Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

16 hours ago, Attitude said:

Platinum Games has been doing really bad lately. That dragon game of theirs got cancelled and the last major game they released was being given out for free after it flopped. The last thing they need is bad press before the latest release of their only moderately successful franchise. :lmao:

This is probably one of their best years since becoming a studio. Bayo 3 is sold out everywhere and will do at least 1.5M WW. Sol Cresta did well for a budget title. Sure Babylon’s Fall bombed, but NieR is literally smashing still and Bayonetta 1 got a physical reprint that sold out. The only years that can compete are when NieR initially released and when it went multi-plat (2017 & 2018).

11 hours ago, Subomie said:

The voice acting made for a lot of the charm that got me into Bayo initially. Sad that happened to her, won't be picking up a copy of 3 immediately.

Might grab a used copy down the line if I really want to play.

I wouldn’t skip it over this drama until we know the full issue. Hideki Kamiya had other issues with the VA and he made that clear with his first Tweet. The pay was part of them probably fighting to get her out. And my guess is negotiations just ended between them all which is why she’s just now coming out.

9 hours ago, Pop pop123 said:

Nintendo/Monolith Soft paid Jenna Coleman (The Sandman, Doctor Who), Harry Loyd (Game of Thrones), and Kit Connor (Heartstopper hi hi) to be in Xenoblade 3. These are major actors :deadbanana:.

Paying/Money isn’t a problem.

Platinum Games pays, but yeah, Nintendo would have easily forked over another million for Bayonetta 3. I think it’s pretty clear that Hideki and the VA had serious beef.

7 hours ago, arceus said:

:WAP:  Her tweet has gathered so much attention, even my non-nintendo fan friends sent me the tweet. 

And that guy from PlatinumGames just deleted his Twitter? We love to see it :wanda:

He got banned for blocking so many people. Hideki is a notorious dick, but it’s not like the VA didn’t know that before working with him.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

Just noticed Triangle Strategy was on sale and grabbed it for my new Switch Lite :gaycat3: How do people feel about it who have played it? Did the voice acting get any better than the very bad original demo?

Also finally saw the trailer for Octopath 2 and I’m curious as to whether it’ll be a deeper experience with more integrated stories this time. The trailer didn’t really give that impression but I swear I saw someone online saying it would be.

5 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

I've heard Auto is less repetitive too, which is good. To be fair, I didn't find Rep to be that bad because I actually found it pretty easy, so it didn't feel bad/grindy to replay, since you at least get some interesting changes each time. And then the final playthrough (Ending E) is entirely different.

Since you liked Auto, are you planning to play Rep? :lakitu: The story and characters are so good. I honestly think playing it right before XC3 was a mistake since I naturally compared them, to XC3's detriment :gaycat6:

Yuh it goes Ending (A) - (B) - (CDE) :lakitu:  

I don't have a platform to play Rep on :dies: + Automata spoils a lot from it apparently. I kept comparing Auto to XC3 too :deadbanana:

5 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

Just noticed Triangle Strategy was on sale and grabbed it for my new Switch Lite :gaycat3: How do people feel about it who have played it? Did the voice acting get any better than the very bad original demo?

VA is still pretty bad, mainly the protag. But u get used to it :dies: Triangle Strategy is one of my fave games ever tho. The combat is incredibly addicting, & the story is great.

Nier Automata is one of the best games on the PS4. My boyfriend practically forced me to buy it and I wasn’t disappointed. Masterpiece. Played it all 3 times I needed to and would play again in a heartbeat. May even get it on switch as I heard it runs well

I'll cosign the Automata praise. Avoided it for a long time but was finally convinced to pick it up on PS4 last year and it blew me away. Genuinely affecting stuff.

I've kinda spoiled myself on Nier Replicant / Automata, but not in their entireties, so I'm still tempted to buy at least Automata for Switch sometime. Forgot P5 was already coming too... definitely wanna check out a Persona game finally but may need to relegate it to like, a Christmas gift or something nn.

The Bayo 3 news is super disappointing. I feel like most people trying to act like "I support the voice actress, but, well we don't know behind the scenes what's going on something seems fishy I'm buying the game anyway" just want to try and give themselves some moral superiority in still wanting to buy the game nsidhsiohds you can just say you're still gonna get the game without trying to retcon the issues with Hellena. Because it's pretty likely they were being shady and pushing her out by offering her a laughably low rate to get Jennifer onboard. Oh well. Conflicted because I still really want Bayo 3 and will still probably get it...

