Nintendo Base | Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (MC 86)

feelslikeadream

2 hours ago, lovecatt said:

the greatest game of all time is almost here :jonny5:

big publications like ign, GI, game spot being the outliers with lower scores just further confirm to me that it's a masterpiece :jonny5:

The acclaim :clap3: let me see the meltdowns on a certain other site :coffee2:

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

Loved XC1, not so much XC2. Excited for this and have a feeling it will fall somewhere in between

I love that we can have so many people in the party at once :jonny5:

On 7/25/2022 at 10:31 AM, youreyesgocold said:

Agreed, in XC1 it’s pretty easy to create long running chains if your party is loaded with similarly coloured arts. I found it frustrating though that I couldn’t control how long the chain continued in the early half of the game - even if I had more arts of that colour unused since it was driven by affinity. It made me feel like I was doing it wrong when it would abruptly stop. It seemed kind of random, and it was frustrating. 

I much preferred the chain attack system in XC2 which put a lot more control in the player’s hands. If you properly planned what arts to use and broke an orb, you knew every round that the chain would continue. 

Wondering how 3’s combat will be.  Xeno 2 has the best and most fun combat. Not sure how it can get any better :jonnycat:

22 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Wondering how 3’s combat will be.  Xeno 2 has the best and most fun combat. Not sure how it can get any better :jonnycat:

It’s already BEEN better. Put some respect on Ms Torna’s name! Torna took the amazing combat in XC2 and made it even better! I still can’t believe they reworked the combat in what was essentially just a DLC story. I suppose that’s why I felt a bit let down by FC, since it was more of what would be expected of DLC or an epilogue when I wanted another Torna.

The quality of Torna is why I’m already so hyped for the XC3 DLC story without even having played the base game yet :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, youreyesgocold said:

It’s already BEEN better. Put some respect on Ms Torna’s name! Torna took the amazing combat in XC2 and made it even better! I still can’t believe they reworked the combat in what was essentially just a DLC story. I suppose that’s why I felt a bit let down by FC, since it was more of what would be expected of DLC or an epilogue when I wanted another Torna.

The quality of Torna is why I’m already so hyped for the XC3 DLC story without even having played the base game yet :deadbanana2:

Oh I never finished it. :deadbanana2: I started it but then I started playing 3 hopes and I’ve been hooked :deadbanana4:

51 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Oh I never finished it. :deadbanana2: I started it but then I started playing 3 hopes and I’ve been hooked :deadbanana4:

That’s totally fine, another masterpiece. I only finished 1.5 paths in 3H, I also need to go back to it :monkey:

Nintendo just stays winning this generation

I'm FED UP, i bought 4 Joystick replacements exactly 3 Months & 1 Week ago. 1st one drifted after a week of Triangle Strategy :clown: 

Played Portal last week, got pissed, & replaced the Joystick agn. And now it's back to drifting on XC3. My blood is boiling :clown:

I still have 2 more replacements, but lord it takes 30 mins to replace them for just 1 week of use :clown:

Anyways... going to order the Pro Controller rn like y'all originally told me to :clown: Switch Pro 2023 better not have a new controller is2g.

I saw this Gulikit Kingkong pro 2 too, no more drifting... but no Nintendo brand :clown: or HD Rumble

1 hour ago, Pop pop123 said:

From what I’ve seen from some streams :mandown:, character switching mid combat is a game changer. Being able to switch through all the characters and Oroborus form is insane. He literally switched and transformed, switched and transformed basically cycling through all 3 in succession one after another. :deadbanana: 

i litraaly don't have the brain power for that mid combat :deadbanana2: i tried switching once, and whew the headache :bibliahh:

With all the OP mechanics u have access to tho i don't think it's that necessary. I rarely even need to go Oroborus. Only just started C3 tho :shutup:

I can't wait to spend all weekend feeling overwhelmed and having no idea what I'm doing in XC3 only for it to become one of my favorite games of all-time :WAP:

50 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

I'm FED UP, i bought 4 Joystick replacements exactly 3 Months & 1 Week ago. 1st one drifted after a week of Triangle Strategy :clown: 

Played Portal last week, got pissed, & replaced the Joystick agn. And now it's back to drifting on XC3. My blood is boiling :clown:

I still have 2 more replacements, but lord it takes 30 mins to replace them for just 1 week of use :clown:

Anyways... going to order the Pro Controller rn like y'all originally told me to :clown: Switch Pro 2023 better not have a new controller is2g.

