Killing Eve: The Complete Series [Series Finale Panned]

Assassin

People are overreacting because it wasn't happy. It was rushed but not anywhere near GOT or Dexter.

I'm gonna watch the finale later, but the series has been rathe dull so I'm not expecting much from it.

It's not as egregiously bad as Dexter or GOT but everything after S2 has been garbaj. I don't think this show even qualifies as a 'cult hit' anymore.

Pheobe Waller-Bridge really said this is going to be a one season wonder. Poor @Villanelle

Edited by DoctorIce

Spoiler

I knew Villanelle & Eve weren't gonna get their happy ending but the way they went about it was so ugly. If either of them were going to die, I was hoping that they both would :toofunny3:

Who were the 12? What was their actual goal? Was Carolyn the leader of the 12 or was it one of the random extras Villanelle killed in the last 3 minutes? What was the point in all of the new characters they introduced only to immediately kill them off? Why does Carolyn want to kill Villanelle when MI6 don't claim her anymore? This season left me with more questions than it answered. A mess :toofunny3:

14 hours ago, DoctorIce said:

It's not as egregiously bad as Dexter or GOT but everything after S2 has been garbaj. I don't think this show even qualifies as a 'cult hit' anymore.

Pheobe Waller-Bridge really said this is going to be a one season wonder. Poor @Villanelle

I agree. They absolutely destroyed the whole show with the finale (and the third season more or less). I haven't watched it and not planning to. They should have ended with S2.

8 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

I agree. They absolutely destroyed the whole show with the finale (and the third season more or less). I haven't watched it and not planning to. They should have ended with S2.

Random but seeing your old Villanelle profile pic/username on here often is what made me check it out in the first place. :toofunny2: Promo works. 

Yeah, this was a flop.

The fact there's still so much they left unanswered too. :deadbanana4:

13 hours ago, Stardom said:
  Hide contents

I knew Villanelle & Eve weren't gonna get their happy ending but the way they went about it was so ugly. If either of them were going to die, I was hoping that they both would :toofunny3:

Who were the 12? What was their actual goal? Was Carolyn the leader of the 12 or was it one of the random extras Villanelle killed in the last 3 minutes? What was the point in all of the new characters they introduced only to immediately kill them off? Why does Carolyn want to kill Villanelle when MI6 don't claim her anymore? This season left me with more questions than it answered. A mess :toofunny3:

Spoiler

Literally all of this. Carolyn killing Villanelle only makes sense in a world where she was the one who killed Kenny. I guess Villanelle is the next best thing as Konstantin was already dead? 

I can't believe they tried to cram in so much cozy Eve/Villanelle development in the final episode when it feels like they barely had enough screen time together until now. All the scenes in the Bothy were such a waste of time and too late. Then to have The 12, who have been hyped up for years, get reduced to an anonymous 60 second murder montage. I have to laugh. 

22 hours ago, DoctorIce said:

Random but seeing your old Villanelle profile pic/username on here often is what made me check it out in the first place. :toofunny2: Promo works. 

Yet I haven't received any cheque from BBC :mad:

Haven’t finished S4 yet but it seems like the idea of changing head writers every season was executed terribly and created a downfall. On paper it sounds like an interesting concept but as usual shows where they make it up as they go along and have no long term plan never work out. :katie:

i didn't really enjoy the first three episodes from season 4, but after that it was really good. The only thing i hate about the finale is that it was rushed. I knew from the start that they will do this, i mean come on, it was obvious 

Spoiler

that Eve and V would not get an happy ending. It was sad that it was rushed and such a basic way to die...

And I oop... ending PANNED by the author too.

Literally the worst series finale I have ever watched. Dexter's first Series Finale seems like a Masterpiece close to this lol

On 4/18/2022 at 12:56 PM, rooby.booby said:

i didn't really enjoy the first three episodes from season 4, but after that it was really good. The only thing i hate about the finale is that it was rushed. I knew from the start that they will do this, i mean come on, it was obvious 

Hide contents

that Eve and V would not get an happy ending. It was sad that it was rushed and such a basic way to die...

They literally end up happy together in the book lmao

It doesn’t even matter that Oksana died, it’s the way how it happened. It was a giant middle finger to the audience and based on interviews, the show runner for season 4 is incredibly incompetent and has absolutely no clue who these characters are and what the viewers enjoy about them.

this shouldn’t even have run for four seasons anyways, but that being said, every decision made after season 2 was embarrassing and a huge display of stars aligning to **** up one of the potentially greatest shows ever. Forgetting Eve, your main character for starts (Sandra deserved so much better), focusing on Oksana when she only was a highlight because we didn’t see her that much, the failed attempts to build up a “will they won’t they” when we all knew they would sooner or later, the sheer lack of any plot resolution regarding The Twelve and the mind-boggling way that concluded, Carolyn not dying and getting more backstory than Eve…

this is probably the best example of a show with a perfect first season that was ****** up beyond comprehension since The Walking Dead. Everyone involved should feel bad. 

the KILLING in the series title is about Eve becoming Killing Eve, not about killing her. This entire show was supposed to about a woman who thought she was content with the “normal” life she was living, based on tradition and comfort, being ripped out of it by a female energy that matches her internal instinct. Not understanding that Eve and Oksana are one and the same, that Eve has the same instincts as Oksana does but has buried them, only for them to be lurked out by this mysterious assassin… THAT is the entire idea of the novel and first season. There are NO traces of that in the last few episodes.

really a shame all around 

The season was kinda boring but holy **** that finale was TERRIBLE, one of the worst ever

The show went downhill after the first season so fast

Finished and I have to say while the ending was extremely disappointing, I really enjoyed the season and will miss this show :monkey:

• 3 weeks later...

A little late to the party but I'm laying here in bed fuming.

That horrible sh!tty ending...×*#*#&#<+>!&@*@&$*#,$*#&# whoever wrote that ending. My god. They can ROT!!!!!!! :mad:

Edited by justjess

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.