I hate SMT games, but I'm tempted to buy into the hype and get P5 :gaycat6:

Not the controversy making the game sell even more. :clap3: Congrats Hellena on promoting the game and make people know that a new Bayonetta game is going to be released soon.

When Bayonetta 3 comes out and we only play as Bayonetta for 30 minutes and the rest of the game is Cereza, the little Helenators will be looking STUPID. Also, not Helena leaking the Jeanne spin off game? 

:jonny5:Thanks for the tea Queen.

On 10/16/2022 at 3:34 PM, Rence said:

The speculation is that Platinum wanted Jennifer to be the VA for Bayo 3 but they were in a contractual obligation with Helena so they gave her an offer they knew she would refuse.

Japanese corporations have a ridiculous way of “firing” people :rip:

That makes no sense by Helena's own admission because if she was obliged to get the role, she wouldn't have to re-audition for the role (which she passed considering Platinum gave her an offer to play the role).

There's obviously a lot more to this story, but people want to believe that Helena is the good guy, and Platinum/Nintendo are the big evil because that's simple. Obviously, video game voice acting is underpaid and flawed, but something about this story is off. The timing, the figures... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we play the game and there's a story reason why she would only get paid $4k for her role if its limited for a story reason. I just hope she manages to make it through this considering I doubt she'll get video game work anymore, and she seemed really hurt by all of this. It's sad. 

All this drama for a trash game series

FakeWellmadeComet-max-1mb.gif

Not the lady that lied about bayo being a huge money maker, dragging her fellow VA (that got paid more than her hihi), requesting a boycott putting several people's jobs at jeopardy turning out to be a TERF :rip:

will be buying 3 copies now

2 hours ago, Spark said:

When Bayonetta 3 comes out and we only play as Bayonetta for 30 minutes and the rest of the game is Cereza, the little Helenators will be looking STUPID. Also, not Helena leaking the Jeanne spin off game? 

:jonny5:Thanks for the tea Queen.

I mean, I hope that is true. I love Jeanne and having a spin off for her would be a dream.

But she also said Bayonetta made over $450,000,000 without merch, so I have my doubts. :rip:

6 hours ago, lovecatt said:

Not the lady that lied about bayo being a huge money maker, dragging her fellow VA (that got paid more than her hihi), requesting a boycott putting several people's jobs at jeopardy turning out to be a TERF :rip:

will be buying 3 copies now

I looked it up and it’s actually true :rip:

This situation is a rollercoaster :rip: poor miss Bayo

Jennifer Hale is a legend, sucks that she's caught in this crossfire...

I dunno. I think Hellena is obviously a bit of a weird character, and holds some pretty unsavory views too, but her dissatisfaction is still very much valid. Honestly, what puts me off of this game more than anything on the VA side is probably Kamiya himself. What a colossal dick. :skull:

8 hours ago, Rainy Devil said:

I mean, I hope that is true. I love Jeanne and having a spin off for her would be a dream.

But she also said Bayonetta made over $450,000,000 without merch, so I have my doubts. :rip:

I think she calculated it by adding up the sales of all the games and multiplying it the cost of the games at full price (e.g. $60). But... like Bayonetta 1 was infamous for having a price cut early on and the Vanquish/Bayo re-release was like $20 :rip:, and even though Bayonetta is always $60 on Nintendo, I think the franchise has sold the most of Steam. So yeah, her figures are very inaccurate. 

12 hours ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

All this drama for a trash game series

FakeWellmadeComet-max-1mb.gif

So trash taste in Pokemon DOES translate to other takes. :bird:

35 minutes ago, Heldenzeit said:

So trash taste in Pokemon DOES translate to other takes. :bird:

I stan Eicon don't try it

3.thumb.gif.576b9b32bb443c23c525080d9a1d

28 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

I stan Eicon don't try it

3.thumb.gif.576b9b32bb443c23c525080d9a1d

Lemme have my quick lil funny moment! :bird:

2 hours ago, M André said:

Omg Digimon world next order getting a new version for switch next year :ghostface:

Merp I bought it on ps4 on sale after avoiding it for years (I strongly dislike tamagotchi style games) and played it for an hour, then never went back. 

I have loved every digimon game since world 3 but I can  just never get into these feed/flush/train by tapping A style games (whether it’s a video game or a vpet). I don’t really get the appeal. If they change it up enough for switch maybe I’ll dip again but probably not. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.