Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

9 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Just went through an hour long boss rush where i couldn't save, & when i finally finished, the game crashed:bibliahh: 

I've had 3 insufferable crashes so far, and this is deffo the WORST eOAHxxO.png

I sided with that VA in the first vid, especially cuz i followed a certain anime VA drama and know how little they're paid. But the more i watched her vids the less i did :rip: Why is she attacking Jennifer Hale? :rip: "She's not the voice of Bayonetta. I created that voice. She has no right to sign merchandise as Bayonetta." There's a lot of EGO in that statement :rip: She called Hale a "new girl" too like :toofunny3: Hale's IMDB page has 200 credits, and Taylor's has 20 :toofunny3: in her 20 year career she could only book 20 jobs :toofunny3: 

Heck Sean Chiplock who also has 200 credits, voiced Revali & 2 others in BOTW, and was paid only $2000 :rip: Why does miss "I trained with famous people!" think she deserves more than your standard VA? :rip: i agree VA's need to be paid more, but something feels off with this. Her whole argument plays on emotions, & cancel culture rather than perspective facts.

Then her comparing nurses needing to go to food banks to feed their kids, to herself sitting at home next to her mic recording lines, & emailing them. :toofunny3: I mean she retired from VA 8 years ago, it's clearly not her main source of income anymore, why is she acting like this offer made her poor & suicidal :toofunny3:

Then her false claim that Bayonetta made $450,000,000 without merch :rip: I don't like defending a billion dollar company hurr durr, but it def seems like there's more going on here.

Yeah, she lost me when she randomly came for Jennifer. What she said was so bitchy. Yes, she did a good job voicing Bayonetta but she is not Bayonetta and did not create her. Who the hell she think she is to gatekeep the character? :rip:

I'll get Bayonetta as I planned. Good luck to her tho. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

dd I forgot about she said bayo made 450M in sales

like girl :skull: those games sell nothing 

5 hours ago, M André said:

Platinum lied and she's right to call them out on it. :katie:

Anyways, do nintendo fans even boycott games? swsh sold liki hotcakes and that's the last game with a big controversy :ducky:

Well the games barley scan wood as is so I’ll say that this is pretty bad. Not because of the actual protest but because people are gonna be afraid to touch the game online. 

Since the game is so niche, it could’ve used the boost/promo in NA from streamers and YouTubers and whatnot. So it’ll be forgotten after the diehards get it first week. 

(To be honest I wasn’t expecting this game to sell that well in the first place so I made peace with this being the last game a while ago. This just feels like the final nail in the coffin.) 

10 hours ago, M André said:

Nintendo won't delay anything, they will blacklist her lbr:whistle:

This. Arrogant Sony and Nintendo are back in full force this gen. :spin:

Platinum Games has been doing really bad lately. That dragon game of theirs got cancelled and the last major game they released was being given out for free after it flopped. The last thing they need is bad press before the latest release of their only moderately successful franchise. :lmao:

P5 is so gorgeous. How can a game be this beautiful? Even the UI is a masterpiece :WAP:

39 minutes ago, DanceFreak said:

P5 is so gorgeous. How can a game be this beautiful? Even the UI is a masterpiece :WAP:

When u installed did u get "Invalid NCA"? I know it's probs cuz of a XCI to NSP conversion, but i just wanna be safe :toofunny3: or did u find a XCI file :lakitu:

I hope SV works on FW14.0 cuz i am NOT looking forward to updating it again :toofunny3: the way i've updated so many times, but every time i finally need to, i forget everything :toofunny3:

6 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Did you play the first one? The story is so depressing, but I actually loved how every side story didn't have some cheesy happy ending :gaycat6:

I did not, but i'm loving the side quests in NierA too. They're kinda painful tbh  :gaycat6: even though they're mostly fetch quests, the plot on most of them make it worth it. Did u play NierA? Cuz

9S is everything Noah should've been

5 hours ago, Rainy Devil said:

Yeah, she lost me when she randomly came for Jennifer. What she said was so bitchy. Yes, she did a good job voicing Bayonetta but she is not Bayonetta and did not create her. Who the hell she think she is to gatekeep the character? :rip:

I'll get Bayonetta as I planned. Good luck to her tho. 

I think she meant the new VA just basically copied how she voiced Bayonetta like her tone, quirk and attitude. Character voice also plays important part in the presentation tho. 

Edited by newuser

6 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

When u installed did u get "Invalid NCA"? I know it's probs cuz of a XCI to NSP conversion, but i just wanna be safe :toofunny3: or did u find a XCI file :lakitu:

I hope SV works on FW14.0 cuz i am NOT looking forward to updating it again :toofunny3: the way i've updated so many times, but every time i finally need to, i forget everything :toofunny3:

I used an NSP file :gaycat1: I'm on 14 ams too and don't really have plans to update for now. You can use dbi to bypass those FW requirements :gaycat1:

1 hour ago, newuser said:

I think she meant the new VA just basically copied how she voiced Bayonetta like her tone, quirk and attitude. Character voice also plays important part in the presentation tho. 

The new VA is doing the same character, obviously she's trying to keep as close as the original. 

I find quite suspicious how this drama is out just now, one week prior to the release basically, and not when people were really asking why the VA changed. 

suspicious-weird.gif

Edited by KaledKalil

The voice acting made for a lot of the charm that got me into Bayo initially. Sad that happened to her, won't be picking up a copy of 3 immediately.

Might grab a used copy down the line if I really want to play.

