wish they had shown us more of their interactions. And seriously, they could have been a cute GL couple. 

3. Nuch was an interesting character and she should have been featured more.

4. Same thing with Gumpa. He was like a father figure and I did not feel like I knew him well.

5. Yok was rather invisible at the start and seemed so one-dimensional. He turned out to be a wonderfully complex character and the writers did a great disservice by not utilizing him more at the start. 

6. The scenes when the guys were jumping over the buildings and the water were cringy.

_______

7. Disappointed that White/Black's parents hardly appeared later on. I was wondering whether they tried to communicate after White disappeared from his dad's home, and whether the dad was aware of the fact that Black was in a coma for a period of time. Did White's dad essentially gave up on White after he disappeared? It would have also been nice if they had reconciled.

8. Did White start his new job at the ministry? If yes, did his dad try to look for him? I assumed that White eventually did, since he was back to his old-self, wearing nice clothes and glasses again. 

9. If White had indeed started his job at the ministry, it would have been great to feature that guy he had talked to during the interview. It would have been nice to see another intellectual discussion between the two of them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.