RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

The twins are a hoot., I like them a lot

Anetra ate with her performance, I hope she goes far 

Sasha is an icon, I want to see more of her

all in all great premiere. The cast seems nice 

:jonny6:

3 hours ago, Witchpop said:

They would have died if this show came out in the 90's. The people that expect drag to be "friendly" & PC 24/7....

Chile—— tell me about it.  I had to delete a sentence or two yesterday when I typed bc I was going to say “fi$hy” or something and I didn’t want to ruffle feathers. Like idk if it’s a warnable offense now. I’m not looking to get thread banned yet again this season.:deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

I feel like Americans like Luxx, but from a European standpoint, shes so annoying. Jeez

Your not the only one. I’m from the USA and she’s annoying. On top of that, she’s a carbon copy of every other drag race contestant to ever be on rpdr. (Year after year my biggest complaint for these young Ru girls)  She’s a reference queen.  I think that should be the new term for the clones.  Heavily referencing Naomi Smalls (especially when she dances), Symone, and Aquaria.  She clearly knows that to win, you can’t be shy and even that “confidence” she eludes to having is so forced. I never knew that was even a thing until I seen it on Luxx. I call it cosplay confidence. 

43 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Uh no? We need them. They add flavors to the cast. Also drag queens are supposed to be delusional 

Good point. Me finding her annoying or delusional doesn’t negate the fact that she’s good TV.  I really don’t even care that’s she’s delusional, it’s moreso the unoriginality and cosplay confidence that turn me off. 

The double premiere felt very complete and despite having 16 queens this season I think we saw enough of every one. No one fade into the background and that's a good thing for a first impression. 

I actually liked Salina and her whole act but now knowing she's actually not Mexican irks me a lot. She's a literal living stereotype, which would've been fine if done by the appropriate person but... it just feels wrong now lmao

Edited by TROPICUM

Regardless, I was living for Salina’s entrance look (except that nightgown that didn’t match). A chicana entrance look is so cvnt

2 hours ago, manwhore said:

Your not the only one. I’m from the USA and she’s annoying. On top of that, she’s a carbon copy of every other drag race contestant to ever be on rpdr. (Year after year my biggest complaint for these young Ru girls)  She’s a reference queen.  I think that should be the new term for the clones.  Heavily referencing Naomi Smalls (especially when she dances), Symone, and Aquaria.  She clearly knows that to win, you can’t be shy and even that “confidence” she eludes to having is so forced. I never knew that was even a thing until I seen it on Luxx. I call it cosplay confidence.

All of this! She just doesn't seem genuine. Hope she gets her comeuppance soon :heart2:

I loved Irene so very sad to see her go, lots of polish and engaging personality but she lost fair and square. her interactions with Mistress were low-key the best part of the premiere discussions

I'm glad the judging was fair although Aura was extremely disappointing 

My thoughts on everyone so far:

Mistress - She's making it to the finale, everything is correct. Love her

Irene - Lowkey wish they could've rigged it for her to stay. One of the all-time best first outs

Antera - I'm not sure about her paint but she ate up everything else 

Jax - I'm so glad she got a HIGH placement, her performance was amazing

MMM - It's giving Jan but self aware. Talent show was very good

Sasha - Charismatic and talented but didn't stand out in this episode

Salina - She's a bit much but I like her

Luxx - She's good TV but delusional

Malaysia - One of the best in the confessional. Not sure yet about the rest

Spice - You can tell she's not a performer but I was entertained by the talent show

Sugar - Not as good as Spice's number/drag and you can see that it's just a watered down version

Robin - she seems like a bar queen: good performer but I don't see her going far

Poppy - There's potential but I think she needs more time to bake

Loosey - Polished but she came across whiny. Not sure yet 

Aura - Very cringe so far and the performance was real bad. I want to like her but don't so far

Amethyst - Boot. All of it.

WOW what a great start to the season. Such a great cast. So many standouts. Great first celebrity judge. Great challenges. Top tier runway. Only bummer was Irene going home.

8 hours ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

HERNIetrA payola'd, MARiCIA robbed, Irene is so much more entertaining than amethist :zzz: good episode, tho

I swear this tacky nicknames need to stop. 

ANETRA's talent show and runway were better than Marcia, rewatch the episode darling

This was definitely the best premiere since S12.

Even though I'm not a fan of talent shows with sooo many original tracks, all the queens got to show themselves and had quite a decent screentime. 

My only concern is that the top 4 seems quite obvious from the beginning, I think there's a lot of difference in talent between the girls. Unless some surprises are going to happen, I think this is going to be a quite predictable season. Sasha is on lock, Anetra and Mistress too. Not too sure about the fourth one, but it's just between 2 or 3 other queens. 

Imagine being mad that a drag queen lipsyncs 

7 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

Imagine being mad that a drag queen lipsyncs 

Well yeah, but in this case I'm pretty sure she's mad 'cause she can't lip sync for her motherf***ing life herself :ahh:

If I didn't know Loosey was from Connecticut I would be sure she was the third member of Stephanie's Child.Her number was giving big Rose/Jan energy :rip:

Jinkx just won $250K and she's on the Pit Stop wearing a wig straight off the bag...

Anetra and Mistress are the clear standouts of the season already :alexz: 

I have a feeling Sasha will also step her game up and become another frontrunner :alexz2:

Malaysia also has great potential, love her confessionals. Excited to see what she has to offer

At the moment the cast feels really bloated with about 6-8 filler queens tbh :rip: Even if there was an elimination every week this season will go on for 4 months which feels wild :skull: 

I found the twins, Amethyst, and Aura beyond cringe. I am so sorry but it feels like there’s a literal VOID when it comes to their charisma :deadbanana4: I didn’t mind Luxx, I think she makes good TV.

I thought the Pit Stop episode was very underwhelming. :rip: Kinda miss Trixie and Monet, they were my favorites hosts. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.