Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

what's the deal with this Yoshi race? I'm spamming A and B and he doesn't run, he jumps instead??

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

if we hear anything from Pyro it would be today ... they usually kno sumthin a few days before it happens

they answering dat they didn't kno anything is possible since its a week out

I finished Paper Mario ... i'm sad i liked it alot ... bring on Thousand Year Door 

• Like 2

If Ninty finally announces a permanent price drop for the Switch then it will easily outsell the PS2 in a few years 

Also lack of post-launch support killed TOTK’s legs :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, Rence said:

If Ninty finally announces a permanent price drop for the Switch then it will easily outsell the PS2 in a few years

Few YEARS? But the Switch 2 is coming soon :gaycat7: I don't think it's moving past #3. There was strong momentum in the first few years, but with the SCRAPS of software they've been serving for a couple years plus new hardware on the way, I don't see how they make up the gap to the DS or PS2.

Playing SNES online a lot lately. DKC2 the classic that you are. Need a new Donkey Kong game, Ninty...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Subomie said:

Playing SNES online a lot lately. DKC2 the classic that you are. Need a new Donkey Kong game, Ninty...

ive been beggin for a new one for so long

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Few YEARS? But the Switch 2 is coming soon :gaycat7: I don't think it's moving past #3. There was strong momentum in the first few years, but with the SCRAPS of software they've been serving for a couple years plus new hardware on the way, I don't see how they make up the gap to the DS or PS2.

The Switch only needs 16-17 million to dethrone the PS2. Ninty just upped their forecast for this year from 15m to 15.5m. Last year they sold 16.81m units vs their forecast of 19m.

Even if they don’t reach their current goal especially when the successor comes out the Switch will continue to sell over the years. The DS sold 25m units 3 years after the 3DS launch. Also you have to factor in that there is no price drop yet + the transition to Switch 2 will be slow if shortages occur and the rumored backward compatibility happens.

Mario RPG is... cute :mandown: I will finish it and then forget about its existence.

• Like 1

BOTW - 31.61M (+460K)
SWSH - 26.17M (+150K)
SV - 24.36M (+1.13M)
TOTK - 20.28M (+780K)

SV is def gonna outsell SWSH

SV having better legs than TOTK, says more about the latter, considering how frontloaded Pokemon games are. 

BOTW selling 60% of TOTK's Q3 sales is impressive. Its a 7 yr old game vs 6 months.

I think TOTK’s sales aren’t as good as BOTW because the people who bought BOTW and hated it aren’t going to buy it’s (for lack of better words) 2.0 version 

Edited by xXavril
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dabunique said:

Yas. I just know TTYD is going to be an easy 5 mil seller too.

King Switch slaying :worship2:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Yeah, I've seen a lot of opinions on TOTK sales being bad, which is wild to me. I mean, doing 20 million already is amazing, especially given how many people were turned off by how different BOTW was from previous games (like alllll those complaints about durability). It's undisputedly a huge success.

11 hours ago, Rence said:

The Switch only needs 16-17 million to dethrone the PS2. Ninty just upped their forecast for this year from 15m to 15.5m. Last year they sold 16.81m units vs their forecast of 19m.

Even if they don’t reach their current goal especially when the successor comes out the Switch will continue to sell over the years. The DS sold 25m units 3 years after the 3DS launch. Also you have to factor in that there is no price drop yet + the transition to Switch 2 will be slow if shortages occur and the rumored backward compatibility happens.

Ok, I'll trust you and have faith :heart:

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

Yeah, I've seen a lot of opinions on TOTK sales being bad, which is wild to me. I mean, doing 20 million already is amazing, especially given how many people were turned off by how different BOTW was from previous games (like alllll those complaints about durability). It's undisputedly a huge success.

Ok, I'll trust you and have faith :heart:

I absolutely agree. Plus it’s over 20M in less than a year that’s an IMPRESSIVE number. I do think it’s a loud minority complaining about the games, because despite Violet (which just got 2 DLCs last year) selling more, TOTK is almost at the same number of sales in a fraction of the time 

Edited by xXavril

TOTK sales would be seen as mammoth if it were anything else. People are just being dense because BOTW exceeded all expectations. Isn’t it already blowing most Zelda games out the water?

• Like 1

TOTK is selling like a Pokemon game :matty:

59 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

@Magickarp are you playing OT2? 

I finished it, but i def prefered OT1. Majority of people prefer OT2 tho :matty: These daddies + icon Primrose.

05e5d4f88c684de340971acdfbd0fd36.jpg

Regarding the "disappointing" sales numbers of TOTK, I think this video by Kit & Krysta (who used to work at Nintendo and are presumably better at interpreting those numbers than most of us are) adds some pretty interesting context. 

So yes, the game is obviously a success, but probably not as big a success as Nintendo expected. 18M out of the 20M it has sold by now were during the initial wave of sales right after release, so considering the huge install base of the Switch as well as Nintendo's usually massive holiday sales numbers, only 2M for the rest of the year can probably be seen as slightly underwhelming. It's going to be interesting to see how this develops over the next couple months and years.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Magickarp said:

I finished it, but i def prefered OT1. Majority of people prefer OT2 tho :matty: These daddies + icon Primrose.

I played because I got to write a review of it but I didn't like some aspect of it :fan:

17 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

I played because I got to write a review of it but I didn't like some aspect of it :fan:

A review copy? :lakitu: what reviews have u written, & what did u not like about it? :lakitu: 

3 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

A review copy? :lakitu: what reviews have u written, & what did u not like about it? :lakitu: 

I only reviewed OT2 and some random card game and then I stopped writing for this site because I was doing it for free anyway :clown:

I hated how this game won't let you walk a single step without making you enter a fight. It's so archaic.

Just now, stupidjock said:

I only reviewed OT2 and some random card game and then I stopped writing for this site because I was doing it for free anyway :clown:

I hated how this game won't let you walk a single step without making you enter a fight. It's so archaic.

Oh then u 100% won't like OT1 even more :dies: they're def not your type of game i fear. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.