Nintendo Base | Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (MC 86)

feelslikeadream

17 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

I've seen a lot of Zelda take in my lifetime but certainly not this one. Calamity Ganon is considered the easiest boss in the entire franchise, that's a consensus well known. I think you haven't played in a long while and need to refresh your memory.

Demon King Ganondorf wasn't hard but it was a good difficulty. Especially if you don't come prepared with plenty of food (gloom) and you still have no clue how to use the trinity parry/dodge/flurryrush because he will clap your cheeks right back with all 3.

Yeah I should go back to it !

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

1 hour ago, Flocon said:

It was easier in TOTK than BOTW honestly.

Still didn't beat the BOTW final boss tbh

Is this supposed to be satire

:suburban:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, xXavril said:

tbh (and i say this as the biggest Zelda fanboy there is) I'm so glad the developers have flat out said that they've done all they can in this iteration of Zelda. I think TOTK's longevity was already in question when it was released. I've sank over 300 hours into BOTW and over 130 hours into TOTK, and I'm BURNT OUT on this world/gimmick. We've been in this world for 6 years now, and developers have spent well over 10 years developing it. At this point idk what else they could even add to the game that wasn't already included.

I know it's been said a thousand times, but as amazing as TOTK is, it just didn't have the same magic as BOTW.

I also don't see a master mode coming because then they'd have to add a gold enemy variation for every single monster, and that would include new fuse parts. Which is upsetting because master mode really was such a fun feature in BOTW.

The Master Sword is weaker in TOTK than in BOTW + Trial of the Sword. Even if you use the Fuse ability the number of hits and recharge cooldown are still worse than what they were before.

Also, BOTW’s Expansion Pass didn’t have a huge impact on the base game but they gave good incentives such as:

• Master Sword upgrade
  • More armor sets
  • More shrines
  • New Champion cutscenes
  • Champion ability upgrades
  • New boss fight
  • Master Cycle (this is not needed in TOTK)

It wouldn’t hurt for TOTK to have some of these plus new content such as additional Zonai battery and Sage ability upgrades (this is needed tbh)

As for Master Mode, they don’t have to add gold variants of enemies. They could literally just give them higher damage output and health regeneration.

But like what everyone else said one possible reason why they won’t bother making DLC is they want to move on from BOTW + TOTK already. Personally I find it disappointing cause there’s still potential to expand the base game but I’m still grateful with what they made. TOTK is my favorite game of all time :gaycat7:

• Thanks 1

I'm going back into TOTK this week since I have the Zelda and Ganon amiibos now but I wish we had more content. I'm still trying to do everything but the main game first because I feel the story is short. :monkey:

2 minutes ago, sugrbby666 said:

Xenoflop outselling Fire Emblem, oh it was bad for her

the moment scamtendo gives Xenoblade a Final Fantasy size budget its a WRAP for the other RPG girlies

beyonce-nintendo.gif

No Tears DLC was such a bad move imo. How hard would it have been to make another set of Master Sword Trials given the new enemy types and focus on making weapons on the fly? **** would've been fun af. Throw in an extra dungeon and shrines like they did in BotW and boom. Another million or two sold leading up to the holidays.

Engage selling over a million copies in less than a year, so much for a flop game. OFEH losing again

beyonce-nintendo.gif

I'm prepared for the backlash, but I'm glad there isn't DLC

They clearly used all of the ideas they had, seeing as how they gave all the sages have the same "secret stone? demon king?" cutscene. They were already struggling to expand what they had. Riju should have had a completely different cutscene at the very least since she's the same race as Ganondorf. I get people want more, but to say that we should have DLC because BOTW's DLC added extra dungeons, shrines, armor, and sage powerups seems redundant since TOTK arrived with all of those things, and the other DLC features (travel medallion and hero's path). I do agree completely that the master sword not being as powerful is disappointing, and I wish we could upgrade it, but to me that's not worth a DLC price tag.

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, sugrbby666 said:

Lbr you girls are getting XC2 part 2 for XC4 - a cringe shounen anime abomination with big waifu tiddies because that's apparently where the money is

beyonce-nintendo.gif

If we're lucky, we will! Waifu tiddies aside, XC2 remains the best of the series when it comes to pretty much every aspect of gameplay. A marriage of XC2 with XCX's exploration is just what the series needs to get back on track after Xenobore Chronicdull 3.

beyonce-nintendo.gif

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Chris Pratt as Link, I fear.

