Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

• ATRL Moderator
34 minutes ago, Comedor said:

Played this one at launch. Probably the best RPG I have played since Xenoblade 1 on Wii. IT WAS SPECIAL. 

Maybe it's time for a second play though with different choices. :duca:

I read the posts in here from people who played it when it came out and one user said they regret using a guide to get the golden route, so I'm not using a guide at all and just choosing whatever path I think is right in the moment.

Just finished the first battle that I found difficult, which was the fight on the docks during a rainstorm (I think Ch. 8?).

And I'm also at the point where I feel like my party is too large :chick2: I hate having to leave units out. (Hence why I loved 3H just having a house and you don't have to recruit anyone new.)

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

I read the posts in here from people who played it when it came out and one user said they regret using a guide to get the golden route, so I'm not using a guide at all and just choosing whatever path I think is right in the moment.

Just finished the first battle that I found difficult, which was the fight on the docks during a rainstorm (I think Ch. 8?).

And I'm also at the point where I feel like my party is too large :chick2: I hate having to leave units out. (Hence why I loved 3H just having a house and you don't have to recruit anyone new.)

I wasn't even aware of a golden route. I hate playing games with guides, it takes away the fun of exploring the game. Especially on a game like Triangle Strategy where your choices actually have an impact on the story and where you go next.

We need a sequel!!

SlaydiaMarkt came through with my copy of Paper Mario this morning. :gaycatina1: I kinda don't even have the time to play it right now, but I guess I might do a bit of the prologue later just to see how it feels on the Switch. I still can't believe they actually remade this masterpiece.

• Like 3

The best Mario RPG :jonnycat: GameCube excellence :jonnycat: Oh I'm excited af :jonnycat:

Now can we please get Wind Waker and Metroid Prime 2 on Switch??

ugh i woke up to make sure TTYD was playable, landed in Rogueport and saved LOL

once i get home from work its on

I beat Sea of Stars but now i'm doin side quests to get da real ending because how in da world do u kill off da best character in da game LOL

• Like 1

Just got PMTTYD :WAP:

• Like 3

I never had the chance to play The Thousand Year Door, and I've only just gotten to Hooktail's Castle, but wow I'm already kinda blown away.

The writing, the visuals, the sound, the characters thus far (even background characters), the gameplay being Paper Mario 64 on steroids, YAAAS! And even though I haven't played, it really feels nostalgic of the Gamecube era with things like Shine Sprites and Piantas being in the game.

I'll be happy with this being my GOTY but Nintendo... I need you to announce some bangers for the rest of the year at the next Direct.

• Like 5

Triangle Strategy is up there with 3 Houses for me, one of the best Switch games. Should've been called Scales Of Conviction [16]

I'd argue it's even better on 2nd playthrough on harder difficulty. You keep all your items & money, you can upgrade more characters, you get to learn and mess with units & combos u never used on 1st playthrough, & u get to skip all the old cutscenes.

Major Story spoilers:

Spoiler

I also like how all 3 MC's, that aren't Serenoa, are incredibly flawed, despite the game trying to portray them otherwise. It's very human. It's hard to see how flawed they are until that 1 major moment. Then you realize:

Frederica is quite literally your privileged white girl activist, trying to have her Just Stop Oil moment @ a horrible time.

Roland is a horrible ruler, with a weak resolve, & his family was right about him.

Benedict is logical & honorable to a fault, although the bad parts of his ending feels a bit forced :shutup: #BenedictWasRight

I did 3 playthroughs total:

- My route.

- Opposite decisions of "My route".

- Golden route.

Also the secret training map u unlock after finishing the Golden Route was a good way to close out the game for me. 

6 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

I never had the chance to play The Thousand Year Door, and I've only just gotten to Hooktail's Castle, but wow I'm already kinda blown away.

The writing, the visuals, the sound, the characters thus far (even background characters), the gameplay being Paper Mario 64 on steroids, YAAAS! And even though I haven't played, it really feels nostalgic of the Gamecube era with things like Shine Sprites and Piantas being in the game.

I'll be happy with this being my GOTY but Nintendo... I need you to announce some bangers for the rest of the year at the next Direct.

I was about to wait with buying this and play BG3 but your posts made me order a copy :dies: I also never played it before

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

It's sooo good :jonnycat: They were cooking up some magic on those first two Paper Mario titles I swear.

No wonder the fanbase devolved into man-babies. We got used to eating five star meals and then they switched them out for pure gruel :sosad:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

i wanna spend my whole weekend playing TTYD

i played jus a little bit last night and i want more

i love PM64 and never played TTYD so i'm excited 

Edited by dabunique
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Subomie said:

It's sooo good :jonnycat: They were cooking up some magic on those first two Paper Mario titles I swear.

No wonder the fanbase devolved into man-babies. We got used to eating five star meals and then they switched them out for pure gruel :sosad:

100%, and the way each title got worse and worse until the smaaaaaaall uptick with Origami King.

Super Paper Mario was actually my first one which I still enjoy, but in retrospect I would have been PISSED about that game if I had actually played PM & TTYD first. I'm glad I just skipped the 3DS and Wii U ones.

6 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

100%, and the way each title got worse and worse until the smaaaaaaall uptick with Origami King.

Super Paper Mario was actually my first one which I still enjoy, but in retrospect I would have been PISSED about that game if I had actually played PM & TTYD first. I'm glad I just skipped the 3DS and Wii U ones.

I didn't get to play TTYD, but Super Paper Mario was mind-boggling when it first came out. The changes in perspective and a lot of the effects were amazing. It gets trashed way too much and it deserved to be its own sub series. Retire Mario & Luigi (even though I loved Superstar Saga) and give us Paper Mario's in the style of TTYD and Super Paper Mario sequels.

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2024 at 10:19 AM, dabunique said:

i wanna spend my whole weekend playing TTYD

i played jus a little bit last night and i want more

i love PM64 and never played TTYD so i'm excited 

Same this is basically a new game for me. I liked oragami king but they better learn that this is what people wants and they can make even more doing this 

TTYD Chapter 3 is RPG excellence :jonny5: whew that was amazing

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rence said:

TTYD Chapter 3 is RPG excellence :jonny5: whew that was amazing

I jus woke up and that's where I'm starting today. I'm excited. 

Just finished chapter 3. 14 hours in. It's funny to think that I finished Super Mario RPG in the same amount of time 

This remake is incredible. The original game was already great, but they were able to fix and update things to make it the definitive version 

• Like 1

Doing chapter 2 rn, Flurrie is a QUEEN ikr, lgbt icon :gaycat5:

Not yall making me want to buy the game now! I had no interested in it before yesterday. :oxygen2:

Ugh it took me so long to get dat airplane to land on da hot dog stand and get my Yoshi egg I hate da paper planes so much 😂 

ok after a cute break I'm starting chapter 4. Bring on da 🐷 

1 hour ago, dabunique said:

ok after a cute break I'm starting chapter 4. Bring on da 🐷 

the chapter where you get the best partner by FAR :gaycat4:

Bummer this icon never came to the Switch. She would've smashed if she wasn't a Microsoft exclusive. 

something-like-viva-pi%C3%B1ata-v0-rb4n6

• Like 2

My copy arrived and is waiting :duca: Can't wait to play

i bought one of those cute dialga and palkia branded ds lites :thing: 

i also got a dsi xl. HGSS looks better on that than the 3ds :thing: 

• ATRL Moderator

Need @Eternium to give us an update on where the Switch will end up on the list of all-time best selling consoles :matty:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.