RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

Violet and Yvie are the only modern era winners who stand out to me as being weaker than the rest.

I mean violet is consistently leveling up her career I would not single her out as being weaker than the rest

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

Violet is a rotten ***** to me idc. She just seems like one of those gays I would love to fight because she's just snarky af. Gorgeous gowns beautiful gowns but if Symone is just a "model in drag" (another users words) then what exactly is Violet?

spacer.png

39 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

I've looked this up but found no answer. Rupaul often says "entertainTment", I've heard people refer to Trinity as "TrinTity", Nina Bonina jokingly says "ChinTa" instead of China and I'm sure there are a lot of other examples. Where does the extra "T" come from? Is it a cultural thing, is it sth Ru made up for no reason or sth else? Also, can it be added to any word or is there grammar involved too?

I think it’s a gay slang thing and Ru didn’t make it up. Although Ru using it in “entertaintment” and “Trintity” might also be using wordplay (taint and titty). 

Some other uses I can think of are “Tinta Turnter” = Tina Turner, “hunty” = honey, “lordt” = lord.

I’m not sure if there can be any rules applied to it but it’s an interesting thought. It would be interesting to study if you were interested in phonetics and slang. Innately, I can tell if it “works” or not. For example, “Chinta” doesn’t really work in my brain :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

Did y'all watch House of Drag? I'm watching S2 right now and we NEED Flor on Down Under 3 :ahh:

I think I just don’t like Violet‘s type of drag. I don’t think Violet is any more fashionable than the next Drag Race girl, and I think she’s only seen that way because she won Drag Race. 

I wasn’t watching back when season 7 aired so maybe I just missed the discussion, but I also feel like we don’t talk enough about how season 7 did a terrible job at highlighting Violet and justifying her win. It’s the only season where the winner doesn’t make any sense, imo.

Ru said on his podcast they wanted a young fashion queen to win season 7, which 1) makes Violet look even worse because all she really did was outlast Fame, Max and Pearl for that spot, and 2) makes season 7 even more confusing because why would you fill a season with acting challenges if you want a fashion queen to win?

Season 7 is a disaster and Violet is the least justified winner.

• ATRL Moderator
9 hours ago, qurl said:

Loosey is the Alexis Michelle of season 15 and let’s not pretend that years later we don’t all appreciate how delusional and messy AM was during Season 9 ….. let’s appreciate her for what she is ! plus much like Alexis she is very much a DRAG QUEEN not just a drag doll

Agree.  I loved seeing Loosey fume.  It was funny.  She hasn’t reached the peak delusion levels of Alexis on s9 but I don’t think anyone will. 

• ATRL Moderator

I like Camden but she literally flopped the finale.  She had one of the weaker solo performances and botched the reveal on the final lip sync … with a gag that she recycled from the season. Be serious y’all.  

44 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I don’t think Violet is any more fashionable than the next Drag Race girl

Girl WHAT ???

Violet is actually very much knowledgeable about fashion, its history and her reputation is not based on fluff.

You might not like her style which is fine but please be for real.

Are we really rating Robbie Turner, Derrick Berry, Cynthia Lee Fontaine, sh*t... Even Monet's sweaters and jeans wearing ass on the same level fashion wise as Violet f*cking Chacki simply because they are all Drag Queens ? Most Queens don't go to those levels of artistry because of how uncomfortable it is. It takes a curated mind, an eye, it takes discipline. You can also add to that the fact that she's very much capable of making her own garments.

Just say it, it's haterade.

Pin on Night City FashionAucune description de photo disponible.

Peut être une image de une personne ou plusPeut être une image de 1 personne

Saying Violet is the weakest winner when Bob literally won right after her, with that awful Top 3 of Kim and Naomi... :laugh:

1 hour ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

Girl WHAT ???

Violet is actually very much knowledgeable about fashion, its history and her reputation is not based on fluff.

You might not like her style which is fine but please be for real.

Are we really rating Robbie Turner, Derrick Berry, Cynthia Lee Fontaine, sh*t... Even Monet's sweaters and jeans wearing ass on the same level fashion wise as Violet f*cking Chacki simply because they are all Drag Queens ? Most Queens don't go to those levels of artistry because of how uncomfortable it is. It takes a curated mind, an eye, it takes discipline. You can also add to that the fact that she's very much capable of making her own garments.

Just say it, it's haterade.

Sorry, I think I was unclear about a few things:

1) I agree Violet is very knowledgeable on fashion, I meant I just don't personally think she dresses that nicely. Like, not nicely enough to warrant the ego and persona she puts on lately.

2) I think Violet's fashion is just a little above average compared to most other big Drag Race stars. Obviously Violet's resources and connections alone are enough to keep her looking much nicer than people like Robbie and Cynthia, lol.

3) Like I said in my first sentence, I think I just don't like Violet's type of drag. She looks good in the pictures you linked, but every outfit is in the same exact style and I guess they're all impressive, but I don't find them exciting.

