Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

Playing through BOTW right now and I'm having a lovely time. It makes me so shitting excited that I have the rest of BOTW to play AND after that I still have TOTK (!!! :duca:) to play which is very likely to be an even better version of BOTW, I need some superglue for my wiig! :jonnycat:

I was originally going to just play TOTK and skip BOTW nnnn because I love the added features of TOTK (it was more appealing to me than BOTW) and I didn't know if I had enough time and energy to invest into both, but I'm pleased I changed my mind because now I can enjoy both. It's kind of an interesting experience discovering the greatness of BOTW exactly at the same time that everyone is playing and getting excited about TOTK. Kind of surreal!

I wasn't sold before but I totally get the appeal of BOTW now - it was sooo satisfying to complete the shrines by myself without any help. :clap3: I was serving Bear Grylls in this ***** with one of the shrines :skull:

I'm also super ready to continue playing OoT. From the little I played of it before I loveeee it, the whimsical atmosphere... it's so charming :smitten: I played it a little in my childhood and started it again recently, and the VIBES are vibing. Navi is my everything :butterfly: :heart2:

I was never into the Zelda franchise (I still remember when I thought Link was called Zelda :rip:) but I'm starting to love it. And the perks of being a new fan is that I got allllll these games waiting for me to experience for the first time :jonny5: I'm excited to discover which Zelda game is my fave.

(also gw0rls I was so shook to find out that Ganon looked like THAT :fan: I thought he was gonna look more... monstrous?? like some dragon beast or sumthing. and less attractive :toofunny2: woo chile)

Edited by sugarshine

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

I am playing BOTW at the moment it my first switch game and really confuses me. The story missions are so hard even though I am still in the beginning like why they dont show on the map where is the spot of the photo memories or in side missions why they dont give us the exact point on maps :deadvision:. Right now my goal is to activate all towers to see map clearly then watch youtube tutorials on missions :clown: Also I love the shrines, The puzzles gave me what I wanted from the tomb raider reboot.

Also playing it on the TV gives soo much better experience. It looks way better imo.

On 5/20/2023 at 12:20 PM, sugarshine said:

Playing through BOTW right now and I'm having a lovely time. It makes me so shitting excited that I have the rest of BOTW to play AND after that I still have TOTK (!!! :duca:) to play which is very likely to be an even better version of BOTW, I need some superglue for my wiig! :jonnycat:

I was originally going to just play TOTK and skip BOTW nnnn because I love the added features of TOTK (it was more appealing to me than BOTW) and I didn't know if I had enough time and energy to invest into both, but I'm pleased I changed my mind because now I can enjoy both. It's kind of an interesting experience discovering the greatness of BOTW exactly at the same time that everyone is playing and getting excited about TOTK. Kind of surreal!

I wasn't sold before but I totally get the appeal of BOTW now - it was sooo satisfying to complete the shrines by myself without any help. :clap3: I was serving Bear Grylls in this ***** with one of the shrines :skull:

I'm also super ready to continue playing OoT. From the little I played of it before I loveeee it, the whimsical atmosphere... it's so charming :smitten: I played it a little in my childhood and started it again recently, and the VIBES are vibing. Navi is my everything :butterfly: :heart2:

I was never into the Zelda franchise (I still remember when I thought Link was called Zelda :rip:) but I'm starting to love it. And the perks of being a new fan is that I got allllll these games waiting for me to experience for the first time :jonny5: I'm excited to discover which Zelda game is my fave.

(also gw0rls I was so shook to find out that Ganon looked like THAT :fan: I thought he was gonna look more... monstrous?? like some dragon beast or sumthing. and less attractive :toofunny2: woo chile)

Oh I wonder what Ganon looks like lol. I love the world it is so appealing. The missions are so hard for me right now so I am just exploring the world. I thought the game will let me explore it little by little through the story missions but I think it dont follow the traditional AAA game formula. I was frustrated when I realize I needed to explore each place by myself for story missions cuz I am very impatient but I am slowly getting used to it. Also very excited for TOTK but I dont think I will get it soon since I am a very slow player. I hope I can get it on discount later :duck:.

