Nintendo Base | Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (MC 86)

feelslikeadream

Finally a good Zelda again, we haven't had one of those since 2019. :celestial6:

Edit: Oh look, the TOTK fanboys and -girls found my post!

Edited by SlowGinFizzzz
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

Girl :rip: this looks headache inducing.

Sure some attacks look cool, but think of the big picture :rip:

Well the new Zelda has basically the same features they "introduced" in TOTK (ultrahand, weapon fusion, object manipulation, the "depths", etc.) but caricaturized…

If they were going to do the basic minimum they should have remade the Oracle games instead. 

• Thumbs Down 2

I love it so far!!

I feel like I live in a parallel world though, because A LOT of people are complaing about performance issues but I haven't noticed it a single time, and I'm about 4 hours in :rip:

forgot to order from amazon so i might just download it hope i got the space

bUmaWsz.jpeg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Elementary said:

Well the new Zelda has basically the same features they "introduced" in TOTK (ultrahand, weapon fusion, object manipulation, the "depths", etc.) but caricaturized…

If they were going to do the basic minimum they should have remade the Oracle games instead. 

you're judging a book by its cover, possibly the worst example of it I've seen this year lol

• Like 2

On 9/22/2024 at 3:50 PM, Ewan Chaos said:

If you have the online, just try it on the GBC Virtual Console for a bit and, if you like it, just wait and buy the remake sometime down the line since the physical version has definitely gone on sale before. IMO other 2D Zelda games are superior tho like the Oracle games which are also on the GBC VC. I initially wasn't a fan of the LA remake graphic style either, but it grew on me, mainly because it fits the game theme.

But either way, between LA and Echoes if you want one, go for Echoes since it's a new game. Maybe wait for reviews to come though tho idk.

Great ideas, thank you!! I would prob get  Echos with my voucher depending on how reviews go and wait for a sale/discount on LA

On 9/22/2024 at 4:24 PM, SlowGinFizzzz said:

It's lowkey the best Zelda that's available on the Switch, so yes, definitely check it out sometime! 

Well I really enjoyed BOTW & TOTK, I'll definitely check it out then thanks 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Great ideas, thank you!! I would prob get  Echos with my voucher depending on how reviews go and wait for a sale/discount on LA

Well I really enjoyed BOTW & TOTK, I'll definitely check it out then thanks 

Good call! I was just thinking too, Link's Awakening goes on sale much more often as a physical than digital game, so I definitely think it's good to not use your voucher on it. Though even then you wouldn't want to use your voucher on a digital game that's on sale :laugh:

Can't wait to play Echoes after work!!

1 hour ago, Rence said:

The series tradition of water levels being either boring or frustrating is still present :suburban:

Will a COCK hater enjoy this? :lakitu: I heard the early game can be quite tedious, but it gets better over time. 

omg i was able to buy the game online and have it sent and downloaded to my switch :deadbanana4:

oh wow they ended sony

CBC

Echoes is saurrrr much fun but I'm looking forward to getting the sword upgrade lol. Watching enemies fight together is not it.

Also was not expecting the intro to be what it was. Miss his way of fighting already :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

Sometimes I hate that Zelda went mainstream because some of y'all have truly awful takes on the series.

8 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Will a COCK hater enjoy this? :lakitu: I heard the early game can be quite tedious, but it gets better over time. 

The only tedious part I found so far is the awful menu navigation they used in TOTK. I don't know why they didn't bother optimizing it after all the complaints :suburban:

If you've played and enjoyed ALLTP, ALBW, LA, and/or Minish Cap then you might enjoy this. The game feels closer to a 2D Zelda game than a 3D one imo. The only BOTW/TOTKisms I found are the mechanics, UI, and the creative way of solving puzzles.

I suggest playing up to the second/third dungeon before deciding if you want to continue or not.

• Like 1

Some thoughts after playing for more than 5 hours:

The combat can be a hit or a miss for some. Echo fighting forces you to strategize or just spam that one good echo which I understand can be frustrating for others but I find it very fun. I just imagine I'm a Pokemon trainer using my team to fight the wild mons.

Puzzles are tricky but some of them are designed to be solved by the echoes found nearby. You can't cheese your way out sometimes which is refreshing after playing BOTW and TOTK. The first dungeon was quite basic but the second one I did gave me war flashbacks :deadbanana4:

Overall I'm having fun especially in the overworld and 

Spoiler

mini dungeons

So far I think this could be in my top 3 of 2D Zeldas after ALBW and Minish Cap

I am playing EOW and enjoying it so far.

I hope this becomes a thing now, where we regularly get LoZ games of Zelda being the main hero.

Spoiler

Imagine a 3D one occurring right after the downfall ending of OoT, where learn about how Zelda and the other Sages send Ganondorf back to the Dark World :jonny:

One thing I've noticed that other reviews didn't mention is that the game has quite a lot of m dialogue compared to previous games. I hope it doesn't get annoying throughout the whole game.

Played for about 2 hours and I'm enjoying it. My stoned ass didn't realize I had to run away in the beginning and got sucked into a rift :dies: The Echoes are fun to use especially the rocks!

Edited by Dylangaga
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.