1 hour ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

Saying Violet is the weakest winner when Bob literally won right after her, with that awful Top 3 of Kim and Naomi... :laugh:

Drag Race really is such a subjective competition, because I personally feel Bob, Kim and Naomi is one of the strongest top 3 ever, at least within the context of Drag Race. All three of them are so good at Drag Race, and were great on season 8. The top 3 of season 8 definitely made a lot more sense than the top 3 of season 7, lol. Because again, how did Violet win a season that was mostly about acting challenges and barely featured her?

Edited by Solaris

I wouldn't put Violet in my top 10 most stylish Ru girls. I just don't like the way she dresses that much. She usually looks very nice, but that's where it ends for me. I don't find her style exciting or fun.

32 minutes ago, Solaris said:

y is such a subjective competition, because I personally feel Bob, Kim and Naomi is one of the strongest top 3 ever, at least within the context of Drag Race. All three of them are so good at Drag Race, and were great on season 8. The top 3 of season 8 definitely made a lot more sense than the top 3 of season 7, lol. Because again, how did Violet win a season that was mostly about acting challenges and barely featured her?

Girl, Kim couldn't even walk in heels. 

Didn't Bob also admit to wearing K-Mart brand clothing, or Walmart/Target for the finale or something, too? :rip:

Naomi is not my taste, she never excelled anywhere iirc(?), but I may be wrong.

She won because everyone else sucked too in those acting challenges, but she still shone in her runways, Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, etc... :fan:

Kennedy Davenport and Ginger were a solid Top 3, it's not like K*tya or the chicken hatcher belonged anywhere near there :dancehall3:

Violet has been really annoying every since she's been friends with that annoying twink but you just CANNOT read her drag. She's POLISHED in every sense of the word

Edited by ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚

10 minutes ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Violet has been really annoying every since she's been friends with that annoying twink but you just CANNOT read her drag. She's POLISHED in every sense of the word

So are Kahmora Hall and Irene Dubois

What's your point

Okay I take back Irene

Let my point stand on the strength of Kahmora and not Irene

31 minutes ago, Solaris said:

So are Kahmora Hall and Irene Dubois

What's your point

are you trying to compare them with Violet :deadbanana2: 

5 hours ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

Bob at least was funny at the time, Violet was just there

7 hours ago, Solaris said:

I wasn’t watching back when season 7 aired so maybe I just missed the discussion, but I also feel like we don’t talk enough about how season 7 did a terrible job at highlighting Violet and justifying her win. It’s the only season where the winner doesn’t make any sense, imo.

Ru said on his podcast they wanted a young fashion queen to win season 7, which 1) makes Violet look even worse because all she really did was outlast Fame, Max and Pearl for that spot, and 2) makes season 7 even more confusing because why would you fill a season with acting challenges if you want a fashion queen to win?

Season 7 is a disaster and Violet is the least justified winner.

Production didn’t know what the hell they were doing for S7. They were in a really awkward position because S6 was beloved by fans and regarded as one of the best but was the worst rated and watched season at that point and the only one to lose viewers from the previous year. They also had their budget cut because of that. 

They wanted a more glamorous fashion-focused winner because the past 3 winners were the opposite of that. But they still leaned heavily into comedy challenges and comedy queens like Katya & Ginger cause that’s who fans responded to. None of the first 3 winners were fan faves by any means. Bebe was the most liked and she was the 3rd fave at best behind Nina and Ongina. Tyra was hated and even Raja was massively disliked at the time. 

They learned from S4 that crowning the fan fave benefited them and brought more money to their pockets. Sh*ron was the most popular and successful queen ever at the time. I’m sure if Ginger was liked, they would’ve crowned her but she wasn’t at all and was a distant 3rd in all the fan voting. Pearl was the fave (mostly just for being hot and white) but wasn’t talented enough to ever warrant a crown so Violet was the happy medium. They did crown the right queen as she was the most deserving and her post-show career proves it but you are right that she wasn’t dynamic on the show outside of runways. Violet is a boring girl with no personality other than her put-on try-hard bitchy attitude. They cut a lot of her bitchy moments out because when editing the season they knew it would come down to her or Ginger and they had to make her somewhat likable to audiences to avoid another disliked winner like in seasons 2 & 3.

you can hate that Violet is rather annoying these days and has attached herself to Gottmik but let’s not pretend that she’s not tied with Fame for the most fashionable Ru girl. she very much has an eye for fashion and along with Fame, they were the first couple of girls to really ingratiate themselves in the high end fashion world and be sat front row at these shows/in actual campaigns …. Raja definitely was doing some of that before them but with S7 and onward they set the standard for it being commonplace

Calling Bob a weak winner is WILD to me when she’s easily in the top 10 most successful people to come from the show… yeah her fashion sucked but that’s not why people like her 

Bianca, Trixie, Katya, Bob

idk who else would be up there now in terms of success and recognition 

Violet is THE FASHION AND AESTHETIC GIRL. yall cant deny that. the ***** got it right again and again. no one came CLOSE. 

and the rats that are saying violet is not all that, that are saying she's wearing the same old ****, they never call raja out for all the horrendous looks in fashion photo ruview YEAR AFTER YEAR!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.