I saw this Gulikit Kingkong pro 2 too, no more drifting... but no Nintendo brand :clown: or HD Rumble

i litraaly don't have the brain power for that mid combat :deadbanana2: i tried switching once, and whew the headache :bibliahh:

With all the OP mechanics u have access to tho i don't think it's that necessary. I rarely even need to go Oroborus. Only just started C3 tho :shutup:

Idk I bought 2 non Nintendo brand pro controllers and both of them malfunctioned after a couple of months :clown: sometimes it’s better to bite the bullet tho it took 2 months for my official Nintendo brand pro to get to me :clown: 

nintendo online store is a scam I swear :clown: 

1 hour ago, Pop pop123 said:

From what I’ve seen from some streams :mandown:, character switching mid combat is a game changer. Being able to switch through all the characters and Oroborus form is insane. He literally switched and transformed, switched and transformed basically cycling through all 3 in succession one after another. :deadbanana: 

:jonny2:

3 more days :jonnycat:

Embracing my Tatsu era and buying this damn Xenoblade game after weeks of shading her :biblio:

Hope the good sis can break 90 on MC and not get stuck in the 80s a la Metroid Dread.

• ATRL Moderator

My collector's edition preorder says "processing" and there's no shipping info, so I bet I won't even get the game until like next week :chick3:

2 hours ago, Magickarp said:

If you're playing docked buy a ps4 controller and an 8bitdo. I've had two dualshock4 controllers for three years now that I've been using constantly on my ps4 and they haven't drifted yet. 

I think 8bitdo also works with xbox one controllers (but not with the new models from the series x)

Personally since both of my right joycons have drifting problems, I wouldn't want to give Nintendo any more money for a new controller no matter how good their pro model might be. 9wZ0r2r_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

I hope it can get to 90. I can’t have Metroid, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade 1 and 3 be stuck at 89. 

I thought I was almost done with Torna until the game asked me to raise the community level… like who has the time for this when the final battle is right there :deadbanana2:

This is like the Colony 6 quest in XC1 but 10 times worse cause it’s mandatory :deadbanana2: 

It looks like I’ll put Torna on hold for a while cause it’s almost Friday :deadbanana2:

Finally completed XC:DE. Now to do Future Connected and then buy and complete XC2 before I then FINALLY buy and complete XC3. Whew! Goodbye social life. ? 

2 hours ago, Rence said:

I thought I was almost done with Torna until the game asked me to raise the community level… like who has the time for this when the final battle is right there :deadbanana2:

This is like the Colony 6 quest in XC1 but 10 times worse cause it’s mandatory :deadbanana2: 

It looks like I’ll put Torna on hold for a while cause it’s almost Friday :deadbanana2:

This is the worst part of Torna and the reason I didn't play the game for months. 

Have I just read a review that talks about over 20 different classes? WTF :jonny5: 

Not me wandering into a Lvl 80+ maze with an end game boss monster at the end :deadbanana2:

I was Lvl 28 when i went in and 31 when i came out cuz of the whole end game location EXP :deadbanana2:

Also just unlocked my fave Hero Class so far :jonny5: (only seen 3 tho, but this is so cool)

I won't spoil y'all, but you'll know who he is when you look at his GUNS. Pyra's boobs for biceps :WAP:

& my Joycons suddenly started working today :) 

it still drifts, but not as much as the last 2 days... :)  

course this happens right after my new controller ships :)

Any y'all play the Live A Live remaster? How long is it? Would I have time to sneak it in before Xeno?

I'm also going through Dragon's Dogma atm so these open world RPGs are kinda laying me out :biblio:

NOT SOME OF YALL ALREADY HAVING XC3 :WAP:

I guess I won't come here anymore, I'm too scared of spoilers, even the most minor ones. I'll wait peacefully while playing some Spiritfarer

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Subomie said:

I'm also going through Dragon's Dogma atm so these open world RPGs are kinda laying me out :biblio:

A classic. What class(es) are you using?

I was wondering why my classes were suddenly growing so slowly.

Turns out u only get 1 CP per battle if ur even slightly overleveled. :clown:

Imagine punishing the player for exploring :clown: if anything they should cut EXP if ur overleveled.

It's actually somehow easier to diversify & rank up your classes if u ignore the side quests, & only do main story :clown:

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

A classic. What class(es) are you using?

Just focusing on archer classes right now, living my best life staying out of the fray. :gaycat:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Subomie said:

Just focusing on archer classes right now, living my best life staying out of the fray. :gaycat:

Same :gaycat: I started strider and ended assassin and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. I'm perched for the recently-announced sequel.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.