• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

Upgrading to an OLED about 2 years ago was lifechanging for handheld gameplay. I'm gonna be so disappointed when the Switch 2 inevitably goes back to the LCD screen :emofish:

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Kern said:

Upgraded to OLED for this game (Zelda) so it better be good

Zelda will be amazing. And we're unofficially getting Switch 2 News imminently :duca: 

On 9/15/2024 at 10:44 PM, Rence said:

If nothing will be revealed this week or the next I will destroy my TOTK cartridge :jonnycat:

Nintendo listened.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eternium said:

Nintendo listened.

Oh I've been following the leaks for a while hence my recent clowning :WAP:

3 hours ago, Kern said:

So is there a chance for the new system to debut in the first quadrant of 2025?

Nintendo only said they will reveal it this fiscal year. So the announcement can be anytime from now until the end of March 2025.

2 hours ago, Rence said:

I want to believe in the recent hardware leak :jonnycat:

The serial code matches as do a significant number of the registered mechanics. It could just be a mock-up based on pre-released info, but I wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo leaked this in advance to get early (and free) PR. 

But I'm a firm believer that most leaks are just pre-release advertisements to hardcore fans. 

@feelslikeadream It might be time to change the thread title and summon all the Nintendivas :duca: 

We could be getting news for a Direct tomorrow and then a broader reveal at the Tokyo Game Show next week :duca: 

• ATRL Moderator
6 minutes ago, Eternium said:

@feelslikeadream It might be time to change the thread title and summon all the Nintendivas :duca: 

We could be getting news for a Direct tomorrow and then a broader reveal at the Tokyo Game Show next week :duca: 

Oh, I'm monitoring the situation closely and will update when we have news....

That said, they better not pull all attention away from Echoes of Wisdom with Switch 2 news :angry:

The hardware leaks... USB-C ports on the top and bottom. Switch Vers. :jonny5:

Imagine if they sold small second screens to plug into the top for DS/3DS ports

• Like 1

it's such a weird decision to not announce it after Echoes of Wisdom (their last big release)

they just have to wait 10 more days; what's the rush?

So are we expecting something to actually happen within the next couple days? Or is it just that people are excited now because of the alleged leak? Personally, I still don't see a reason for them to announce it now and thus hurt the Switch's final holiday season instead of just waiting until January, but I'll happily be proven wrong.

1 hour ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

So are we expecting something to actually happen within the next couple days? Or is it just that people are excited now because of the alleged leak? Personally, I still don't see a reason for them to announce it now and thus hurt the Switch's final holiday season instead of just waiting until January, but I'll happily be proven wrong.

I absolute agree with this. It's clear Nintendo wants the switch to be the console of the 2024 holiday season, and it seems weird for them to announce the next gen right before everyone is getting ready to holiday shop. 

I do know that the switch had a similar rollout (announced in October) but it was following the Wii U and wasn't going to make a dent in sales, meanwhile the switch is a power seller. 

new 3D mario is all I ask with the Switch 2 release and I'll be satisfied.

people say AC is out of the question but tbh I wouldn't be surprised if it's announced with switch 2. yes there was 8 years between New Leaf and New Horizons but at the time AC wasn't a priority for Nintendo. the AC team also had to work on Plaza, Happy Home Designer, Amiibo Festival, New Leaf Amiibo, Pocket Camp ... etc in the meantime.

and none of them were as fruitful as the 45 million copies of New Horizons. 

14 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

new 3D mario is all I ask with the Switch 2 release and I'll be satisfied.

people say AC is out of the question but tbh I wouldn't be surprised if it's announced with switch 2. yes there was 8 years between New Leaf and New Horizons but at the time AC wasn't a priority for Nintendo. the AC team also had to work on Plaza, Happy Home Designer, Amiibo Festival, New Leaf Amiibo, Pocket Camp ... etc in the meantime.

and none of them were as fruitful as the 45 million copies of New Horizons. 

I think the Splatoon team are the same team that work on Animal Crossing, so that's another reason why the gap between New Leaf & New Horizons was so large. And it makes sense why they stopped supporting NH in late 2021 to shift gears to Splatoon 3.

I agree that they're going to really prioritize the next AC game after the response to NH and it'll likely come out earlier in the next console's life cycle than NH did, but I don't expect it to be a launch title coming so close off of Splatoon 3's ongoing content just now starting to sunset. As much as I'd love to see it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.