I Gave in to fomo and started to play TOTK and I kind of stan :jonnycat:

It’s much better than the trash that BOTW was, the world feels more lived in. Yes I switched :gaycat4:

With all the hype around TOTK, I've finally started BOTW.  I've never played a single LOZ game before and I mostly only play "fun" games (like Mario Kart and Smash Bros), but this is unbelievable.  It's so immersive, so expansive, so damn fun... I love all the puzzles, I love exploring, I love finding the towers and shrines and everything else...  And it looks so beautiful.  Wow.  This is truly a work of art.  I see now why people love it so much, and I'm excited to spend hundreds of hours playing through both games.

Thinking of getting a Switch.. OLED or original? I don't want a Lite.

42 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

OLED if you plan on playing in handheld a lot. If you plan on playing docked then it doesn't matter

Just watched the Playstation Direct, and it just shows how Nintendo is on another league. :rip: What was that Wii U accessory and that Splatoon ripoff? :deadbanana2:

On 5/23/2023 at 8:20 PM, Gwendolyn said:

If you plan on playing in handheld a lot and don't mind spending more money, then OLED. 

If not, then original. Original in handheld is also good anyway, in case you want to save some money. 

On 5/22/2023 at 4:58 PM, Companion said:

I am playing BOTW at the moment it my first switch game and really confuses me. The story missions are so hard even though I am still in the beginning like why they dont show on the map where is the spot of the photo memories or in side missions why they dont give us the exact point on maps :deadvision:. Right now my goal is to activate all towers to see map clearly then watch youtube tutorials on missions :clown: Also I love the shrines, The puzzles gave me what I wanted from the tomb raider reboot.

Also playing it on the TV gives soo much better experience. It looks way better imo.

I still remember ignoring the photo memories until I realized they revealed part of the story as well :skull:

Then, of course, I had to look them up on Google because there's no way you could find the exact spots by yourself in that massive world if it's not by chance. :deadbanana:

4 hours ago, Rence said:

Happy pride month :rainbow:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ26Fe4IbWghfMZRx4NLU

:lmao: IKExSOREN was always my OTP for the Radiant games 😂😂😂

I would love a Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and or Radiant Dawn remake/remaster situation down the line. 

Spoiler

Or really anything to wash the taste of FE:Engage out of my mouth :lakitu:

you gays better put zelda down for a moment to support LGBTQ icon katamari for pride month 

spacer.png

we love katamari reroll comes out today on all platforms...

at a bargain price...

:celestial3:

Not 1-2 Switch getting a sequel before Super Mario Odyssey :deadbanana2:

Wait, not that 1-2 Switch sequel that people internally have been saying is an absolute disaster and would tarnish Nintendo's reputation actually coming out :bibliahh: Kinda wanna play it just to see what all the mess is. At least they learned from the first one and priced it cheaper but $30 feels too pricy too :mandown:

I'm planning on getting SOS A Wonderful Life (the Harvest Moon AWL remake) later this month so I prob won't have time to play the new Katamari this month with Zelda, but let me purchasing her to get the sales numbers up.

• ATRL Moderator

New Pikmin 4 trailer :flower:

The way this thread is dead cos everyone's still on TOTK hype :gaycat6:

50 minutes ago, Baltie said:

we need new Mario

3 hours ago, Baltie said:

Nah we're just waiting for the next Mario & Luigi game. 

i just bought Fire Emblem Engage and …… i hate it. they somehow both dumbed everything down and made it 10x more convoluted as opposed to 3H …. and i’m playing on Hard as i do with all FE entries cuz i’m pretty well versed and it’s so frustratingly difficult but not in a fun or challenging way , it’s just tedious and annoying bc pretty much all my units across the board suck (compared to the enemies) and they’re aren’t the opportunities to make them better at other things or have a plethora of options for everyone the way 3H did ….. overall really disappointed although i will somehow persist thru this obnoxiously frustrating entry

7 hours ago, qurl said:

i just bought Fire Emblem Engage and …… i hate it. they somehow both dumbed everything down and made it 10x more convoluted as opposed to 3H …. and i’m playing on Hard as i do with all FE entries cuz i’m pretty well versed and it’s so frustratingly difficult but not in a fun or challenging way , it’s just tedious and annoying bc pretty much all my units across the board suck (compared to the enemies) and they’re aren’t the opportunities to make them better at other things or have a plethora of options for everyone the way 3H did ….. overall really disappointed although i will somehow persist thru this obnoxiously frustrating entry

I was thinking of getting the game mainly cos I’m a Fire Emblem stan and I wanna support the series, but I’ve seen a lot of people trash the game and say it’s inferior to 3H. I know the story doesn’t hold as much to 3H but is the gameplay really that bad? :chick3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.