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, Attitude said:

Platinum Games has been doing really bad lately. That dragon game of theirs got cancelled and the last major game they released was being given out for free after it flopped. The last thing they need is bad press before the latest release of their only moderately successful franchise. :lmao:

Tea. They better hurry up with Astral Chain 2 and 3 before they go out of business :gaycat7:

5 hours ago, Magickarp said:

I did not, but i'm loving the side quests in NierA too. They're kinda painful tbh  :gaycat6: even though they're mostly fetch quests, the plot on most of them make it worth it. Did u play NierA? Cuz

Reveal hidden contents

9S is everything Noah should've been

I haven't! I only just played NieR Replicant a few months ago, so I'm waiting a little while before jumping into Automata (which I'm likely going to play on my PS5). I had to beat the first one like 5 times for the platinum trophy and I'm not ready for another game like that just yet :toofunny2:

The speculation is that Platinum wanted Jennifer to be the VA for Bayo 3 but they were in a contractual obligation with Helena so they gave her an offer they knew she would refuse.

Japanese corporations have a ridiculous way of “firing” people :rip:

The boycott part is embarrassing. No one's going to do it + those claiming to do so are either people who weren't planning on buying the game in the first place or those who're just lying to feel better about their internet persona LMAO.

Also her psychotic take on how Jennifer isn't allowed to pretend she's Bayonetta.:deadbanana:

Hellena should have been paid way more (iconic voice tbh) but the way she's acting about this is very unprofessional and maybe Platinum wanted to replace her precisely because she had acted unprofessional before? If so they were proven right but they didn't manage the situation properly AT ALL. 

:WAP:  Her tweet has gathered so much attention, even my non-nintendo fan friends sent me the tweet. 

And that guy from PlatinumGames just deleted his Twitter? We love to see it :wanda:

When I said NO to buying Bayonetta 3, @znake threatened to report me. Now here we are. Truly ahead of my time.

spacer.png

People are still going to buy the game regardless if Hellena is voicing her or not. Does the situation suck, and so I emphasize with her? Of course. Am I still buying the game? Yes. 

Her weird biblical rant towards the end was really weird too. 

Has anyone here used both an OLED Switch and a Switch Lite? Wondering for handheld gaming if the OLED screen really is all that, or whether the sharpness of the smaller Lite screen and the much lower weight are better despite the lack of OLED quality. I was going to get a Steam Deck but a bunch of games I would have played are unsupported. I just want something to play some JRPGs (Oninaki, I Am Setsuna, Octopath, that kind of thing) entirely handheld and I’m worried that I’d just never use the OLED in handheld mode because I never use my regular Switch that way (I strongly preferred the Lite for handheld gaming when I had one).

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Pop pop123 said:

Nintendo/Monolith Soft paid Jenna Coleman (The Sandman, Doctor Who), Harry Loyd (Game of Thrones), and Kit Connor (Heartstopper hi hi) to be in Xenoblade 3. These are major actors :deadbanana:.

Paying/Money isn’t a problem.

What the— I had no idea Kit was in XC3 :eek: I can't find who he played though. IMDB just says "other".... Do you know?

He's also voicing Lucas in the new Plague Tale, wow :WAP:

I think she's completely right on her take. It's not that she's gatekeeping the character, she is the character, she's a very important part of what made Bayonetta Bayonetta, the new actress is basically working on her hard work, style and performance to do her so I would be pressed and mad too (not that it's the fault of the new actress, but you know what I mean).

I honestly cannot fathom why a studiowould think people are going to be more inclined or are going to go running to buy a video game because of a voice actor. Like most people don't even look at credits or anything of the sort, let alone know anything about VAs. Should have paid her what she deserved instead of pulling this shitty move on her :rip: And that japanese guy from Platinum is a cretin

2 hours ago, arceus said:

And that guy from PlatinumGames just deleted his Twitter? We love to see it 

No, twitter just thought he was a bot because he kept blocking all the accounts that rquoted him :deadbanana4:

Finished Nier Automata & i cannot recommend it enough :jonny5: i can't say much without giving away the plot, but the game is literally ART :jonny5: It's dark, & intensely philosophical without the philosobabble of XC3. The opening sequence is the hardest part of the game so just set it to Easy mode :toofunny3: 

Now on to Persona 5 :matty:

5 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

I haven't! I only just played NieR Replicant a few months ago, so I'm waiting a little while before jumping into Automata (which I'm likely going to play on my PS5). I had to beat the first one like 5 times for the platinum trophy and I'm not ready for another game like that just yet :toofunny2:

I can't wait till u get into it :jonny5: i just looked up Rep & Auto comparisons & apparently Rep's story is better, but Auto's gameplay is better. INCHteresting :lakitu: I also saw that the "replay" routes in Auto are far less repetitive than Rep. There's lesser than 5 too :lakitu: Since i never played Rep i can't compare, but I rarely ever replay games, & Auto does a very good job of making things different. And replaying this was so ******* worth it :jonny5:

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Magickarp said:

I can't wait till u get into it :jonny5: i just looked up Rep & Auto comparisons & apparently Rep's story is better, but Auto's gameplay is better. INCHteresting :lakitu: I also saw that the "replay" routes in Auto are far less repetitive than Rep. There's lesser than 5 too :lakitu: Since i never played Rep i can't compare, but I rarely ever replay games, & Auto does a very good job of making things different. And replaying this was so ******* worth it :jonny5:

I've heard Auto is less repetitive too, which is good. To be fair, I didn't find Rep to be that bad because I actually found it pretty easy, so it didn't feel bad/grindy to replay, since you at least get some interesting changes each time. And then the final playthrough (Ending E) is entirely different.

Since you liked Auto, are you planning to play Rep? :lakitu: The story and characters are so good. I honestly think playing it right before XC3 was a mistake since I naturally compared them, to XC3's detriment :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.