Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

4 hours ago, Baltie said:

I was thinking of getting the game mainly cos I’m a Fire Emblem stan and I wanna support the series, but I’ve seen a lot of people trash the game and say it’s inferior to 3H. I know the story doesn’t hold as much to 3H but is the gameplay really that bad? :chick3:

the gameplay is my least favorite part (not including the story which is …. abysmal tbh). the weapon triangle being brought back is one thing , but they make u completely rely on certain units for one thing over others and that’s what i loved about 3 houses: say i had a good unit but it’s weapon wasn’t quite effective against an enemy i needed killed, well that’s why i made most of my units proficient with bows so they could target out of reach ppl. doesn’t happen in this game, and i’m a couple chapters/hours in but have not yet received the necessary seal to do a lateral class change.

really though, the dialogue and story is something to behold in terms of how bad it is. im obviously comparing it to 3H which is probably one of my favorite video games ever but it cannot be properly stated what a downgrade it is.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

11 hours ago, qurl said:

the gameplay is my least favorite part (not including the story which is …. abysmal tbh). the weapon triangle being brought back is one thing , but they make u completely rely on certain units for one thing over others and that’s what i loved about 3 houses: say i had a good unit but it’s weapon wasn’t quite effective against an enemy i needed killed, well that’s why i made most of my units proficient with bows so they could target out of reach ppl. doesn’t happen in this game, and i’m a couple chapters/hours in but have not yet received the necessary seal to do a lateral class change.

really though, the dialogue and story is something to behold in terms of how bad it is. im obviously comparing it to 3H which is probably one of my favorite video games ever but it cannot be properly stated what a downgrade it is.

Aww man, such a shame. Maybe I'll pass on this one for now or pick it up down the line when I have nothing to play. Hopefully those Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn rumors turn out to be true!

Edited by Baltie

12 hours ago, qurl said:

but they make u completely rely on certain units for one thing over others and that’s what i loved about 3 houses: say i had a good unit but it’s weapon wasn’t quite effective against an enemy i needed killed, well that’s why i made most of my units proficient with bows so they could target out of reach ppl. doesn’t happen in this game

How far are you into the story? I’ve forgotten so much about the game (cause there’s no point in returning when there’s’ no new game plus :rip:) but I remember that you can add weapon proficiency to any units later on although it can be very grindy

persona 3 reloaded leaked for xbox... what are the odds us nintendo girlies get her ? it'll probably outsell the xb*x version so I hope atlus comes through :celestial:

2 hours ago, ebaby said:

persona 3 reloaded leaked for xbox... what are the odds us nintendo girlies get her ? it'll probably outsell the xb*x version so I hope atlus comes through :celestial:

it's coming for nintendo switch, ps4 and ps5 too.

5 hours ago, ebaby said:

The real question is will Nintendo get Persona 6 at launch too :gaycat6:

5 hours ago, Axel. said:

it's coming for nintendo switch, ps4 and ps5 too.

i knew it'd be coming for playstation , where did you see confirmation it was coming to switch though :lakitu:

11 hours ago, Rence said:

How far are you into the story? I’ve forgotten so much about the game (cause there’s no point in returning when there’s’ no new game plus :rip:) but I remember that you can add weapon proficiency to any units later on although it can be very grindy

THERES NO NEW GAME PLUS ????????? IM THROWING THIS **** IN THE GARBAGE NEAAOOWWWWWWW

kinda OT but does anyone have any experience buying a Miyoo mini emulator ?? need advice !

12 hours ago, ebaby said:

i knew it'd be coming for playstation , where did you see confirmation it was coming to switch though :lakitu:

It was leaked by some Spanish retailer. Not sure if it's 100% true but take it as you will.