Been addicted to Wonder the past week playing with my friends :jonny4: wish the camera was a bit better though.

beyonce-nintendo.gif

2 hours ago, xXavril said:

I get people want more, but to say that we should have DLC because BOTW's DLC added extra dungeons, shrines, armor, and sage powerups seems redundant since TOTK arrived with all of those things

Well yeah cause that’s what you’d expect a direct sequel to have :rip: but that’s not the point

You can release a complete game and still add more content to it. This is Zelda we’re talking about, not Pokemon (which loves to sell content separately now). Even Elden Ring had **** load of content and they’re still releasing expansive DLC. It’s easy money for these studios, but Nintendo probably doesn’t care enough and Anouma’s team has moved on already. However, if that case was true, then Master Sword upgrade and Master Mode could have been free updates. We’re not getting those which is baffling unless they’re secretly waiting for the Switch 2 port to give players a reason to upgrade and get more content.

2 hours ago, xXavril said:

They clearly used all of the ideas they had, seeing as how they gave all the sages have the same "secret stone? demon king?" cutscene. They were already struggling to expand what they had. Riju should have had a completely different cutscene at the very least since she's the same race as Ganondorf.

The obvious reason is they want to give the player the freedom to clear the dungeons in any order they choose. Also, Nintendo has always lacked in the storytelling aspect and they didn’t bother to add variety and depth in those cutscenes. The champions in BOTW are two-dimensional like the sages in TOTK, but the Champion’s Ballad added some layers to those characters. Also, this just reminded me that Kass is still missing :rip:

If they really don’t care about sages, then they could have just added more memories of Zelda interacting with the Zonai, cause the game needed more of those to make you care about what’s going on. We could have gotten a Rauru boss fight as a fun bonus at the end of the DLC similar to Maz Koshia.

All of these just support the possibility that Nintendo doesn’t care enough. DLC is not needed in TOTK, but you can say that about most games that were complete and still got DLC anyway. It could have been a win-win situation for both Nintendo and the players. 

• ATRL Moderator

I saw the sales figure @Eternium posted on the last page, but I didn't realize P4 outsold the rest of the series so easily :jonnycat: The Switch effect strikes again!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Subomie said:

No Tears DLC was such a bad move imo. How hard would it have been to make another set of Master Sword Trials given the new enemy types and focus on making weapons on the fly? **** would've been fun af. Throw in an extra dungeon and shrines like they did in BotW and boom. Another million or two sold leading up to the holidays.

19 hours ago, Rence said:

But like what everyone else said one possible reason why they won’t bother making DLC is they want to move on from BOTW + TOTK already.

It’s important to remember that the Switch is in its final year. I wouldn’t be shocked if we saw a repackaging of late entries in series for Switch 2 with spec upgrades along with extra content similar to what they did for for Super Mario 3D World when it relaunched on Switch with Bowser’s Fury. It’s an easy way for them to make tons of money.

8 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

I saw the sales figure @Eternium posted on the last page, but I didn't realize P4 outsold the rest of the series so easily :jonnycat: The Switch effect strikes again!

The only series not hitting new highs on Switch (Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, Earthbound, Metroid) are the ones not getting releases :jonny5: 

• ATRL Moderator
14 minutes ago, Eternium said:

The only series not hitting new highs on Switch (Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, Earthbound, Metroid) are the ones not getting releases :jonny5: 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

Dread has already been the best-selling Metroid game for months

:suburban:

3 hours ago, Eternium said:

Star Fox being so dead and buried it doesn't even warrant a mention :rip: 

• Haha 1

I think most franchises would hit new peaks on Switch, but DK is the one I'd be iffy on. I dunno. The DKC hype in the '90s is crazy to look back on. I don't think a modern entry could recapture it. Tropical Freeze didn't. (Great game tho.)

Nintendo: Hey Sony, let's make world peace with a Zelda movie

Sony: Okay

Nintendo: but it has to be good

Sony: Okay

Nintendo: promise?

Sony: Of course

Nh8JmQu.thumb.gif.54a5d0ac15c71b8b6ad348

8 hours ago, Eternium said:

The things I would do for a new Kid Icarus game. :jonny: It doesn't even necessarily have to be another Kid Icarus: Uprising, in fact I could totally imagine a Kid Icarus game with somethinig like the classic Zelda formula (dungeons, exploration, adventure). I think the characters, the humour and especially the general setting of the series could work really well with that kind of game. Oh well... maybe on the Switch 2.

I’m finally gonna beat Metroid today after months of stalling before the final boss :skull: having to grind to get missile upgrades and the chozo artifacts before was…. A chore. Everything other than that has been a 10/10 though :jonny: I’ve only played dread and now prime remastered from Metroid but they’ve both been some of my favorite games, a new prime game could be the perfect title to launch the switch 2 with

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.