On 6/7/2023 at 8:33 PM, qurl said:

i just bought Fire Emblem Engage and …… i hate it. they somehow both dumbed everything down and made it 10x more convoluted as opposed to 3H …. and i’m playing on Hard as i do with all FE entries cuz i’m pretty well versed and it’s so frustratingly difficult but not in a fun or challenging way , it’s just tedious and annoying bc pretty much all my units across the board suck (compared to the enemies) and they’re aren’t the opportunities to make them better at other things or have a plethora of options for everyone the way 3H did ….. overall really disappointed although i will somehow persist thru this obnoxiously frustrating entry

I didn’t make it past Ch.17 and haven’t picked it up in like a month. 

I’m such a FE stan but this entry was PAINFUL. Sales have tapered off fairly quickly due to bad word of mouth, so hopefully they note the difference between how TH performed and Engage and realize where the bag 💰 is.

I have to echo the FE Engage disappointment after playing recently. The gameplay really is convoluted, which paired with the lacking story and tedious battles made it unfinishable for me. I tried, got close to the end and pushed through as much as I could, but it got to the point where I was so disengaged that I wanted to just skip through the cutscenes and auto play the battles… at which point why even bother with it anymore :deadbanana4:

there were aspects that I did like, but the game ultimately didn’t come together very well I think. There was simultaneously too much and not enough going on, and it overall became a frustrating experience especially in comparison to 3H which I loved 

All major studios and publishers expect for Nintendo have dropped their presentations already. When is the Direct coming :gaycat6:

58 minutes ago, Rence said:

All major studios and publishers expect for Nintendo have dropped their presentations already. When is the Direct coming :gaycat6:

holy **** u just made me realize it's E3 week :deadbanana2: RIP

3 hours ago, Rence said:

These classics are coming :jonny5: but where is AA7 tho

I'm here for it ! even though I literally finished Spirit of Justice last year :psyduck:

I really hope this is all leading up to ace attorney 7

the way my 2023 has Pikmin 4 and Fashion Dreamer to look forward to now and that's it

Well, Tears Of The Klowndom has definitely been out for a month

this-is-how-i-felt-after-getting-the-collection-a-few-days-v0-814mmbimf70b1.jpg?auto=webp&v=enabled&s=01b603bae06c0e6f027d74ded73dc6613c3b1783

Been so busy lately but finally beat Battle Network 2. The way I remembered the first two chapters (thought Airman was in BN3 for some reason :thing:) and everything after that is blank it was almost like experiencing for the first time :rip: Really enjoyed my playthrough and seeing how they improved on virtually everything from the first entry. SO scummy to have your Battle Chips stolen and then being forced to fight some very hard Bosses to get them back though. Also the Freezeman scenario obviously a total slog (Undernet sidequest should have been saved for final chapter).

However, I love that by endgame you're given access to a lot of tools that really help streamline your folder. Going back to annoying V3 Navis like Thunderman, Snakeman, Magnetman and destroying them in seconds with a bunch of AreaGrab, FullCust and LifeSwords is so satisfying :allears: Not a completionist and was fine with getting 4 Stars and moving on, until I found out that Hard Mode basically unlocks a second save file? Hopefully I can find someone to touch trade me the Secret Chips because I know I'll want to replay this again at some point.

I am so excited for Pikmin's comeback next month. It's probably my favorite licence after Zelda lol, I just love it so much. And it's coming just a few days before my birthday, could not be happier ! :heart2:

I’m looking forward to the Direct but I’m hoping the games they’ll announce for the rest of the year won’t interest me cause after Tears of the Kingdom my focus will be on Final Fantasy XVI and Spider-Man 2. I don’t have the time and money to play a lot of games anymore :redface:

No one talking about this :skull: It looks so cute, fun and a return to form. I've only ever played Sonic Advance series and Sonic Classic Collection DS so love the throwback. Sonic fans are SO annoying though! Men in their 40s doing side by side comparisons for jump and fall physics like please be for real :bibliahh:

• Like 1

TS getting an update with new content so long later, we love passionate devs :jonny5: everyone was talking about FE: Engage being **** earlier, so i recommend y'all get Triangle Strategy, if u loved 3 Houses u will love TS. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.